#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    I could have sworn I saw plenty of pick and pops between Demar and Ibaka...
    Early on yes, but the pick and pops kind of died down as the season went on.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      I think Stack only has one year of coaching as an assistant and one year coaching a D-League team under his belt. He did well in the D-League, but it's basically like coaching a college team where the coach has the fate of the player in his hands. It's not difficult to get players to put a good effort in. Just seems a bit green to take over as a head coach to me, but if they blow up the roster then it makes sense. Don't think that will happen though.
      Jason Kidd had zero coaching experience, went straight from player to head coach. As long as it's someone the players will listen to, you get great assistant coaches to draw up the game plans and run practice.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        Early on yes, but the pick and pops kind of died down as the season went on.
        I was thinking more against the Cavs, where they would double hard and Ibaka would pop out.

Comment

• Jose Calderone could coach this bunch

Comment

• Based on Masai's presser; Casey is gone.

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Stackhouse took our systems and adapted/implemented them as a very modern, high octane offense at the d-league level. Seems like it would be an easy transition and potentially a draw for Kyle.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                Stackhouse took our systems and adapted/implemented them as a very modern, high octane offense at the d-league level. Seems like it would be an easy transition and potentially a draw for Kyle.
                At the same time, the plays are pretty similar to what we already run. If we go the rebuilding route, sure, call up Stack and let him try out his own stuff.

But if they are going for a change of style, I doubt Stack is the way they go - there's no body of work that's not just a tweak to what we already do.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• No coach has ever gone from D league head to NBA head coach.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    No coach has ever gone from D league head to NBA head coach.

As others have mentioned, Kidd had even less coaching experience than Stack, yet he got a gig.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      As others have mentioned, Kidd had even less coaching experience than Stack, yet he got a gig.
                      Kid was a hall fame PG. Being a PG pretty much being a coach on the floor. Also Kidd had so much history with the Nets as a player. He is probably the best player in that franchise. I only think Stack if they rebuild. Not if they if retool. If its anyone on Casey's staff. It would be Nick Nurse.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If Masai is going to fire Casey it will be within the next couple weeks. I'm guessing he would want his coach's input on who to draft. If Casey is seen in Chicago during the combine than that would be some serious bad news for #FireCasey clan.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          No coach has ever gone from D league head to NBA head coach.

So? Sports is all about being the first to do something.

The d league also wasn't maintained or taken seriously until the last couple years
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            That's priceless.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Jason Kidd had zero coaching experience, went straight from player to head coach. As long as it's someone the players will listen to, you get great assistant coaches to draw up the game plans and run practice.
                              Stack had credibility. That means a lot. Stack has been through all KL has. He could stand up to KL if need be. Messina or Blatt could have better coach philosophies and strategies but if KL and DD don't buy in it doesn't matter.

Comment

• It's not happening, and I'm OK with that. I wanted him gone after the Milwaukee series, but I'm cool with seeing this play itself out.

In no particular order:
                                • Casey has finally, utterly seen, there is no rock to pound. Or effort to give, that will allow this type of offense to win him a title.
                                • Demar and Kyle have to finally have seen the utter futility in ride or die. Demars presser firmly explained that.
                                • Masai has dropped the hammer on this style of play. And its culture.

Casey is coaching for his career. Not his job anymore. The NBA has very clearly moved on from ISOball. Either he shows he can move with it, or he'll never be a head coach again. That's plenty of motivation for a 'culture change'

Comment

Working...
                                X