#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Very much so. Every other beat writer at the press conference came away with a 50/50 or worse chance Casey is back.
    After the Washington sweep, many beat writers wrote that Casey was as good as gone. I've never had the feeling that they have a decent sense for what's going to happen.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      After the Washington sweep, many beat writers wrote that Casey was as good as gone. I've never had the feeling that they have a decent sense for what's going to happen.
      True. But that goes for Grange too. I think we are solidly in "no idea" territory right now.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
        True. But that goes for Grange too. I think we are solidly in "no idea" territory right now.
        Based on the way Masai spoke, I'd say Casey's back. And if there's an extended in-season swoon or a dis-spiriting playoff performance next year, then he's gone.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
          Based on the way Masai spoke, I'd say Casey's back. And if there's an extended in-season swoon or a dis-spiriting playoff performance next year, then he's gone.
          I think Casey is back, too, not because of anything Masai said (if anything his speech was the clearest indicator of big change we've ever had), but because he just got an extension, Masai has stuck by him through worse (Washington), and Masai really does value continuity and loyalty.

I think moving on from Casey could be the right move, but I'd be surprised if it happened before mid-next-season.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I honestly don't know if I can watch next season if this guy returns. The 905 will have to fill my basketball needs.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
              I honestly don't know if I can watch next season if this guy returns. The 905 will have to fill my basketball needs.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
              I cannot. If Casey is back next year, I'll be cheering against the Raps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Seems like that is just Grange's interpretation of Masai's comments the other day and not really reporting anything definitive. Still holding out hope.
                This followed up that tweet, I agree the article doesn't sound as explicit as he says it here:

"We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                  This followed up that tweet, I agree the article doesn't sound as explicit as he says it here:

Yeah I saw that; seems that Grange is taking a hard line quite unnecessarily. Absolutely no shame in admitting that you don't know what Masai is thinking because nobody has been able to. Grange is setting himself up for no reason here.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Are people here seriously suggesting they will no longer watch the Raps and will even actively cheer against them if a coach isn't fired? That doesn't seem unhinged at all....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Are people here seriously suggesting they will no longer watch the Raps and will even actively cheer against them if a coach isn't fired? That doesn't seem unhinged at all....
                      The mob wants blood.. I mean I'm not here to tell people how to be fans, but I think one primary feature to being a fan is to, ya know, support the team...

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
                        The mob wants blood.. I mean I'm not here to tell people how to be fans, but I think one primary feature to being a fan is to, ya know, support the team...
                        Why subject yourself to more disappointment if you do not agree with the direction a team is heading? I mean I'm not about to root against them but definitely wouldn't be watching or going to games as frequently as I have for the past 15+ years (excluding the Bargnani era years..ugh).

It's not so much the losing I don't like, I just have a distaste for Lowry, Derozan, and Casey's actions. As long as Masai perpetuates this cycle I'm not going to waste time or money.
                        Last edited by Deems; Wed May 10, 2017, 01:39 PM.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                          Why subject yourself to more disappointment if you do not agree with the direction a team is heading? I mean I'm not about to root against them but definitely wouldn't be watching or going to games as frequently as I have for the past 15+ years (excluding the Bargnani era years..ugh).

It's not so much the losing I don't like, I just have a distaste for Lowry, Derozan, and Casey's actions. As long as Masai perpetuates this cycle I'm not going to waste time or money.
                          Sure, don't spend money. I can't not watch the raptors. If I could...I sure as hell wouldn't be on this Web page right now
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                            Are people here seriously suggesting they will no longer watch the Raps and will even actively cheer against them if a coach isn't fired? That doesn't seem unhinged at all....
                            Especially for a team that has just won over 50 games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since...ever. Then, this season ended exactly how most of us expected it would - losing to the Cavs.

I know the gut-reaction is to fire the coach, but shouldn't we be thankful that Masai values patience over gut reactions?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Especially for a team that has just won over 50 games in back-to-back seasons for the first time since...ever. Then, this season ended exactly how most of us expected it would - losing to the Cavs.

I know the gut-reaction is to fire the coach, but shouldn't we be thankful that Masai values patience over gut reactions?
                              Again, not so much the losing and winning; more so the way they lose, win and carry themselves.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post

That approach is flawed because there is a wait list for season tickets. A more strategic approach may to enlist SSH's to write letters of complaint to MU.

Comment

Working...
                                X