#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I also don't want to go over Casey's entire history of poor accountability. It goes way beyond not holding Demar accountable.

Suffice it to say that if you couldn't see this would be an obvious issue with him right away, I don't know what to tell you. The defensive coach, who supposedly wants guys to earn their time, benched Kyle Lowry for Jose because Jose ran the p'n'r better....even though Jose is a worse player on both ends than Lowry. It almost cost us Lowry in the long run (Masai saved that), and made no sense from any perspective of accountability. Almost worse was when Ross was benched in his rookie year for Anderson, who was slumping even worse than Ross but got way more minutes over like a 2-month stretch..."hey Terry, you have to learn to earn your minutes, so sit and watch this vet who's playing worse than you in every way to see how it's done".

The guy clearly has no understanding of how to hold his players accountable.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    All of your examples are from almost 4 years ago if not more.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
      Guess what our win percentage is since Lowry went down?

I was thinking to myself.....thats awfully close to what you thought we needed to get into the top 3. Well over my expectations to be honest......We are now .5 games behind Washington for 3rd place.....

Its starting to look like dinners on me and i'm serving succulent crow with mashed potatoes just for you.

Casey seems to be doing a good job. . Great decision to play FVV last night.....Fred was calm and collected and came through with some pretty good defensive plays.
      Yep. Casey is doing a great job. That's why I put some hard numbers to try to settle this issue Speaking of losing Lowry, in some ways the unexpected silver lining might end up being that it allowed an unheralded journeyman like PJ to step forward and become a leader and defensive conscience for this team. If Lowry's in the lineup, not sure if even PJ can challenge Kyle after a stinker, like he did with DeMar.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Yep. Casey is doing a great job. That's why I put some hard numbers to try to settle this issue Speaking of losing Lowry, in some ways the unexpected silver lining might end up being that it allowed an unheralded journeyman like PJ to step forward and become a leader and defensive conscience for this team. If Lowry's in the lineup, not sure if even PJ can challenge Kyle after a stinker, like he did with DeMar.
        I have a feeling Lowry will get his "talk" from PJ, when he gets back......lol Especially, if he allows too many blow-bys or gambles too much. Just a feeling....I don't think PJ is scared to challenge anyone.

Comment

• Jrice9 wrote: View Post
          All of your examples are from almost 4 years ago if not more.
          There are far more examples that are filling this thread, and you can take the time for yourself to look through the 309 pages to educate yourself. I don't have time to walk you through them, especially if you've already made up your mind. You're basically trolling me to waste my time. Well I have no interest in that.

I'm going to flip it around. Provide evidence that Casey does hold people accountable, please.

---

This forum has become riddled with realgm quality posting, that's why it fucking sucks now and a huge chunk of posters that used to post frequently with actual critical thought and not just blind homerism have all left. There's no discussion. It's "Casey's good because we're winning, you're stupid if you think otherwise" type of banter.

Comment

I have a feeling Lowry will get his "talk" from PJ, when he gets back......lol Especially, if he allows too many blow-bys or gambles too much. Just a feeling....I don't think PJ is scared to challenge anyone.
            Hopefully that ends well..........

Comment

• found this:
              https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/g...sons-nba-shots

Comment

• This is dope, thank you!

Comment

There are far more examples that are filling this thread, and you can take the time for yourself to look through the 309 pages to educate yourself. I don't have time to walk you through them, especially if you've already made up your mind. You're basically trolling me to waste my time. Well I have no interest in that.

I'm going to flip it around. Provide evidence that Casey does hold people accountable, please.

---

This forum has become riddled with realgm quality posting, that's why it fucking sucks now and a huge chunk of posters that used to post frequently with actual critical thought and not just blind homerism have all left. There's no discussion. It's "Casey's good because we're winning, you're stupid if you think otherwise" type of banter.
                  Fred Van Vleet closed the game over Delon Wright or Norm last night. FVV is an undrafted rookie, the other two were actual draft picks and guys the franchise has alot invested with.

JV didn't play in the 4th when he couldn't defend shit.

Casey routinely closes games with the players who have played the best or who he thinks he can ride with to a win. Anyone can not be part of those units as well (we have seen Delon over CoJo or Jakub over Bebe) with the exception largely being Lowry or DeRozan which how many teams in the NBA bench their superstars in crunch time. And even based on this standard, DeRozan has been benched occasional in crunch time, in the playoffs vs Indiana it happened.

Also two points:

1, I'm not all sunshine and rainbows about Casey and your ascribing alot of blind homerism your frustrating to me. I'm rebutting a specific claim, that he should be fired because he holds players unaccountable (or at least this as a contributing reason). We can get into other reasons if you want but I was responding to this specific claim.

