#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axel wrote: View Post
    Surprised this thread hasn't blown up more after game 1 was Exhibit A in everything #firecasey

Moronic matchups (using Hans to guard Pierce while JJ DNP-CD).
    Terrible sub patterns (JV sits while we ride Patterson too much).
    Bizarre 3 guard lineups while none of them are producing.
    Stubborn post game comments.
    Zero adjustments in game.

One thing I can't quite understand is why Casey thinks small ball means more guards when most teams it means smaller PF. Small ball wouldn't be such a bad word around here if it just meant JJ at PF with KL, DD, TR and JV/Amir.
    There's was also a lineup of Lowry, Vasquez, Lou, DeRozan and JV on the court at a certain point in the 2nd half ... I was baffled
    Last edited by Bourgozie; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Once Thibs is out of Chicago, he should come to TO. Yes, the defensive intensity of Chicago may have fallen off a bit but they're still up there. Thibs is a smarter coach IMHO.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• DogeLover1234 wrote: View Post
        His reason for not putting JJ in at all durring the game was that the perimeter guyys were playing well so he couldnt decide who to take out?? Except for a 5 minute stretch where lou and gv hit shots they all played like sh*t. Also they didnt need help against wall and beal, wtf man. I dont understand that guy...
        My thoughts exactly. Casey just loves his guards - it doesn't matter how they're actually playing.

I'm so tired of "small ball." Fuck small ball. Memphis has had a damn good team playing two legit bigs 30 minutes a night. The Clippers just slaughtered the Spurs - Blake Griffin played 43 minutes and Deandre Jordan played 38. Meanwhile the Raptors' most efficient bigs sit on the bench so Casey can give extended minutes to guards shooting 25% who can't rebound.
        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I don't recall Casey being this dumb last year. What happened?

It's a pretty helpless feeling with 20,000 fans inside the arena, plus millions of fans elsewhere, know Johnson should be in the game, but Casey has him shackled.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
            Surprised this thread hasn't blown up more after game 1 was Exhibit A in everything #firecasey

Moronic matchups (using Hans to guard Pierce while JJ DNP-CD).
            Terrible sub patterns (JV sits while we ride Patterson too much).
            Bizarre 3 guard lineups while none of them are producing.
            Stubborn post game comments.
            Zero adjustments in game.

One thing I can't quite understand is why Casey thinks small ball means more guards when most teams it means smaller PF. Small ball wouldn't be such a bad word around here if it just meant JJ at PF with KL, DD, TR and JV/Amir.
            The turning point of game #1 was when DC had Amir & Hansbrough guarding Gortat & Pierce. They're both too slow to guard PP and too small/short to guard/out-rebound Gortat. Raps got killed, momentum swung, crowd went silent. I applaud the comeback, but that stretch was the difference maker. I was screaming and begging for JV & JJ...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              The turning point of game #1 was when DC had Amir & Hansbrough guarding Gortat & Pierce. They're both too slow to guard PP and too small/short to guard/out-rebound Gortat. Raps got killed, momentum swung, crowd went silent. I applaud the comeback, but that stretch was the difference maker. I was screaming and begging for JV & JJ...
              What doesn't make sense is not playing JJ because ostensibly they need a shooter who can stretch the floor - yet he's been finding minutes for TH lately (no knock on TH). Let's also take a moment to remember that the Raps' stretch four, PP, has been shooting about 30% from 3 since January.
              "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                What doesn't make sense is not playing JJ because ostensibly they need a shooter who can stretch the floor - yet he's been finding minutes for TH lately (no knock on TH). Let's also take a moment to remember that the Raps' stretch four, PP, has been shooting about 30% from 3 since January.
                Right, but at least PP is a threat to hit the 3. Regardless of his slump, a defender will not sag off of him at the 3 point line. With JJ, they will give him space every time. I agree with your first point. TH played 16 minutes, starting the game as our PF. TH has played admirably last few weeks, but he is a third stringer. For the rest of the series, we should have JJ & JV starting at the 4 & 5 with PP and AJ coming off the bench as our 4 & 5.

