#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GLF wrote: View Post
    So would you resign everyone, go into the tax and give Casey another chance with a supposedly changed system? I want to here what you would like us to do because all I see is this team being fucked. And this is with Casey as the coach because Masai pretty much confirmed Casey is staying.
    I would re-sign Lowry, Ibaka and Tucker (sadly, Patterson will have to go - mostly because of the money crunch but Casey obviously won't use him right anyway so it matters little). I would find a way to shed Joseph and Carroll, even if it cost the 1st this year and one of the lesser prospects (say, Nogueira, Bruno or Siakam). That would bring the team under the tax and keep most of the best pieces from this year's best-ever Raptors squad.

Personally I'd get a new coach, but maybe Casey really can run out an entirely different system. If not, and the whole thing falls apart, you try a new coach a mid-season, see if the results change. And if that doesn't seem to be helping, at least you've got pieces to sell to start your rebuild. Lowry, Ibaka and DeRozan would all fetch a decent price, I would think, and Tucker could be worth something.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      We need to retire the term treadmill. Durant-Westbrook-Ibaka era Thunder was essentially a high end treadmill. Never met expectations of winning the big one. Luxury car, yes. But treadmill, nonetheless.
      That Thunder team wasn't a treadmill team because they had a legitimate chance to win a title.

One of your defining treadmill teams would be the Joe Johnson Hawks - always in the playoffs, but never a rational hope of winning it all.
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• That Thunder team was a true Contender, but they never won, and that's fine.
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          We need to retire the term treadmill. Durant-Westbrook-Ibaka era Thunder was essentially a high end treadmill. Never met expectations of winning the big one. Luxury car, yes. But treadmill, nonetheless.
          Completely disagree. That OKC roster had more than enough talent to win multiple titles.

IMO, if you reach the NBA finals, you're excluded from being labelled a treadmill.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
            I can think of 4 teams that were able to accomplish their goal of rebuilding through the draft and winning championship.

Bulls - Jordan
            Cavs - LBJ
            Spurs - Duncan
            Warriors - Curry
            And the most recent Spurs title team was led by a mid first round pick and a late first round pick.
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Comment

I can think of 4 teams that were able to accomplish their goal of rebuilding through the draft and winning championship.

Bulls - Jordan
                Cavs - LBJ
                Spurs - Duncan
                Warriors - Curry

That I believe is it for two decades of basketball. So, yeah...I'll take my chances with treadmilling in the hopes we can pull of a big trade. We've got a great GM, so lets see what else he can do with this roster. I'm not so eager to be Charlotte, Minni, Philli, type team for the next 10 years.
                Not an exhaustive list. Besides, you should also include teams that have reached the finals too. That's really all we're hoping for. Drafting talent that's capable of giving us a shot at a ring.

Heat - Wade
                Thunder - Durant/Westbrook/Harden
                Magic - Shaq/Penny
                Rockets - Olajuwan
                Sonics - Payton/Kemp
                Knicks - Ewing
                76ers - Iverson

Comment

• Can't say im surprised
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                    And the most recent Spurs title team was led by a mid first round pick and a late first round pick.
                    And was led by the greatest "pop"pet master of all time.

Comment

• TBH, we didn't draft Lowry, Ibaka or Tucker.

We still have draftees JV & DD on this team. TBH, if the right coach was brought in, could a team built around those two guy's strengths not compete? I think it could. We really need to get JV the ball more & not shy away from him. The guy can easily give you 15 & 10 every night.
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                        Not an exhaustive list. Besides, you should also include teams that have reached the finals too. That's really all we're hoping for. Drafting talent that's capable of giving us a shot at a ring.

Heat - Wade
                        Thunder - Durant/Westbrook/Harden
                        Magic - Shaq/Penny
                        Rockets - Olajuwan
                        Sonics - Payton/Kemp
                        Knicks - Ewing
                        76ers - Iverson
                        Just goes to show how hard it is to build through the draft. The ratio of success to failures is pretty lopsided. I want to see what moves Masai has left before giving up on this core.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                          TBH, we didn't draft Lowry, Ibaka or Tucker.

We still have draftees JV & DD on this team. TBH, if the right coach was brought in, could a team built around those two guy's strengths not compete? I think it could. We really need to get JV the ball more & not shy away from him. The guy can easily give you 15 & 10 every night.
                          In my opinion no, and I say that without hesitation. Lowry is the difference maker on this roster.

Comment

Just goes to show how hard it is to build through the draft. The ratio of success to failures is pretty lopsided. I want to see what moves Masai has left before giving up on this core.
                            I'm only advocating blowing it up if Lowry walks.

I wouldn't have patience for keeping the same team/coach, while replacing Lowry with, say, Tyreke Evans, just to see how we do. I already know the answer.

Comment

Compete for what? For 8th seed? maybe. But not Top 4 in Conference. JV & DD both don't play defense. You put both of them in pick and roll and you score everytime.
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

How does JV averaging 15 & 10 help us defensively? That's the question....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X