No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just hope changing the coach is being considered. It hasn't felt like it was every really on the table these past few offseasons.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      I just hope changing the coach is being considered. It hasn't felt like it was every really on the table these past few offseasons.
      Well its understandable why it never was, getting swept by the Wizards was probably the last time you had a legitimate reason to fire Casey, but then the team goes to the ECF the next season, tough to fire a coach when you get to the ECF. This season is totally different, Masai went and got Casey defensive players in Tucker and Ibaka, and the team still wasn't consistently good offensively or defensively, especially in the Playoffs.

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
        If Casey is back next year, I quit.

Not really, but I would want to.
        I will have very little interest in watching the games next year if Casey is still here. I know I said that last year and probably the year before, but it is hard to get really invested in this team when I feel that our development is stunted and ultimately our potential is limited under this head coach.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
          I will have very little interest in watching the games next year if Casey is still here. I know I said that last year and probably the year before, but it is hard to get really invested in this team when I feel that our development is stunted and ultimately our potential is limited under this head coach.
          The reason why I will slowly stop watching next year if Casey is our coach is because we've seen what this team can do. We wanted a stud pf.. we got ibaka. We wanted defense at the wings, we got Tucker. He literally had the most talented Raptors team in history yet we struggled (and he got outcoached) with the Bucks. Then got swept by the Cavs.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            The reason why I will slowly stop watching next year if Casey is our coach is because we've seen what this team can do. We wanted a stud pf.. we got ibaka. We wanted defense at the wings, we got Tucker. He literally had the most talented Raptors team in history yet we struggled (and he got outcoached) with the Bucks. Then got swept by the Cavs.
            Name one playoff series Dwayne hasn't been out coached in

Comment

• Was listening to the latest BballBreakdown podcast, and they referred to Ibaka as one of the better pick & pop post players in the league, yet inexplicably, it's something that Casey never bothered to implement into our offense.

Our offense sucked at consistently creating good looks, because it relied far too heavily on Lowry and DeRozan looking to attack first, and pass as a last resort.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Was listening to the latest BballBreakdown podcast, and they referred to Ibaka as one of the better pick & pop post players in the league, yet inexplicably, it's something that Casey never bothered to implement into our offense.

Our offense sucked at consistently creating good looks, because it relied far too heavily on Lowry and DeRozan looking to attack first, and pass as a last resort.
                we have been saying this for 3+ years lol

Comment

• Use that Maple Leafs playoff money to fire Casey and eat the rest of his contract.

Comment

Use that Maple Leafs playoff money to fire Casey and eat the rest of his contract.
                    Bell and Rogers owns MLSE. Look at cable prices. Casey's contract is nothing.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Bell and Rogers owns MLSE. Look at cable prices. Casey's contract is nothing.
                      I'm actually ok with promoting Stackhouse to head coach and surrounding him with top quality assistants (Stack would be extremely cheap for a HC). He's already shown he can thrive in that environment with the 905, and get the most of out of young players, which will be key moving forward in the post-Lowry era (if Lowry leaves).

Comment

• So, you guys want this to happen to Dwane?

Comment

I'm actually ok with promoting Stackhouse to head coach and surrounding him with top quality assistants (Stack would be extremely cheap for a HC). He's already shown he can thrive in that environment with the 905, and get the most of out of young players, which will be key moving forward in the post-Lowry era (if Lowry leaves).
                          I think Stack only has one year of coaching as an assistant and one year coaching a D-League team under his belt. He did well in the D-League, but it's basically like coaching a college team where the coach has the fate of the player in his hands. It's not difficult to get players to put a good effort in. Just seems a bit green to take over as a head coach to me, but if they blow up the roster then it makes sense. Don't think that will happen though.

Comment

• now that's elite coach
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              If we're keeping Casey, we better send him to Pop's coaching school. Dude is so late on adjustments. Especially in-game adjustments. It's crazy

A limitless late.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Was listening to the latest BballBreakdown podcast, and they referred to Ibaka as one of the better pick & pop post players in the league, yet inexplicably, it's something that Casey never bothered to implement into our offense.

Three points:

1. As a general rule, most coaches don't revamp their offense at the trade deadline to accommodate a new player coming in unless that player is intended to be a primary scorer, and Ibaka isn't a primary scorer. It's usually considered more important to teach one new player the existing system of plays than to try to teach the whole team new plays. Casey not incorporating pick-and-pop into his offense when he didn't really have a quality pick-and-pop receiver until Ibaka showed up doesn't make him a bad coach.

2. Lowry and DeRozan are the best players on the team and it's not particularly close, so relying on them as primary attackers is what most coaches would do.

3. I get why people are frustrated with Casey, but we only really see about five percent of Casey's job (or any other NBA coach, for that matter). Saying "he doesn't make tactical adjustments" is after-the-fact hindsight coaching, because in the thick of it coaches have to balance making adjustments with trusting their players to play to the level the coach knows they're capable of playing.

Watching every game of this series, there was a distinct pattern: the Raptors would start out moving the ball well and getting lots of good looks, and they bricked the fuck out of those good looks, so they got frustrated and started going much more heavily to Kyle/DeMar iso play, and when Kyle and DeMar weren't getting whistles they got even more frustrated, and then things went to hell.

You can say that's on Casey, and maybe you're right. Or maybe it's on Kyle and DeMar and the others for getting shook. But the truth is that we just don't know. Casey generally tries to trust his players because that's his coaching style, and that style has been excellent from a developmental standpoint: practically every young player who can improve does so under Casey's tenure. Poeltl and Siakam both gave the team quality minutes in the playoffs; that's a rookie and a second-year late pick delivering good play, and that's just as much on Casey as the lack of tactical adjustments is.

Comment

Working...
                                X