#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I think raps could win 45 games without Lowry. All depends on the moves you make. If they can bring in another secondary scorer. Some like Galo who was a leading scorer for the Nuggets.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    You're probably right (give or take a few wins). But the looming question is, what is the point of winning ~45 games? How does that bring us closer to a championship-calibre roster?

Comment

• What am I reading here? Replace Lowry with Nando and it won't make much of a difference??? Jeezus...

The problem, my opinion, is some ppl wanna be a legit contender or at least have all the attributes of a contender (play team ball, have a superstar and strategic coaches) and some ppl are still high off these recent playoff runs the Raptors have never experienced ever for this long so they are happy with marginal improvements/ marginal setbacks; which is essentially tread milling.

Nobody in their right mind would think replacing Lowry with Nando is viable option to be competitive.

But the kicker here is Masai was firm in acknowledging that we won't be tread milling and reiterated a forward thinking culture ( in response to our offensive "system")

Loosing Lowry and replacing him with Marginal NBA player doesn't align with his overall organizational mantra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        You're probably right (give or take a few wins). But the looming question is, what is the point of winning ~45 games? How does that bring us closer to a championship-calibre roster?
        If we bring back Lowry were not winning a championship either though. At least this way we get a little younger and open up more minutes for Wright. Also we have to pay Norm next summer. Never thought I would say this but, I'd rather pay Norm than Lowry. If we can get our hands on a guy Like Holiday that would be huge.

Let's not forget we went 14-7 without Lowry. When everyone here thought the season was over.
        Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 17, 2017, 05:05 PM.
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
          Lol, we should have finished better than 51 wins this year (with a healthy Lowry).
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed May 17, 2017, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
            But if we lost Lowry and one of Patterson/Tucker, we'd be well enough under (we have about 40 mill or so before the threshold, non?)?
            So, we're keeping Ibaka (20M+) and Pat/Tucker (10-15M), and presumably shelling out 8M or so for de Colo or some such other MLE level Lowry replacement (still LOL, but leaving that aside)...

That puts the team right against the tax, if not into it, with the following roster:

de Colo / CoJo / Wright / Van Vleet
            DeRozan / Powell
            Carroll / Bruno
            Ibaka / Patterson / Siakam
            Valanciunas / Poeltl / Nogueira

What about that roster screams 50 wins to anyone? Nevermind that it's capped out for the foreseeable future.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              So, we're keeping Ibaka (20M+) and Pat/Tucker (10-15M), and presumably shelling out 8M or so for de Colo or some such other MLE level Lowry replacement (still LOL, but leaving that aside)...

That puts the team right against the tax, if not into it, with the following roster:

de Colo / CoJo / Wright / Van Vleet
              DeRozan / Powell
              Carroll / Bruno

What about that roster screams 50 wins to anyone? Nevermind that it's capped out for the foreseeable future.
              for the sake of argument what about boston's roster screams 50 wins to you?

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

De Colo / CoJo / Wright / Van Vleet
                DeRozan / Powell
                Carroll / Bruno

I'd guess a further shakeup involving one or two of JV/Cory/Caroll, but who knows.

Everything being equal, I'd probably drop FVV and Pat and keep Tucker. Then, can we use the MLE if we start below the tax? Either way, that looks like a highly competitive, 2-way team to me. 50 wins might be a stretch, but a lot of that depends on internal development and how the team reacts to a new/redistributed offense.

I'm really not overly concerned with being capped out. We aren't going to get far enough below the cap anyways. The cap space game really does not appeal to me (why would it after Hedo, Carroll, etc).

We still have our picks and most importantly we'd have plenty of tradeable assets, which Lowry at 35 mill might not be.
                Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Wed May 17, 2017, 07:11 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                  for the sake of argument what about boston's roster screams 50 wins to you?
                  Brad Stevens.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Brad Stevens.
                    not a roster piece but yeah, kind of the point i'm getting at. I would say we underachieved considerably while Boston overachieved. I would rather be an overachieving team with a good coach. This team looks like it's playing in quicksand frequently and a lot of that is uncertainty on where to move.

Comment

not a roster piece but yeah, kind of the point i'm getting at. I would say we underachieved considerably while Boston overachieved. I would rather be an overachieving team with a good coach. This team looks like it's playing in quicksand frequently and a lot of that is uncertainty on where to move.
                      Losing both home games to the 8th. I think both were blows outs. Than you get lucky with thier starting PG injury after playing like the second best player in the series.

Than next series you go 7 games with a good team. Lost all your road games by 10+ point but the last one I think. Pretty sure for 4 of thier 5 losses this playoff were blowouts.

Yeah, they overarching alright. Not like they were number seeed in the conference or something...

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 17, 2017, 08:06 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Losing both home games to the 8th. I think both were blows outs. Than you get lucky with thier starting PG injury after playing like the second best player in the series.

Than next series you go 7 games with a good team. Lost all your road games by 10+ point but the last one I think. Pretty sure for 4 of thier 5 losses this playoff were blowouts.

Yeah, they overarching alright. Not like they were number seeed in the conference or something...

Yeah so? They've got the 1st pick this season and a what is likely to be a high lottery pick next season.

What in the world do we have?! We'll be in the tax if we bring back everybody. We'll be capped out if we don't sign Lowry and sign everyone else. They've proven nothing and we've got very few ways of bringing in elite talent now.

Boston's got picks, cap space, and a coach who is one of the best in the league. We've got???

Comment

The fact that that roster is the first seed in the conference is a major overachievement by them and a major underachievement by everyone else.

Comment

The fact that that roster is the first seed in the conference is a major overachievement by them and a major underachievement by everyone else.
                            Cavs underachieved but that's because they stopped caring
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Cavs didn't care about #1 seed and raps lost one of thier best player for the last 21 games. Celtics roster isn't as bad as people make it seen. You got a star in IT and an All-star in Horford. Than you have Bradley and Crowder. Two legit two way players. Who actually make opensl 3s. They have thier holes like every other team not name Cleveland in the East.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Mindlessness wrote: View Post
                                Yeah so? They've got the 1st pick this season and a what is likely to be a high lottery pick next season.

What in the world do we have?! We'll be in the tax if we bring back everybody. We'll be capped out if we don't sign Lowry and sign everyone else. They've proven nothing and we've got very few ways of bringing in elite talent now.

Boston's got picks, cap space, and a coach who is one of the best in the league. We've got???
                                Sounds like your beef is with management.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed May 17, 2017, 08:48 PM.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X