#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primer wrote: View Post
    Casey's that excellent Assistant Manager that you promote to Manager only to realize its too much for him to handle. I've seen it happen plenty of times in the business world. Some guys are just best suited to an assistant role.
    Exactly. He's better off as a wingman. It's why he did so well under Carlisle.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Casey's that excellent Assistant Manager that you promote to Manager only to realize its too much for him to handle. I've seen it happen plenty of times in the business world. Some guys are just best suited to an assistant role.
      I don't necessarily agree, but this is called the Peter Principle. Manager's rise to the level of their incompetence.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Watching the rockets execute against Atlanta without harden or Dwight makes me sure Casey won't be back next year. We miss one guy and the team falls apart because instead of a system we have lineups that play a certain way and aren't interchangeable.
        Montejunas looked terrible last year but they stay confident in him and let him touch the ball and he's been great, while jv is going nowhere fast

Comment

• draps wrote: View Post
          Watching the rockets execute against Atlanta without harden or Dwight makes me sure Casey won't be back next year. We miss one guy and the team falls apart because instead of a system we have lineups that play a certain way and aren't interchangeable.
          Montejunas looked terrible last year but they stay confident in him and let him touch the ball and he's been great, while jv is going nowhere fast
          Not sure the Rockets are the best example since in the offseason lots of people were saying how terrible of a coach McHale was so if anything you're suggesting he got better as a coach which Casey could also do in theory.

Comment

• Casey should get rabies and become a werewolf.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
              Casey should get rabies and become a werewolf.
              We missed you LBF.

Or I have anyway. Haha

Comment

• This thread is hilarious.
                Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                Because its 2015

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                  We do run plays.
                  Play #1: Give it to Demar and blame other people for spacing.
                  Play #2: Give it to Demar and say he uzually makez thoze shotz
                  Play #3: Give it to Demar and tell him to spit on JV on the way by, miss a lay up, then whine for a foul while getting beat in transition
                  #3 is my favourite, and the most effectivr
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Don't know why people rag on DD so much

He's the one player who's truly doing everything he can to get Casey fired.
                    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                      Don't know why people rag on DD so much

He's the one player who's truly doing everything he can to get Casey fired.

Comment

• DD has struggled a lot this year, and his shot selection at the best of times leaves something to be desired. Lowry hasn't been much better for the last two months. The 5 game slide was hard to watch. Coach Casey is still capable of making your head hurt with a lot of his decisions.

All of those things are undoubtedly true, some of them even proven with plenty of data.

Having said all that, some of the story lines you guys create in your imagination about the demise of the Raptors are pretty funny, bordering on delusional. I'm not sure if you could find one piece of tangible evidence that the team has a chemistry problem or dislikes one another, that everyone in the organization aren't on the same page from Masai to Casey to the players, that the team is revolting or tuning out it's coach, etc. In fact, all of the tangible evidence speaks to the opposite. But if you listened to some of you go on for days at a time, you would swear that Casey/DD are this dastardly duo that have the entire organization by the balls - including Masai!! - and that no one is man enough to step up and stop them from their crusade to sabotage the entire Raptors season.

It was only a year and change when so many of us, including myself near the forefront, were convinced that this franchise had a one way ticket to 5 year irrelevancy unless Masai took a flame thrower to the entire thing. Now we're on the verge of the franchise's best regular season, hosting another first round playoff series, and most of you still don't have a single positive thing to say about a damn thing that has happened over the last 14 months.

The annoyance of the armchair coach/GM has never been more prevalent than in this thread. Running to the keyboards to yell "I told you so!!" every time DeRozan has a bad game or Casey has a defensive match up that gets exploited. Of course with no mention that a lot of you wanted us to build around Ross instead of DeRozan, or bought into the Colangelo plan, or sipped the Bargnani kool-aid for years, or thought getting Rudy Gay was a great trade, or co-signed/advocated for any other of a dozen moves that did/would have derailed the franchise. But hey, you said DD was inefficient and gosh darn it you were right. Hats off.

The product on the court is ugly at times. The players are imperfect. The coach and GM too. But all in all I've enjoyed this season a lot, and the last 60 games of last year too. Call me crazy, but it's kind of fun being somewhat relevant in the East for the second year in a row, even if it does come at a watered down time. I never expected the team to be juggernauts, or true championship contenders, so why would I ball my fists together and complain every time they fall short of that measure?

Which is related to the last thing I want to say - it's obvious that most of you think DD is average to below average selfish ball hog, that Lowry has been similarly bad for a large part of the season, that the coach is a bumbling idiot who is straight up costing us wins left and right, that Vasquez sucks, that Williams is a chucker who doesn't help you win, etc…. and yet you still think we're underachieving at 16 games over .500. There's a disconnect in logic there that none of you have bothered to explain.