2, While I did give the reverse examples of him holding players accountable, generally the person making the claim "Casey should be fired because he doesn't hold players accountable" should supply the evidence. The evidence you provided were examples from his 1st year coaching or his 2nd and were prior to the last 3.75 years. Using them as the primary evidence is weak.

Comment

---

Also the idea that I should go through a 309 page thread when you specifically replied to me and made an argument is fairly ridicolous. Either don't reply to me, or find your own post, and copy and paste your best argument.

To suggest that the fact (And I achnowledged i was fairly new/returning to this thread (I had been here, I'm sure you can find me earlier) and was largely uninterested in reading the entire thread when a, much of it is out of date about Casey's coaching (just like how the DeRozan thread is far different in 2017 than it is 2012 b, to find the specific talking point you are talking about would take a crazy amount of time.

Your own logic would suggest no one needs to post here anymore because the entire case has been made by both sides.

It also isn't a homer or troll posiition to disagree with you especially about a subject where outside of this forum (including among experts in the NBA) your a minority. That might be construed as me appealing to the masses or experts but I'm not. You very well might be right and this doesn't prove your wrong. What it does prove is merely disagreeing with you is not absurd or trolling or homerism.

Comment

• To the point about accountability:

Casey benched Derozan in the 4th quarter of game 2 in the playoffs last year against Indy when he was playing poorly. Derozan was a pending free agent and the raps lost game 1.

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
                        To the point about accountability:

Casey benched Derozan in the 4th quarter of game 2 in the playoffs last year against Indy when he was playing poorly. Derozan was a pending free agent and the raps lost game 1.
                        The accountability argument is old......I'm surprised anyone would still use it this year. It's just so lazy.

Disclaimer: The following may unintentionally stir the pot.

I think the real reason some people want him fired (and I'm being candid here) its his use of JV.

There are people who believe JV is being criminally misused.....To the point that they are convinced that Casey hates JV.

Personally, I believe it's just a clash of styles and principles.

Coaches are allowed to have different styles and principles. Right or wrong.

For example.....Would a coach like Mike D'antoni maximize JV effectively? If I remember correctly he had trouble maximizing Pau Gasol....

In the playoffs when the game slows down, a player like JV becomes much more effective anyways.

That's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The accountability argument is old......I'm surprised anyone would still use it this year. It's just so lazy.

Disclaimer: The following may unintentionally stir the pot.

I think the real reason some people want him fired (and I'm being candid here) its his use of JV.

There are people who believe JV is being criminally misused.....To the point that they are convinced that Casey hates JV.

Personally, I believe it's just a clash of styles and principles.

Coaches are allowed to have different styles and principles. Right or wrong.

For example.....Would a coach like Mike D'antoni maximize JV effectively? If I remember correctly he had trouble maximizing Pau Gasol....

In the playoffs when the game slows down, a player like JV becomes much more effective anyways.

That's my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I think those people who feel JV has been underutilized (And I have been one of them at times) need to factor in how the league has gone. How many centers who are below average defensively (or it least are not strong in the pick and roll) play key parts on good teams?

Kanter is a bench player (albeit a good one) who doesn't close games and is probabally's JVs best comparable.

Most imporantly with Ibaka we have a better option for the 5 down the stretch

Comment

This is really just an emotional rant that really doesn't bring anything to the conversation....unless your point is that this place sucks (which was clearly taken from anyone who read your post).

As someone who's been around for over 5-6 years (i used to read the forums long before i actually started posting it in).....I see things differently.

I'm going to speculate on the "chunk of posters" that you are referring to.

Those posters frequently posted when the Raptors were an awful team.....They almost seemed to enjoy tearing the team down at every possible instance. They became so used to a terrible team that they saw very little positives. They hated Demar Derozan (or his game). They wanted to tank very badly. They put their reputations on the line. They said that we would go nowhere with this core.......

Top to bottom they were constantly negative towards the team, the coach and the players (in some cases - and usually with the exception of JV).

Why do you think they didn't come back? Because some new posters are being positive? No.......They are embarrassed. The team is winning contrary to their "critical thought." Maybe they haven't left at all and are back under new names for all we know......

There's still plenty of good discussion here....Whats odd to me is that you are calling out people when you're the one bringing down the quality of the conversation by calling people blind homers and have countless posts about our head coach being a moron, an idiot, etc.

Unreal. smh
                            Last edited by special1; Thu Mar 23, 2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• jeez guys what the hell lol

Comment

• This thread is intense like a dark back alley lol
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X