#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slaw wrote: View Post
    I had beers last Friday with two guys in management at MLSE. Based on the glowing terms they used when they were talking about the management of all of the sports teams, I am 100% confident that Ujiri has nothing to worry about..... they love the guy.
    As they and everyone should. He has completely turned this franchise around. Did he make some mistakes? Sure, but his positives far outweigh his negatives.

Comment

• Does anyone actually think MU's job is in danger?

Casey on the other hand...what have you heard about him Slaw?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Does anyone actually think MU's job is in danger?

Casey on the other hand...what have you heard about him Slaw?
        Nothing. My old buddy who used to be close to the sports teams left for family/personal reasons around the time Leiweke came in, so since then I hear nothing about the teams. The guys I know there now are on the finance/corporate side of things, so they have no knowledge of the day-to-day stuff on the sports side and they don't really talk about it (one of the guys doesn't even like sports). Only reason sports came up in the conversation was cause of the Raps game was the night before and they started going off about it was nice that the sports divisions now had such good management teams.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
          Does anyone actually think MU's job is in danger?
          No. Who do they replace him with?

Comment

• Count down is on..he got 2 go...
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
              Do you honestly think MLSE would even question Masai??

Before Masai, do you remember where we were?

My guess is that MLSE is happy just making the playoffs compared to the past years of garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              special1 wrote: View Post
              Again, I think you have completely lost perspective.

Masai didn't fail at anything and has nothing to explain to MLSE. His job is in no way of being in Jeopardy and he would likely get offers within the first day, if he was fired.

If anything, MLSE wouldn't want to piss him off and would likely trust in him, as we all do, until the team crumbles and/or the team stops making the playoffs.

There would be an outrage among fans, if they were to ever fire Masai.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              S.R. wrote: View Post
              The manner in which they're losing this round sucks, but I doubt losing to the defending champions led by a GOAT-calibre player is really lacking as an excuse.

I hope there are changes. I don't really want most of the band back then fingers crossed for something synergistically magical to happen next time around...
              Guys, I'm not suggesting that MU's job is on the line. But he built the team, extended the coach and we just failed to take a single game off CLE. Yeah, LBJ is great...so where do we go from here? You think MU's bosses aren't thinking these things given our cap situation and with 4 unrestricted FA's, all important pieces, to consider resigning this summer. Do you think MLSE will blindly give the go ahead to bring this team back given the results of this postseason?

MU isn't getting fired anytime soon, but if he doesn't make the right decisions in the summer, then it might be strike one. And the decisions to be made are tough ones. Cause I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks we should have done better against the Cavs. So what's the excuse...didn't have the right players or the right coach, or both? Keep the coach and resign these guys and trade these guys and maybe we can be more competitive? Keep all the players and get a new coach? Tell coach to come up with a better system? Keep the status quo?

Ultimately, MLSE could be on the hook for some huge bills if MU intends to bring this team back (or most of it anyways). Will just making the playoffs and selling out regular season games be enough to warrant that. If your gonna pay tax, you gotta be able to hang with the big boys, to paraphrase MU himself.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Guys, I'm not suggesting that MU's job is on the line. But he built the team, extended the coach and we just failed to take a single game off CLE. Yeah, LBJ is great...so where do we go from here? You think MU's bosses aren't thinking these things given our cap situation and with 4 unrestricted FA's, all important pieces, to consider resigning this summer. Do you think MLSE will blindly give the go ahead to bring this team back given the results of this postseason?

MU isn't getting fired anytime soon, but if he doesn't make the right decisions in the summer, then it might be strike one. And the decisions to be made are tough ones. Cause I'm sure I'm not the only person who thinks we should have done better against the Cavs. So what's the excuse...didn't have the right players or the right coach, or both? Keep the coach and resign these guys and trade these guys and maybe we can be more competitive? Keep all the players and get a new coach? Tell coach to come up with a better system? Keep the status quo?

Ultimately, MLSE could be on the hook for some huge bills if MU intends to bring this team back (or most of it anyways). Will just making the playoffs and selling out regular season games be enough to warrant that. If your gonna pay tax, you gotta be able to hang with the big boys, to paraphrase MU himself.
                MU did everything he can to prepare this team for LeBron (Ibaka and PJ).
                It's not his fault Kyle went down.
                It's not his fault LeBron is playing great again.

MLSE will be foolish to let him go.
                And Masai will not be jobless for even a week.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                  I had beers last Friday with two guys in management at MLSE. Based on the glowing terms they used when they were talking about the management of all of the sports teams, I am 100% confident that Ujiri has nothing to worry about..... they love the guy.
                  Masai is an outstanding GM. I've been perpelexed about his loyalty to Casey but overall highly highly impressed. If he doesn't fire Casey this offseason I might feel differently but right now I hope he has a job for life in Toronto. We're very lucky to have him.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                    Masai is an outstanding GM. I've been perpelexed about his loyalty to Casey but overall highly highly impressed. If he doesn't fire Casey this offseason I might feel differently but right now I hope he has a job for life in Toronto. We're very lucky to have him.
                    He values loyalty... I'm not sure why people are perplexed over him keeping Casey. I don't think he's ever fired a coach, even George Karl resigned AFTER Masai left the Nuggets for us.

It may be somewhat of a shortcoming, it's not a horrible weakness, but it's one that can be played with a little bit if the piece (or coach) is just good enough - or is getting some good results - as in Casey's situation.

Comment

• Comment

• Jack Armstrong took a subtle shot at Casey wondering why Tucker wasn't starting since game 1 of this series.

The biggest knock on Casey was his slow adjustments, which were on full display over the past month. Did he really need 9 playoff games to realize that Tucker puts up more resistance than Carroll?

Comment

• I love Jack. He holds back a little because he's smart but he gives you a dose of reality every game. He should call all 82 games and the playoffs from now until he wants to give it up.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Jack Armstrong took a subtle shot at Casey wondering why Tucker wasn't starting since game 1 of this series.

The biggest knock on Casey was his slow adjustments, which were on full display over the past month. Did he really need 9 playoff games to realize that Tucker puts up more resistance than Carroll?
                            That Tucker should be starting was obvious after the 1 week of Tucker in the regular season. Masai blew valuable assets on a short-term rental of a Lebron-stopper (ok... Lebron slower, lol), and you don't even use him in the short-term? smh. That would have been easy to justify.

The only possible explanation was to try to keep the perception that Carroll is still a starter in this league, but the playoffs always expose every little flaw and weakness, so starting Carroll against Giannis and Lebron ended up backfiring anyway.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I love Jack. He holds back a little because he's smart but he gives you a dose of reality every game. He should call all 82 games and the playoffs from now until he wants to give it up.
                              We just need to convince someone to take a bat to Leo's vocal chords. Where is Tanya Harding when you need her?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Jack Armstrong took a subtle shot at Casey wondering why Tucker wasn't starting since game 1 of this series.

This was so glaringly obvious. But Casey is Casey. We all knew who he was.

Comment

Working...
                                X