But I don't understand what a lot of what you guys say nowadays.
                        Last edited by Fully; Wed Mar 4, 2015, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          DD has struggled a lot this year, and his shot selection at the best of times leaves something to be desired. Lowry hasn't been much better for the last two months. The 5 game slide was hard to watch. Coach Casey is still capable of making your head hurt with a lot of his decisions.

All of those things are undoubtedly true, some of them even proven with plenty of data.

Having said all that, some of the story lines you guys create in your imagination about the demise of the Raptors are pretty funny, bordering on delusional. I'm not sure if you could find one piece of tangible evidence that the team has a chemistry problem or dislikes one another, that everyone in the organization aren't on the same page from Masai to Casey to the players, that the team is revolting or tuning out it's coach, etc. In fact, all of the tangible evidence speaks to the opposite. But if you listened to some of you go on for days at a time, you would swear that Casey/DD are this dastardly duo that have the entire organization by the balls - including Masai!! - and that no one is man enough to step up and stop them from their crusade to sabotage the entire Raptors season.

It was only a year and change when so many of us, including myself near the forefront, were convinced that this franchise had a one way ticket to 5 year irrelevancy unless Masai took a flame thrower to the entire thing. Now we're on the verge of the franchise's best regular season, hosting another first round playoff series, and most of you still don't have a single positive thing to say about a damn thing that has happened over the last 14 months.

The annoyance of the armchair coach/GM has never been more prevalent than in this thread. Running to the keyboards to yell "I told you so!!" every time DeRozan has a bad game or Casey has a defensive match up that gets exploited. Of course with no mention that a lot of you wanted us to build around Ross instead of DeRozan, or bought into the Colangelo plan, or sipped the Bargnani kool-aid for years, or thought the Gay trade was a great trade, or co-signed/advocated for any other of a dozen moves that did or would have derailed the franchise. But hey, you said DD was inefficient and gosh darn it you were right. Hats off.

The product on the court is ugly at times. The players are imperfect. The coach and GM too. But all in all I've enjoyed this season a lot, and the last 60 games of last year too. Call me crazy, but it's kind of fun being somewhat relevant in the East for the second year in a row, even if it does come at a watered down time. I never expected the team to be juggernauts, or true championship contenders, so why would I ball my fists together and complain every time they fall short of that measure?

Which brings me to my last point - it's obvious that most of you think DD is average to below average selfish ball hog, that Lowry has been similarly bad for a large part of the season, that the coach is a bumbling idiot who is straight up costing us wins left and right, that Vasquez sucks, that Williams is a chucker who doesn't help you win, etc…. and yet you still think we're underachieving at 16 games over .500. There's a disconnect in logic there that none of you have bothered to explain.

Bucks are 14 games over .500 and have key injuries. Eastern conference sucks

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            Bucks are 14 games over .500 and have key injuries. Eastern conference sucks
                            Lol you mean 4 games above .500

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                              DD has struggled a lot this year, and his shot selection at the best of times leaves something to be desired. Lowry hasn't been much better for the last two months. The 5 game slide was hard to watch. Coach Casey is still capable of making your head hurt with a lot of his decisions.

The annoyance of the armchair coach/GM has never been more prevalent than in this thread. Running to the keyboards to yell "I told you so!!" every time DeRozan has a bad game or Casey has a defensive match up that gets exploited. Of course with no mention that a lot of you wanted us to build around Ross instead of DeRozan, or bought into the Colangelo plan, or sipped the Bargnani kool-aid for years, or thought getting Rudy Gay was a great trade, or co-signed/advocated for any other of a dozen moves that did/would have derailed the franchise. But hey, you said DD was inefficient and gosh darn it you were right. Hats off.

Which is related to the last thing I want to say - it's obvious that most of you think DD is average to below average selfish ball hog, that Lowry has been similarly bad for a large part of the season, that the coach is a bumbling idiot who is straight up costing us wins left and right, that Vasquez sucks, that Williams is a chucker who doesn't help you win, etc…. and yet you still think we're underachieving at 16 games over .500. There's a disconnect in logic there that none of you have bothered to explain.

DD is a very good and efficient player when he plays in an offensive system. Against the Sixers our offense looked great because we got back to horns and away from iso (for the most part). Patterson was right, our offense is good when we move the ball. Unfortunately, Casey lets (or demands) we get away from moving the ball and go full on iso for large stretches (games at a time). The GSW pregame board where they noted we go full iso if they pressure us was literally the writing on the wall. I'd really be fine with trading no one, replacing Casey, and using our cap space to shore up whatever else. DD and Lowry have shown they can be very efficient in a system, or incredibly inefficient when given free reign.

Comment

• DDelight wrote: View Post
                                Lol you mean 4 games above .500
                                Yeah miscalculated been using them an example of the weak East. They are -6 in losses Raps 22 Bucks 28

Comment

Working...
                                X