No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is a endless cycle. You guys will hate and pray he gets fired but Casey will keep winning.

#ProveEm.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      This is a endless cycle. You guys will hate and pray he gets fired but Casey will keep winning.

#ProveEm.

Not everybody hates Casey. I know it fuels you to be the guy vs the world and say "I told ya so" but its more like a 50/50 split
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

This is a endless cycle. You guys will hate and pray he gets fired but Casey will keep winning.

#ProveEm.

Well myself and others have pointed out that we have always played better following a trade under Casey. It's hard to give lots of credit to any coach for that since there's little practice time mid-season. That trend has continued this time, and boosted by young guys like Wright and Poeltl making the most of their minutes (Poeltl who should've been playing over Bebe most/all year)...so we're getting great contributions from guys who have not been part of the roster/rotation and Casey has mixed up his rotations with no plan seemingly beyond "hopefully player x will play better than player y".

Things also turned around partly due to a players only meeting...so again, hard to give much credit to the coach.

Casey gets credit for emphasizing winning and a never give up attitude...it certainly helps that most players on the roster are team-first, high character guys.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

#ProveEm.

Yeah this borders on trolling. I say borders on only because I don't want to come across as trolling myself. Yeah... nuance

I'm always surprised that mods let "haters" go. Particularly when it is liberally thrown out by the same offenders. I find it very offensive and sometimes I struggle not to react in kind.

Comment

• Hate. Hater. Haters. Adds nothing to the conversation. Provides no value.

I see examples of context, rationale, opinion, support for that opinion, money ball stats from some. Rather than a response in kind... Response: hater.

Brilliant. And productive.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              Well myself and others have pointed out that we have always played better following a trade under Casey. It's hard to give lots of credit to any coach for that since there's little practice time mid-season. That trend has continued this time, and boosted by young guys like Wright and Poeltl making the most of their minutes (Poeltl who should've been playing over Bebe most/all year)...so we're getting great contributions from guys who have not been part of the roster/rotation and Casey has mixed up his rotations with no plan seemingly beyond "hopefully player x will play better than player y".

Things also turned around partly due to a players only meeting...so again, hard to give much credit to the coach.

Casey gets credit for emphasizing winning and a never give up attitude...it certainly helps that most players on the roster are team-first, high character guys.
              At least we can all agree that Masai has done a good job, right? ... checks for peanutwuzzle ... right!
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                At least we can all agree that Masai has done a good job, right? ... checks for peanutwuzzle ... right!
                Hahah peanutwuzzle there's a name I almost forgot about

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                  Yeah this borders on trolling. I say borders on only because I don't want to come across as trolling myself. Yeah... nuance

I'm always surprised that mods let "haters" go. Particularly when it is liberally thrown out by the same offenders. I find it very offensive and sometimes I struggle not to react in kind.
                  "Hater" is thrown around so often, that it's lost all meaning.

Casey sucks and deserves to die! - Hater
                  Casey has some strengths but also some weaknesses - Hater
                  Casey will probably stick around for the duration of his contract - Hater
                  Casey's wife is sexy - Hater

Comment

• I just have trouble believing that most coaches (I'll leave out Pop and a few others you could fill in yourself) would be doing a much better job with this roster over the last 2 years.

We don't have a superstar (Kyle made an All NBA 3rd team last year but he is not in the top 10 player tier, more like 10-15) and yet we have succeeded on both sides of the ball. This includes this stretch this season where the team has gone 11-5 with their best player out of the lineup.

I understand there are different things to nitpick that we can debate. Is the offense too dependent on its starting guards (counter is results and how good these two are on offense compared to everyone else), defensive inconsistency (Though when the personnel has been good the defense has been much better whether it be last year or this year when they actually had a healthy power forward), resting Kyle and DeMar more (This is the thing i agree with the most but then they lose more and we hear the complaints), the use/development of JV, the all bench units showing up too much.

These debates can and should be had. But I think his critics miss the forest for the trees with Casey. He has been the coach that has overseen an absolute joke of a franchise become respectable, very good and now hopefully a contender (I'm very optimistic for the level this team can reach if Lowry gets healthy). There is also a grass is greener philsophy. Not every new coach is Steve Kerr or Brad Stephens (who has yet to win a playoff series lol). How excited would you feel for hiring Fisher or Hornachuk or Vogul based on what we've seen.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Not everybody hates Casey. I know it fuels you to be the guy vs the world and say "I told ya so" but its more like a 50/50 split
                      I do like being right.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I do like being right.

Like when you wanted to give up a 1st round pick for Anthony Bennett's carcass?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Or how bout when sully was gonna fix everything upon arrival

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                            Or that Greg Steimsma was going to take JV's starting spot because he was the defensive minded center that Casey wanted?
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
                              I just have trouble believing that most coaches (I'll leave out Pop and a few others you could fill in yourself) would be doing a much better job with this roster over the last 2 years.

We don't have a superstar (Kyle made an All NBA 3rd team last year but he is not in the top 10 player tier, more like 10-15) and yet we have succeeded on both sides of the ball. This includes this stretch this season where the team has gone 11-5 with their best player out of the lineup.

I understand there are different things to nitpick that we can debate. Is the offense too dependent on its starting guards (counter is results and how good these two are on offense compared to everyone else), defensive inconsistency (Though when the personnel has been good the defense has been much better whether it be last year or this year when they actually had a healthy power forward), resting Kyle and DeMar more (This is the thing i agree with the most but then they lose more and we hear the complaints), the use/development of JV, the all bench units showing up too much.

These debates can and should be had. But I think his critics miss the forest for the trees with Casey. He has been the coach that has overseen an absolute joke of a franchise become respectable, very good and now hopefully a contender (I'm very optimistic for the level this team can reach if Lowry gets healthy). There is also a grass is greener philsophy. Not every new coach is Steve Kerr or Brad Stephens (who has yet to win a playoff series lol). How excited would you feel for hiring Fisher or Hornachuk or Vogul based on what we've seen.
                              Very well said. No coach is perfect. All coaches have thier strenghts and weakness'. Casey strentghs out weight his weakness'.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                                Or that Greg Steimsma was going to take JV's starting spot because he was the defensive minded center that Casey wanted?
                                No, like Deebo and Casey getting resigned. Just name a couple
                                KeonClark wrote: View Post
                                Nilanka wrote: View Post

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X