#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    SVG has Masai's job with the Pistons, plus is the coach. You think he trades himself for a 2nd round pick and gives up his control over personnel?
    What if we also throw in Michelle Carter's parking spot? Who says no to that?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I think that went out in the Bargnani deal. Only way I can explain it happening.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

SVG has Masai's job with the Pistons, plus is the coach. You think he trades himself for a 2nd round pick and gives up his control over personnel?
        I'm kind of skeptical of those dual Executive/Coach roles, like SVG & Thibs. First of all, great coaches don't always make great senior execs (hello, Phil Jackson). Secondly, it dilutes your focus.

But it also creates potential real or perceived conflict of interest between the player and the coach. For example, if a good player is in the last year of his contract and the coach is keeping down his minutes, or playing a system that doesn't suit his strengths to artificially depress his market value. As a player, having one guy have that much power over your earning potential and career could lead to a sense of mistrust. Even if that wasn't the case, you could imagine a player or agent thinking that way.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          I'm kind of skeptical of those dual Executive/Coach roles, like SVG & Thibs. First of all, great coaches don't always make great senior execs (hello, Phil Jackson). Secondly, it dilutes your focus.

But it also creates potential real or perceived conflict of interest between the player and the coach. For example, if a good player is in the last year of his contract and the coach is keeping down his minutes, or playing a system that doesn't suit his strengths to artificially depress his market value. As a player, having one guy have that much power over your earning potential and career could lead to a sense of mistrust. Even if that wasn't the case, you could imagine a player or agent thinking that way.
          I agree, separation of church and state and all that. But with elite coaches demanding it (stemming obviously from clashes between coaching and management in various places), I doubt the practice is going away anytime soon. I'm certainly glad we have two guys in Casey and Masai who stay out of each other's way, and work towards the same goal in tandem.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            Parking in downtown Toronto is a challenge, that spot would be pretty valuable.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
              Trade second round pick to Pistons for SVG. SVG could lead us to the finals. He has a backbone holds superstars accountable even to his own personal detriment.
              Considering the angst in the rookie thread about picking Siakam over Skal, I shudder to think how we'd react if we picked Stanley Johnson over Justice Winslow like SVG did, especially since that was a much higher pick and disliked by most experts.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post

Agree completely. One challenge with replacing Casey is that a lot of proven coaches want to be GM or president as well, forcing Masai out. If you go back far enough in this thread lots of people were wanting George Karl, who upon getting hired as coach in Sac-town tried to trade Cousins behind the GM's back. Despite Casey's faults as a technician he largely gets along with his players and stays out of the weeds on personnel decisions. My impression is that he and Masai are also largely on the same page in terms of style of play: long players, positionless basketball where everyone can shoot the 3 and switch at will on any pick n roll combo.

I agree completely on Caseys's faults. I'd prefer he not draw up inbounds plays on the wrong side of the court. But what if he's replaced by someone that turns Lowry back to Houston Lowry and tries to get MU fired.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  Trade second round pick to Pistons for SVG. SVG could lead us to the finals. He has a backbone holds superstars accountable even to his own personal detriment.
                  Not just to his own personal detriment, but to that of the team winning as well. It's his way or the highway and I'm sure that would go over well with Lowry whose basically been the primary reason for enjoying the best years in Raptors history.

Comment

• 97 points against through 3 quarters - whelp.
                    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

If he believe in Masai it could be ideal. These guys that have full control often don't work out as planed . Ask the Clippers.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                        Not just to his own personal detriment, but to that of the team winning as well. It's his way or the highway and I'm sure that would go over well with Lowry whose basically been the primary reason for enjoying the best years in Raptors history.
                        If you someone going to Pistons game Friday get a sigh asking SVG to meet with MU.

Comment

• [QUOTE=psrs1;733489]If you know someone going to Pistons game Friday get a sign asking SVG to meet with

Comment

• there are just far too many games like tonight with Dwane Casey. no focus, no energy, seemingly no strategy whatsoever to deal with anything.

Comment

• [QUOTE=psrs1;733490]
                              psrs1 wrote: View Post
                              If you know someone going to Pistons game Friday get a sign asking SVG to meet with
                              With MU

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                there are just far too many games like tonight with Dwane Casey. no focus, no energy, seemingly no strategy whatsoever to deal with anything.
                                This is his "calling card"! If the team isn't playing hard for him anymore what is he providing?

Comment

Working...
                                X