#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
    They still have 3 HOFers though, 4 if you count Crawford (and I probably do), and 5 if you count Pierce (which I don't).
    Who are you counting as the first 3? CP3 is a HOFer, but Blake isn't and neither is DJ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• some of you guys are overreacting here. You knew what was gonna happen in Lowry's absence. We are actually doing pretty good without him all things considered. If he comes back and can at the all-nba level we are used to seeing, we should handle the Hawks easily enough and give the Cavs a run for their money.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
        The Clippers have a top 5 coach and they have more talent than us. Are they a great/contending team? no. I think we can beat those guys in a 7 game series.

You have to have the very best players in the world, top 3-5 to win in this league. I don't care how good of a coach you are, if you don't have the top players you're not going to win in this league.
        Not sure if I agree with this. I think they might have had a decent chance of coming out of the West last year if injuries didn't pop up all around the same time.
        "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
        "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Take a listen to Stack and how he manages his team...I know its D-League but still he has the principles Rap fans want and really the 905 last year had a garbage record with more talent (Norm and Delon) yet they now have the best record.

I legit believe he could do a better job than Casey.

I could see him and Lowry leading the team the way Lue and LBJ do....as a semi-player coach that echos the same thing except I would say Stackhouse actually sounds more knowledgeable than Lue.

Comment

• Interesting what stack said about Tavares.
            It doesn't sound like the 905 team last yr/ Caseyball raps. So stack runs his own plays? The offense runs through Tavares?
            I hope the games are back on youtube next yr.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
              Interesting what stack said about Tavares.
              It doesn't sound like the 905 team last yr/ Caseyball raps. So stack runs his own plays? The offense runs through Tavares?
              Axel wrote:
              Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
              KeonClark wrote:
              We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
              KeonClark wrote:
              I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Stackhouse has a strong suit game.

Comment

• lewro wrote: View Post
                  Interesting what stack said about Tavares.
                  You realize it's not all that hard to watch on fb, right? https://www.facebook.com/nbadleague/...4896146925289/

Comment

• I wonder if they thought about dropping FVV and picking up Heslip. I mean I do get its the d league and everything, but he could definitely help with 3s.

Comment

• For those that still think the Raptors don't run plays
                      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmU...aptorsPlaybook

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Take a listen to Stack and how he manages his team...I know its D-League but still he has the principles Rap fans want and really the 905 last year had a garbage record with more talent (Norm and Delon) yet they now have the best record.

I legit believe he could do a better job than Casey.

I could see him and Lowry leading the team the way Lue and LBJ do....as a semi-player coach that echos the same thing except I would say Stackhouse actually sounds more knowledgeable than Lue.

I think that Stack has done an awesome job with the 905 but that interview was pretty much nothing but the standard cliches that Casey reiterates over and over again himself - hanging the hat on our D, playing together, moving the ball, playing with energy, playing to our identity, etc. etc.

There was absolutely nothing enlightening about that video.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                          I think that Stack has done an awesome job with the 905 but that interview was pretty much nothing but the standard cliches that Casey reiterates over and over again himself - hanging the hat on our D, playing together, moving the ball, playing with energy, playing to our identity, etc. etc.

Stackhouse even said "next man up" which is probably Casey's most used phrase. That interview was extremely generic, any coach would say that stuff.

I remember when we hired Stackhouse last season and people were worried about him having a negative influence on DeRozan since Stackhouse was an isolation scorer himself. Glad to see that wasn't the case.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post

I agree.... Those are the exact same things Casey talks about. Even mentioning that as long as they play defense he can live with offensive mistakes.

The only difference is that Stack is working with players willing to do whatever it takes to get a chance at the big leagues, while Casey has to deal with players with much larger egos. It's easier to hold the D-league players accountable. Plenty of NBA coaches have lost their jobs for clashing with their star player(s). It's much easier to replace a coach than it is to replace a star player.

That being said..... I love what Stack has done with the 905! I think he'll make a great head coach in the NBA. I like the way he communicates with his players and the way he holds them accountable.....Hopefully that translates to the big leagues.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                              I agree.... Those are the exact same things Casey talks about. Even mentioning that as long as they play defense he can live with offensive mistakes.

The only difference is that Stack is working with players willing to do whatever it takes to get a chance at the big leagues, while Casey has to deal with players with much larger egos. It's easier to hold the D-league players accountable. Plenty of NBA coaches have lost their jobs for clashing with their star player(s). It's much easier to replace a coach than it is to replace a star player.

That being said..... I love what Stack has done with the 905! I think he'll make a great head coach in the NBA. I like the way he communicates with his players and the way he holds them accountable.....Hopefully that translates to the big leagues.

Who are these large ego players Casey has to deal with? How is he unable to hold guys accountable because of this?

Casey is absolutely awful at accountability. Always has been, and we've not really had guys with bad egos. In fact we've had one of the highest character rosters probably in the whole league since Masai got here. Casey's pathetic approach to accountability is all on him being a gutless dumbass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Who are these large ego players Casey has to deal with? How is he unable to hold guys accountable because of this?

Casey is absolutely awful at accountability. Always has been, and we've not really had guys with bad egos. In fact we've had one of the highest character rosters probably in the whole league since Masai got here. Casey's pathetic approach to accountability is all on him being a gutless dumbass.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X