• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GinobilisBaldSpot wrote: View Post
    No more excuses now.
    ECF or bust for DC

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
      Quite the opposite, they've got the golden "we only had 27 games to incorporate Ibaka, that's not long enough, we need a training camp" excuse if it fails and we bring the same team back.
      I never said that. lol. I concur with G-Spot...... no excuses now.

Comment

Quite the opposite, they've got the golden "we only had 27 games to incorporate Ibaka, that's not long enough, we need a training camp" excuse if it fails and we bring the same team back.
        Ibaka could do literally nothing but spot up on O and play average (for him) defence and we'd still be miles better. so this will not be a legit excuse.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I never said that. lol. I concur with G-Spot...... no excuses now.
          I didn't mean you specifically haha, I meant as in like generic excuse that most teams who get a big piece mid-season would use. And no of course I wouldn't say that's a legit excuse either, I'm just saying that's what they'll probably use.

Comment

I didn't mean you specifically haha, I meant as in like generic excuse that most teams who get a big piece mid-season would use. And no of course I wouldn't say that's a legit excuse either, I'm just saying that's what they'll probably use.
            lol. I know, just joking around. Today is a good day.

Comment

• So if we fail then Masai has an excuse to fire Casey. That's an opportunity for Masai to install his guy and take a step.
              In the past, I don't think Masai had quite the same excuse. Casey was not good enough but the optics/politics/chemistry of franchise record in single season wins and Atlantic titles couldn't be ignored either. I think Masai knew and knows what he has in Casey.
              We lock into ibaka and Lowry this fall. We still have assets to tinker around the edges. The price paid is my fav part about this deal. We still have flexibility. Hopefully we can move cory and sully. If not, then hopefully Cory before this time next yr. I think we have to live with Carroll and hopefully he's somewhat useful.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                Ibaka could do literally nothing but spot up on O and play average (for him) defence and we'd still be miles better. so this will not be a legit excuse.
                Ibaka's one of the most "portable" players in the league.. you can drop him on any roster and expect him to produce.

Comment

Not at all. Its not like you're trading away Derozan for Melo and have to incorporate a major star into the system, all Ibaka will be asked to do is shoot and defend.

Comment

• Well with Ibaka on his way Casey stays alive another day (more like year).

A.I wrote: View Post
                    Not at all. Its not like you're trading away Derozan for Melo and have to incorporate a major star into the system, all Ibaka will be asked to do is shoot and defend.
                    Yup.

He's basically going to be used like Patterson on steroids.

Comment

• Haha James. It rhymes. with Ibaka on his way, Casey stays alive another day.

Comment

• Think Masai can ship Casey plus parts to Utah for Jerry Sloan? Someone check Trade Machine.

DanH, cap implications?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          Haha James. It rhymes. with Ibaka on his way, Casey stays alive another day.
                          Lol smh I didn't even notice...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Haha James. It rhymes. with Ibaka on his way, Casey stays alive another day.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• Any chance Lowry was consulted about the Ibaka deal in advance? Perhaps he was taking about getting this deal done rather than talking about Casey? Perhaps ownership hasdnt signed off / perhaps Masai was trying to drive too hard of a bargain?

I naturally assumed Lowry's comments were about DC but what if they were just his frustration at this deal not getting done. I don't think it's impossible to consider that Lowry given a free agent at season's end might be kept appraised of managements plans for the (near) future and salary cap / tax implications.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                                Any chance Lowry was consulted about the Ibaka deal in advance? Perhaps he was taking about getting this deal done rather than talking about Casey? Perhaps ownership hasdnt signed off / perhaps Masai was trying to drive too hard of a bargain?

I naturally assumed Lowry's comments were about DC but what if they were just his frustration at this deal not getting done. I don't think it's impossible to consider that Lowry given a free agent at season's end might be kept appraised of managements plans for the (near) future and salary cap / tax implications.
                                Lowry was not involved in the inner workings of this deal in any way shape or form. The comments were about Casey/coaching, he was heat of the moment pissed after another brutal 4th quarter choke job.

Today is a new day, new thing all together. Great timing, this team was miserable 2 days ago.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X