#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    We need to get Hubie Brown on the phone. I don't care if he's 97 years old.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Random thing that's been bugging me in this stretch:

Casey is pulling Lowry in the last 2-3 minutes of the first half. I guess they're trying to find him some rest time, but basically we have a good stretch where at least a couple of times we built double digit leads. Then he pulls Lowry and the other team closes the gap a bit to end the half and we have lost all the momentum we built in the 2nd quarter. I just don't get it. Most coaches think the way you close a half/quarter is very important, arguably the most important stretch of each quarter. We are handicapping ourselves and letting double digit leads evaporate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...our-3-1.670335

Sterner is around 14 min mark. Lol

Comment

• Sterner spitting some ether lol telling the truth and in the process likely setting himself up to never get another job in the NBA.

Comment

• Yeah, sterners coaching career is done but the guy is entertaining on TV/radio. Fire Leo.

Comment

• Casey is as good as gone if Raps can't figure this shit out.

Still, I'm expecting our roster to look different after the all-star break. Although with Masai you should expect unexpected so I don't know. Lol.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                Random thing that's been bugging me in this stretch:

Casey is pulling Lowry in the last 2-3 minutes of the first half. I guess they're trying to find him some rest time, but basically we have a good stretch where at least a couple of times we built double digit leads. Then he pulls Lowry and the other team closes the gap a bit to end the half and we have lost all the momentum we built in the 2nd quarter. I just don't get it. Most coaches think the way you close a half/quarter is very important, arguably the most important stretch of each quarter. We are handicapping ourselves and letting double digit leads evaporate.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                It's very strange, because the half is already a nice long break. You'd think those three minutes would be of much greater value, say, in the middle of the 2nd Q, then bring him back in to finish the half.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                  DeMar also sounds like he's throwing the coaching staff under the bus....

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2017/...g-locker-room/
                  Adjustments???

Adjustments, they say. Adjustments are everything.

Balderdash, or something close to that, says Raptors coach Dwane Casey.

When people say making adjustments is when I laugh,” Casey said yesterday after the Raptors had a film and relaxed work session at the Air Canada Centre. “Going all the way to the championship (as a Dallas Mavericks assistant in 2011) we changed very little, maybe a substitution and we still won.

“That’s when I laugh when people say, ‘He beat him because he made 50 adjustments.’ You can’t do that. I’m not that smart by the way. I don’t know what coach is.”
                  https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...h-wizards.html

Your star guards are saying it now, Case. Time to stop laughing.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• At least we can kill the debate about what lowry was referring to, now that wwf superstar tom sterner grabbed a mic to lay the smack down

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Adjustments???

https://www.thestar.com/sports/rapto...h-wizards.html

Your star guards are saying it now, Case. Time to stop laughing.
                      I can't believe he actually said "I'm not that smart by the way. I don't know what coach is"

Is this real life

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Sterner spitting some ether lol telling the truth and in the process likely setting himself up to never get another job in the NBA.
                        I'm at work and can't listen in...what is he saying?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                          I posted a quick summary in the game thread....

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            https://mobile.twitter.com/JLew1050?...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                              I posted a quick summary in the game thread....
                              The short summary is: Tom Sterner does not like Kyle Lowry "as a man". Stopping just short of calling him toxic. Didn't actually say it quite like that, but that's the gist I got out of it.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                I can't believe he actually said "I'm not that smart by the way. I don't know what coach is"

Is this real life
                                I wish Casey would avoid quotes like that (although not sure how fair it is to post a quote from 2 years ago in a discussion about last night) as it makes him seem stubborn and somewhat petty unnecessarily, but I do think the talk about adjustments from guys like Lowry & DeRozan allow them to pass the buck rather than face their own share of the heat.

The idea that SVG called a timeout last night in the fourth quarter, made an "adjustment" to their game plan and then his team outscored the Raptors by 17 points in the fourth quarter oversimplifies it way too much, and is basically untrue. Or the notion that Casey stubbornly refused to do the same and that's why they blew their big lead. Yes, minor tweaks will be made on the fly during the course of the game but those teams ran largely the same offensive and defensive schemes for the full 48 last night - the biggest difference was that the Raptors stopped guarding anyone in the final 12 minutes and Lowry/DD fell back into their terrible habit of taking turns playing hero ball rather than running through their sets and finding open teammates. The same glaring holes on defence from last night's collapse have been there for months now - not because SVG had some brilliant stroke of coaching genius and Casey failed to counterpunch. If that was the case then why didn't Van Gundy do it 3 quarters sooner and avoid being buried by 16 going into fourth?

Once again, this is not meant to be a defence for Casey. It just seems a little disingenuous for Lowry to play defence the way he did in that fourth quarter, and for DD/Lowry to make some of the decisions they did during the same stretch... and then throw their coach under the bus afterwards for failing to "adjust". Maybe he was supposed to call a time out and ask them nicely to guard someone and to not force a bad shot over good defence every time down the court.
                                Last edited by Fully; Mon Feb 13, 2017, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X