• The new year hasn't changed anything

#FireCasey

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
        The new year hasn't changed anything

#FireCasey
        Haha

Not getting fired.

I'm all over not picking up his option this off season though....especially with possibility of lottery pick coming in.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          Haha

Not getting fired.

I'm all over not picking up his option this off season though....especially with possibility of lottery pick coming in.
          If Casey stays, that lottery pick won't get any playing time.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
            Yo A.I....Don't know if I should Laugh or just cry

Comment

• I haven't been on this part of the forums much lately. what is the general consensus given the new season and improved weaknesses from last season?

do most people still want to fire casey? blow it up? TANK NATION?!
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                I haven't been on this part of the forums much lately. what is the general consensus given the new season and improved weaknesses from last season?

do most people still want to fire casey? blow it up? TANK NATION?!
                Yes. No. No.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                  This is such a moronic arguement. On a winning team there is no room for a lottery pick to play. They have to be developed. That's what the dleague is for. Once they can dominate in the dleague or they master a skill that can help in the NBA they will get some playing time.

The jump between NCAA and NBA is massive. It takes time for guys to learn how to play in the NBA. Lottery pick status doesn't guarantee automatic contribution. There are decades of examples of this being the case.

This isn't a dwane Casey thing, it's an NBA thing.
                  Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                  Because its 2015

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                    This is such a moronic arguement. On a winning team there is no room for a lottery pick to play. They have to be developed. That's what the dleague is for. Once they can dominate in the dleague or they master a skill that can help in the NBA they will get some playing time.

The jump between NCAA and NBA is massive. It takes time for guys to learn how to play in the NBA. Lottery pick status doesn't guarantee automatic contribution. There are decades of examples of this being the case.

Tell that to Chicago and San Antonio.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                      Tell that to Chicago and San Antonio.
                      San Antonio is a different animal.

Chicago has been forced to due to injury and poor play or lack of options.

Of course there are always exceptions generally what I said is the case.

Who exactly should the Raptors be playing right now that they aren't?
                      Because its 2015

Comment

There is also a middle ground. Casey plays rookies significantly less than other teams.

Only 5 rookies have logged fewer total minutes played this year than Delon Wright. Powell ranks 39th - behind rookies on teams like Miami, OKC, SA and Chicago. Myles Turner on Indiana has played 1 less game than Powell but has logged more than double the minutes, despite being 3 years younger.

Last year our rookies (Bebe and Bruno) ranked 75th and 76th in minutes played. Will Cherry logged triple their minutes in the same number of games after we waived him and he signed with Cleveland.

Middle ground mate.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Powell, Wright and Bebe.

Bennett might even fall into this category.

Comment

San Antonio is a different animal.

Chicago has been forced to due to injury and poor play or lack of options.

Of course there are always exceptions generally what I said is the case.

Talent is what matters.

Not age.

Not years in the league.

Casey has a history of playing near useless vets instead of young players.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                              There is also a middle ground. Casey plays rookies significantly less than other teams.

Only 5 rookies have logged fewer total minutes played this year than Delon Wright. Powell ranks 39th - behind rookies on teams like Miami, OKC, SA and Chicago. Myles Turner on Indiana has played 1 less game than Powell but has logged more than double the minutes, despite being 3 years younger.

Last year our rookies (Bebe and Bruno) ranked 75th and 76th in minutes played. Will Cherry logged triple their minutes in the same number of games after we waived him and he signed with Cleveland.

Middle ground mate.
                              Miami has Justice Winslow that filled an immediate need, same with Myles Turner. Portis is an energy guy and teams can generally find a spot for those types of players (ours is Biyombo).

On the Raptors, none of the rookies we have fill an immediate hole right now and we haven't had many blow out wins.

Of course Bruno and Bebe never played last year, they weren't on the team to contribute. The lack of dleague really stifled their growth last year.

Powell got run when there were injuries and guys (TRoss) weren't performing. They are now, so who do you sit?

You can't just look at the minutes other rookies get, you have to look at the situation the team is in when they do play. Is it a blow out? Does the rookie fill a position or a role that is other wise missing on the team? Are there injuries? Are starters or rotation players not performing? What is the mid term status of rotational players in terms of contracts and where do the teams rookies fit in?
                              Because its 2015

Comment

Powell got run when there were injuries and guys (TRoss) weren't performing. They are now, so who do you sit?

You can't just look at the minutes other rookies get, you have to look at the situation the team is in when they do play. Is it a blow out? Does the rookie fill a position or a role that is other wise missing on the team? Are there injuries? Are starters or rotation players not performing? What is the mid term status of rotational players in terms of contracts and where do the teams rookies fit in?
                                There is a history of it, so I can look at total minutes. All those circumstances never existed in your mind?

Our bench has been awful this season. But yeah, no chance to play any of the young guys. Sheesh. We have two defensive rookies. They aren't going to be liabilities out there on D, so you get them some burn, they develop more and perhaps they help shore of that bench unit as the season progresses.

Comment

Working...
                                X