No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are so fucked man. I can't even bring myself to be on this forum anymore. Boston, Cleveland, Washington and Milwaukee are all going to be better than us and then you have a team like Philly that's going to be much improved if everyone stays healthy. And it's not like we have high picks or anyway of getting a superstar or all star player so we're fucked. And we have an all star that we're most likely going to spend huge money on that doesn't show up in the playoffs majority of the time and is only getting older. Father time is undefeated. *sigh*. Oh and worst of all Casey isn't going to get fired. Masai is an idiot. I'm completely over him just for keeping Casey.
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
      We are so fucked man. I can't even bring myself to be on this forum anymore. Boston, Cleveland, Washington and Milwaukee are all going to be better than us and then you have a team like Philly that's going to be much improved if everyone stays healthy. And it's not like we have high picks or anyway of getting a superstar or all star player so we're fucked. And we have an all star that we're most likely going to spend huge money on that doesn't show up in the playoffs majority of the time and is only getting older. Father time is undefeated. *sigh*. Oh and worst of all Casey isn't going to get fired. Masai is an idiot. I'm completely over him just for keeping Casey.
      take a breath man.

although i gotta say if masai keeps casey on then i have to start questioning what he's really doing from a strategic standpoint.

Comment

We are so fucked man. I can't even bring myself to be on this forum anymore. Boston, Cleveland, Washington and Milwaukee are all going to be better than us and then you have a team like Philly that's going to be much improved if everyone stays healthy. And it's not like we have high picks or anyway of getting a superstar or all star player so we're fucked. And we have an all star that we're most likely going to spend huge money on that doesn't show up in the playoffs majority of the time and is only getting older. Father time is undefeated. *sigh*. Oh and worst of all Casey isn't going to get fired. Masai is an idiot. I'm completely over him just for keeping Casey.
        Does the G in GLF stand for Gil?

https://youtu.be/RRWAQ255qhs

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
          Does the G in GLF stand for Gil?

https://youtu.be/RRWAQ255qhs
          LMAO I guess so. But you guys can't tell me things aren't looking good for this team come next season
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

LMAO I guess so. But you guys can't tell me things aren't looking good for this team come next season
            Nothing even happened yet.
            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Things are looking good.

Never understood this innate desire to overreact before anything even happens.

Why not be positive? What's the worst that can happen?

GLF - It's always rainy and the car's gonna breakdown any moment.... just you wait. I told you so....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                I'd guess a further shakeup involving one or two of JV/Cory/Caroll, but who knows.

Everything being equal, I'd probably drop FVV and Pat and keep Tucker. Then, can we use the MLE if we start below the tax? Either way, that looks like a highly competitive, 2-way team to me. 50 wins might be a stretch, but a lot of that depends on internal development and how the team reacts to a new/redistributed offense.

I'm really not overly concerned with being capped out. We aren't going to get far enough below the cap anyways. The cap space game really does not appeal to me (why would it after Hedo, Carroll, etc).

We still have our picks and most importantly we'd have plenty of tradeable assets, which Lowry at 35 mill might not be.
                Please, do tell me, which of those contracts are more tradeable assets than Lowry at 35 million? Is it Valanciunas, a player who seemingly doesn't fit at all on any team right now? Is it de Colo, a player who is going to be overseas for two more seasons before he can realistically be signed at all? How about Carroll, a broken down shooter? PJ Tucker? He'll be on a far more expensive contract than he was a couple months ago when he returned a couple second rounders. How about Serge Ibaka, who is declining more than Lowry is already, and would be on a huge contract himself. Heck, if we did re-sign Lowry and wanted to trade him sometime in the next couple seasons, he might be the most tradeable-for-value contract on the team this side of DeMar or the rookie scale guys.

We can use the MLE if we stay below the tax, but the MLE is roughly 8M. What do you think you are getting for 8M in this cap environment? Nevermind that if you do sign de Colo, you are right up against the tax, and using the full MLE would not even be possible (as it would put you over the apron, which is not allowed if you use the MLE).

I agree, that might be a competitive, two way team. Probably about .500, maybe a little above that. So, bottom 4, borderline playoff team, just like I've been saying. And that's spending 120M to get there!

