No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The rotations in the late 3rd early 4th alone are a fireable offence. Just amateur hour out there in a fricking playoff game.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Am I the only one who thinks this is the best for the franchise 2 get destroyed by championship team..2 win something u have 2 be humiliated like any championship team,definitely it will open eyes from management 2 players who have endure these few years of demoralization.
      Honestly I think Coach Casey has over state his coaching for this team,he has maxed out his vacancy for this team and it's not gonna get higher than what's achievable, so in that respect I believe he should b done,this team definitely needs a new voice,it's time for change.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Gonna miss the comedy that Dwane brings.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
          If we fire Casey and resign KL will that be enough ?
          I don't know, let me check my crystal ball.

No one knows the answer, there are so many question marks:
          Was it Casey fault that our offensive system is bad?
          Is our surrounding cast so bad?
          Coach doesn't know how to involve role players?
          Or our stars players don't elevate them?
          Who else do we lose, because no way we keep everyone, even getting into luxury tax territory is dangerous.
          Does DeMar come better yet again next season?
          What if new additions bail on us and we are left with no starting PF, SF depth?

Also Casey looked broken on after game press conference (maybe just maybe, there were already talks what Raptors need to achieve against Cavs for Casey to keep his job, however I doubt it, given history of relation between Casey and Masai). Saying maybe right things, but without shade of confidence, just like Raptors playing against the Cavs.

Comment

• This game is the magnum opus for Firing Casey. It's a total indictment on his inability to build an offence that can make use of players that collectively are a top 5 defense (when in the half court).

With an All-Star on your roster. Ibaka as well. And a Center who is absolutely automatic from deep post position. You allow that 4th quarter to take place.

JV will never be a 1 or 2 option on any contending team. But when shots aren't falling for other guys. When the offence is stalling out hard. And you just need to stem the tide. The fact you don't have plays designed to get JV that deep post position. That clearly demands other guys get him the ball is inexcusable.

Kyle freaking Korver is out there making use of screens to get exactly where he needs to be to find his sweet spot and JV is out there pushing and shoving like a gorilla all on his own, to hope he maybe possibly could have others think about getting him the ball???

I love what coach Casey has done for this franchise thus far. But if you were watching this game and didn't come away realizing he's got to go - for no other reason then he's failed to have plays ready to go for when you have a MASSIVE advantage inside -
            you're wearing rose coloured glasses.

JV could have single handedly slowed that pull away by Cleveland. Instead of us missing and Cleveland doing what they do best in transition, we could have made a 2, put them in the half-court and slowed that whole game down.

Comment

• He had his chance with this roster. We need an X's and O's guy to maximize the talent on this roster. Getting swept by even Cleveland is unacceptable with this level of talent.
              Last edited by Ball; Fri May 5, 2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• he has been given every tool he needed to succeed and we've gotten worse. should have been fired years ago. too bad we wasted so much time.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                  He had his chance with this roster. We need an X's and O's guys to maximize the talent on this roster. Getting swept by even Cleveland is unacceptable with this level of talent.
                  That about sums it up doesn't it?
                  You can even say; the success we've had is because of talent - by sheer force of will - overcoming bad x's and o's. Which really says a lot about where the franchise could go with a different person at the head of it.

Comment

• Zing79 wrote: View Post
                    That about sums it up doesn't it?
                    You can even say; the success we've had is because of talent - by sheer force of will - overcoming bad x's and o's. Which really says a lot about where the franchise could go with a different person at the head of it.
                    I'm a firm believer if we had a Greg Poppovich, Steve Kerr, Quince Snyder, or even a Brad Stevens, we'd have had much better results these past few post-seasons.

Comment

• Zing79 wrote: View Post
                      This game is the magnum opus for Firing Casey. It's a total indictment on his inability to build an offence that can make use of players that collectively are a top 5 defense (when in the half court).

With an All-Star on your roster. Ibaka as well. And a Center who is absolutely automatic from deep post position. You allow that 4th quarter to take place.

JV will never be a 1 or 2 option on any contending team. But when shots aren't falling for other guys. When the offence is stalling out hard. And you just need to stem the tide. The fact you don't have plays designed to get JV that deep post position. That clearly demands other guys get him the ball is inexcusable.

Kyle freaking Korver is out there making use of screens to get exactly where he needs to be to find his sweet spot and JV is out there pushing and shoving like a gorilla all on his own, to hope he maybe possibly could have others think about getting him the ball???

I love what coach Casey has done for this franchise thus far. But if you were watching this game and didn't come away realizing he's got to go - for no other reason then he's failed to have plays ready to go for when you have a MASSIVE advantage inside -
                      you're wearing rose coloured glasses.

JV could have single handedly slowed that pull away by Cleveland. Instead of us missing and Cleveland doing what they do best in transition, we could have made a 2, put them in the half-court and slowed that whole game down.
                      Good post --many posters including myself agree with you. Casey will never beat the CAVS. Our ceiling is ECF if get right matchups in playoffs.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                        I'm a firm believer if we had a Greg Poppovich, Steve Kerr, Quince Snyder, or even a Brad Stevens, we'd have had much better results these past few post-seasons.
                        Hell it's about right coach for the right team. Look at Mike D'Antoni in Houston. He's not the right fit everywhere, but on that team, look at what he's done.

Point is the right coach could have made this series way way closer, if not winnable.

Comment

• Bump.

(It's been 4 minutes.)

Comment

• God that 4th quarter pissed me off. Get this clown out before Game 4.

Comment

• hard to believe MU will keep casey on given the roster he's built and the results so far

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                hard to believe MU will keep casey on given the roster he's built and the results so far
                                I'd hope so, but part of me can't see him canning Casey one year after extending him. I think Lowry walking is the most likely major change that we'll see.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X