Comment

• One of my criticisms of Casey is that he has no/very little "feel" for the game as it unfolds. And he coaches in the playoffs as if it were a regular season game. This is a series with ebbs & flows and much of it orchestrated by coaching. For example, did DC visualize or gameplan/think of substitution patterns in case Paul Pierce were inserted as a 4? It's like he gets frozen by his pre-planned substitutions/rotations come what may.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                    One of my criticisms of Casey is that he has no/very little "feel" for the game as it unfolds. And he coaches in the playoffs as if it were a regular season game. This is a series with ebbs & flows and much of it orchestrated by coaching. For example, did DC visualize or gameplan/think of substitution patterns in case Paul Pierce were inserted as a 4? It's like he gets frozen by his pre-planned substitutions/rotations come what may.
                    Casey has his game plan that he makes before the game and will NEVER under any circumstance go away from it. That's why he see him taking out guys who are hot and playing the cold players extended minutes.
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      One of my criticisms of Casey is that he has no/very little "feel" for the game as it unfolds. And he coaches in the playoffs as if it were a regular season game. This is a series with ebbs & flows and much of it orchestrated by coaching. For example, did DC visualize or gameplan/think of substitution patterns in case Paul Pierce were inserted as a 4? It's like he gets frozen by his pre-planned substitutions/rotations come what may.
                      How does a guy go through 30+ years of coaching without the ability to read a game from one minute to the next. I'm lost for words.

Comment

• The most likely scenario is that he has a personal issue with Johnson. I don't want to believe that it is a basketball decision. JJ seems like a player that would thrive in Casey's defensive, small ball "system". JJ probably spoke his mind a few months ago and Casey has been gunning for him ever since... I don't want to believe otherwise.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                          I look at the players' stats and consider DC's comments, then get thoroughly confused.

SEASON STATS (FG/3p)
                          Lou - 40% / 34%
                          GV - 41% / 38%
                          Ross - 41% / 37%
                          Lowry - 41% / 34%
                          DD - 41% / 28%
                          PP - 45% / 37%

AVERAGE - 41% / 35%

When the team's top 6 shooters connect at a combined 41%/35% clip, how exactly is any shot one "they usually make"?

I really hope they come out in game #2 and attack the basket, both by involving their bigs and off the dribble. Get better looks, have more guys around the basket for offensive rebounds, get the foul line, get Washington players in foul trouble, and create more open looks from 3pt range later on in the game.

When Gortat & Pierce picked up 2 early fouls each, I figured for sure that the Raps would look to exploit those matchups... but then I remembered that DC was the coach, and he played right into Washington's hands.
                          Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Mon Apr 20, 2015, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Did anyone hear what he said after the game????

I did live on 1050. Made me so angry, almost threw my radio.
                            Axel wrote:
                            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                            KeonClark wrote:
                            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                              The most likely scenario is that he has a personal issue with Johnson. I don't want to believe that it is a basketball decision. JJ seems like a player that would thrive in Casey's defensive, small ball "system". JJ probably spoke his mind a few months ago and Casey has been gunning for him ever since... I don't want to believe otherwise.
                              The only possible "basketball reason" for not trying JJ against Pierce at some point might be that Pierce is still a master at drawing fouls through pump fakes, and JJ is notoriously jumpy and easy to get off his feet.

But if you can't use JJ against Pierce, then what's the point of having JJ on your roster in the first place?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                I don't recall Casey being this dumb last year. What happened?

It's a pretty helpless feeling with 20,000 fans inside the arena, plus millions of fans elsewhere, know Johnson should be in the game, but Casey has him shackled.
                                I remember Casey being this stupid last year, just not this stupid every game

Cody73 wrote: View Post
                                Did anyone hear what he said after the game????

I did live on 1050. Made me so angry, almost threw my radio.
                                Do share

Comment

Working...
                                X