Better yet, all the "this team will be better or at least decent" assumptions seem to start with the coaching/strategy being significantly improved. Why would we not just keep Lowry AND improve that stuff? Why is Lowry seemingly judged on the performance of the past few seasons under this ridiculous system, and the rest of the roster gets the "magical super system of the future" assumption?
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                  Please, do tell me, which of those contracts are more tradeable assets than Lowry at 35 million? Is it Valanciunas, a player who seemingly doesn't fit at all on any team right now? Is it de Colo, a player who is going to be overseas for two more seasons before he can realistically be signed at all? How about Carroll, a broken down shooter? PJ Tucker? He'll be on a far more expensive contract than he was a couple months ago when he returned a couple second rounders. How about Serge Ibaka, who is declining more than Lowry is already, and would be on a huge contract himself. Heck, if we did re-sign Lowry and wanted to trade him sometime in the next couple seasons, he might be the most tradeable-for-value contract on the team this side of DeMar or the rookie scale guys.

We can use the MLE if we stay below the tax, but the MLE is roughly 8M. What do you think you are getting for 8M in this cap environment? Nevermind that if you do sign de Colo, you are right up against the tax, and using the full MLE would not even be possible (as it would put you over the apron, which is not allowed if you use the MLE).

I agree, that might be a competitive, two way team. Probably about .500, maybe a little above that. So, bottom 4, borderline playoff team, just like I've been saying. And that's spending 120M to get there!

Better yet, all the "this team will be better or at least decent" assumptions seem to start with the coaching/strategy being significantly improved. Why would we not just keep Lowry AND improve that stuff? Why is Lowry seemingly judged on the performance of the past few seasons under this ridiculous system, and the rest of the roster gets the "magical super system of the future" assumption?
                  Which brings us back to the initial thought process. It might be worth going into the tax to bring back the core. But if we lose Lowry, I still haven't read a logical reason not to blow it up.

Comment

Most of my recent meanderings are based on the assumption that Lowry wants to leave and Masai is forced to roll with the punches. If Lowry walks I believe Masai will set up a swim-or-sink situation where he will retain his assets so the team may be competitive but will pile on if it goes the other way, as he almost did with the Lowry to NYK trade way back when.

If Kyle wants to stay, even for a basically-max deal, sign me up.

Comment

Most of my recent meanderings are based on the assumption that Lowry wants to leave and Masai is forced to roll with the punches. If Lowry walks I believe Masai will set up a swim-or-sink situation where he will retain his assets so the team may be competitive but will pile on if it goes the other way, as he almost did with the Lowry to NYK trade way back when.

If Kyle wants to stay, even for a basically-max deal, sign me up.
                      Fair enough. I question what the contract values would have to be to keep Ibaka, Pat and Tucker if Lowry leaves - these are not guys early in their careers who care little about winning. If they see the team taking a step back, they will expect big offers to stay (if they consider us at all, as the perception, even if not the reality, will be that the Raptors didn't offer enough to get Kyle to stay - it's pretty unimaginable that he'd turn down the 5/200 offer if it is there, and as such the perception will be that the Raptors are downgrading in talent to save a buck).
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I bet you buy a ton of insurance coverage in your daily life, don't you? LOL is your pet dog covered for long term disability in case an asteroid hit the earth?

Comment

Fair enough. I question what the contract values would have to be to keep Ibaka, Pat and Tucker if Lowry leaves - these are not guys early in their careers who care little about winning. If they see the team taking a step back, they will expect big offers to stay (if they consider us at all, as the perception, even if not the reality, will be that the Raptors didn't offer enough to get Kyle to stay - it's pretty unimaginable that he'd turn down the 5/200 offer if it is there, and as such the perception will be that the Raptors are downgrading in talent to save a buck).
                          But the flip side is that if Lowry stays, we can't really afford them either, can we?

Comment

But the flip side is that if Lowry stays, we can't really afford them either, can we?
                            Of course we can. Anyone we let walk is to save money. Realistically, they have to shed some salary of some sort, depending on how much money they want to save.

No matter how reasonable it is to shed salary, it's a ridiculously hard sell to players when literally the only downside is profits to the owners.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Says who? If there isn't much of a fall-off (which is the premise I'm working from) we're talking 50+ wins.

And why tank at all if you don't have to? Atlanta has done just fine with their non-tanking strategy, and that's in a pretty crappy market.
                              BAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

We're not winning 50 games with Nando as out starting PG. I'll have some of what you're smoking though.
                              "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Working...
                              X