#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    6-4 without Lowry since the break. 7-4 overall this season.

Like how you guys try to find narratives of why Masai keeps Casey. When it's pretty obvious that he believes in him. Instead of pointing the finger at Casey how about the guy who keeps bringing him back

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    D.C. is MU's guy period.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
      D.C. is MU's guy period.
      So long as he produces. Which is the way it should be.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
        Precisely. Leads me to believe there's more than a little fallacious thinking* going on. If Lowry hadn't gone down we'd be looking at another year of improved record while pushing the Cavs for #1 in the East. Another example is that Casey gets next to no zero credit for developing and getting production out of the youth at the end of the roster - Powell, Poeltl, Bebe, and Siakim have all played their role.

*If you're down in the details, though it's where coaches operate and therefore a "logical" perspective for fans to look from, every coach is going to confirm your bias that they are fatally flawed. Coaching and development are a long-term play, or should be, any honest evaluation has to take the big picture into account.
        this team started to slide WHILE lowry was still playing. as for development? i have no idea what you're talking about. the only reason there was any 'development' was because there were huge holes in the roster at backup center and PF, giving minutes to bebe and siakim by default. siakim has basically fallen off a cliff and bebe doesnt even play anymore. to call that 'developing' is weird. poetl gets extended run whenever the normal lineups completely fail and casey has no other choice (at least in his mind) but to just dump random lineups into the 4th, hoping for a miraculous comeback.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
          this team started to slide WHILE lowry was still playing. as for development? i have no idea what you're talking about. the only reason there was any 'development' was because there were huge holes in the roster at backup center and PF, giving minutes to bebe and siakim by default. siakim has basically fallen off a cliff and bebe doesnt even play anymore. to call that 'developing' is weird. poetl gets extended run whenever the normal lineups completely fail and casey has no other choice (at least in his mind) but to just dump random lineups into the 4th, hoping for a miraculous comeback.
          Getting contributing minutes in the NBA (or the D-league for that matter) should be considered "development". Siakim or Bebe would produce if called upon in a pinch (he dominated for the 905 yesterday and today). Regardless, you basically reiterated my main points - 1) Casey has been forced to play with some very young, inexperienced players in key roles, and 2) He doesn't get any credit for it.
          Last edited by SkywalkerAC; Tue Mar 14, 2017, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
            this team started to slide WHILE lowry was still playing.
            The team started to slide while Lowry was healthy, but DeMar and Pat were not, and this was pre-Ibaka/Tucker.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              The team started to slide while Lowry was healthy, but DeMar and Pat were not, and this was pre-Ibaka/Tucker.
              Bold just shows that once again Masai has been able to improve the team with moves while Casey doesn't really seem to stop the bleeding. Team is good. Masai is good. Casey is not. That's what the record says to me.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                Bold just shows that once again Masai has been able to improve the team with moves while Casey doesn't really seem to stop the bleeding. Team is good. Masai is good. Casey is not. That's what the record says to me.
                That bold is all you needed to say. The truth is, a change in the offensive system is needed to get everyone involved and hopefully allow our streaky shooters to actually make 3's, be they open or contested. We also need to stop making our other guards play like Demar does. Driving can work, but our usage of it needs to be toned down. I find when we slow it down and get whoever is playing C involved, we play better. This whole up-tempo thing Casey likes to do at times is a huge no unless Demar is on the court and even then it should be used sparingly with him. Demar shouldn't just be used as a ISO player, but also as a slasher/cutter to the basket. This would allow him easier makes and more shots around 15 feet instead of 20 to 25 feet.

On the defensive end, we seem to be getting stronger and have regained focus (Thanks in no part to Tucker & Ibaka being strong voices in the locker room). But we need to close out on the perimeter more. How many times have we seen teams torch us from deep?
                Axel wrote:
                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                KeonClark wrote:
                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                KeonClark wrote:
                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                  The thing is, Casey is not overly bad, either. I think "mediocre" was the term used by a Casey supporter few pages back, which is probably the most accurate description.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    The thing is, Casey is not overly bad, either. I think "mediocre" was the term used by a Casey supporter few pages back, which is probably the most accurate description.
                    Yes but mediocre is below good. Our record is good and it's for the reasons previously stated.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I think Casey is the transitional coach needed to bring a bad team into competitiveness. But we're in the same situation as GSW was a couple years ago, where we've developed a good culture and have strong character guys, that we don't need a people's coach anymore. We need a proper strategist as our head coach who can develop and use our team to the fullest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        I think Casey is the transitional coach needed to bring a bad team into competitiveness. But we're in the same situation as GSW was a couple years ago, where we've developed a good culture and have strong character guys, that we don't need a people's coach anymore. We need a proper strategist as our head coach who can develop and use our team to the fullest.

The thing is, who is out there that we could get?

Honestly, I'd only want JVG at this point.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                          The thing is, who is out there that we could get?

Honestly, I'd only want JVG at this point.

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                            I think Casey is the transitional coach needed to bring a bad team into competitiveness. But we're in the same situation as GSW was a couple years ago, where we've developed a good culture and have strong character guys, that we don't need a people's coach anymore. We need a proper strategist as our head coach who can develop and use our team to the fullest.

We need our Steve Kerr.

Comment

• Does this mean you feel that our roster is now the calibre of a contender?

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Does this mean you feel that our roster is now the calibre of a contender?
                                Yeah, I mean, Casey is coaching this team at arguably an ECF level 3 years in a row now -- all with some pretty key injuries and a really raw roster, both in terms of average age and guys with playoff experience. And with a 1b in Derozan who has been on a gradual climb to the elite level he's at this year (ie. he wasn't that good until now).

So unless you think that this roster already has all the talent and players it needs to beat GSW or CLE, then I guess you could argue Casey is holding them back. I don't think most people here would say we have a good enough roster 1-9 to beat those teams yet, so you can argue whether or not Casey is costing them a game or two here or there with his rotations, but it's awfully hard to peg him as a poor coach, generally speaking, who is holding this team back from greater success.
                                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Working...
                                X