No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6-4 without Lowry since the break. 7-4 overall this season.

Like how you guys try to find narratives of why Masai keeps Casey. When it's pretty obvious that he believes in him. Instead of pointing the finger at Casey how about the guy who keeps bringing him back

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Mon Mar 13, 2017, 09:56 PM.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Like, can we not go through one little rough patch (without Lowry at that) without getting out the torches and pitchforks?

Comment

• #FireCasey

2pat plays well, the team does. People don't realize how important a good 2pat really is to this team. If we have a fresh Lowry and a consistent 2pat in the playoffs we'll be really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Exactly, this team feeds off escape valves - it's hard to make a living on driving and kicking if you never hit the 3 at the end of the kick. Patterson is the Spurs' Matt Bonner on steroids. He hasn't found his groove thanks to injury, but there's still time.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
            Messina will be hard to pry. Udoka would be a good get
            I really like Udoka and think he'd be a great choice.

Ollie would have to be given consideration as likely the top NCAA target.
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
              Like, can we not go through one little rough patch (without Lowry at that) without getting out the torches and pitchforks?
              It has nothing to do with one game or one stretch of games. It has to do with watching hundreds and hundreds of games and finding Dwayne lacking. Believing he is a below average NBA head coach and that to stand a chance of winning a title (hopefully Lowry stays and we still have a window) given cavs, warriors, spurs, rockets (future celts improvement) etc. That we need a better head coach. We need every advantage we can get. And many nights a lot of us feel we are at a coaching disadvantage.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                It has nothing to do with one game or one stretch of games. It has to do with watching hundreds and hundreds of games and finding Dwayne lacking. Believing he is a below average NBA head coach and that to stand a chance of winning a title (hopefully Lowry stays and we still have a window) given cavs, warriors, spurs, rockets (future celts improvement) etc. That we need a better head coach. We need every advantage we can get. And many nights a lot of us feel we are at a coaching disadvantage.
                And yet... winning record, year-over-year improvement... hmmm.
                Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                  NOT THIS YEAR.

Oh yeah

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Well if this season ends badly, which unfortunately is a real possibility, then Masai has a reason to fire him.
                    The company line will be along the lines that because KL missed such a critical juncture of the season we should stay the course and evaluate a full season with KL.

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                      Precisely. Leads me to believe there's more than a little fallacious thinking* going on. If Lowry hadn't gone down we'd be looking at another year of improved record while pushing the Cavs for #1 in the East. Another example is that Casey gets next to no zero credit for developing and getting production out of the youth at the end of the roster - Powell, Poeltl, Bebe, and Siakim have all played their role.

*If you're down in the details, though it's where coaches operate and therefore a "logical" perspective for fans to look from, every coach is going to confirm your bias that they are fatally flawed. Coaching and development are a long-term play, or should be, any honest evaluation has to take the big picture into account.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        The company line will be along the lines that because KL missed such a critical juncture of the season we should stay the course and evaluate a full season with KL.
                        I don't think KL respects Casey as a head coach. He thinks he's a "nice guy", but I don't think he respects him as a head coach. I suspect retaining DC will do little to nothing toward helping us retain KL.

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          I don't think KL respects Casey as a head coach. He thinks he's a "nice guy", but I don't think he respects him as a head coach. I suspect retaining DC will do little to nothing toward helping us retain KL.
                          This is the actual quote:

“Casey's an unbelievable person and the nicest guy in the world,” Lowry said. “On the floor he's that old-school, southern, hard-nosed type of coach. I think me and him, our relationship has really grown throughout the years and he's learned to trust me, and I think I've learned to trust him, and I think that's why we have a better relationship.”

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...want-him-back/

Comment

“Casey's an unbelievable person and the nicest guy in the world,” Lowry said. “On the floor he's that old-school, southern, hard-nosed type of coach. I think me and him, our relationship has really grown throughout the years and he's learned to trust me, and I think I've learned to trust him, and I think that's why we have a better relationship.”

I think he might've been referring to Lowry's comment after the Wizards playoff series when he said Casey was a great guy or something but didn't endorse him coming back. I might have that wrong though, but regardless that was a long time ago after a terrible finish so a lot of things could've changed since then, for better or worse.

Comment

Is that the only quote? I seem to recall him being pushed to say something nice about DC at the end of the season and he said he was a nice guy. Also his comments about change being needed this year seemed to be interpreted by many as at least partially about DC / coaching / end of game management.

Comment

Scrolling down further and HOLY FUCK DEROZAN STOPPED THE REBRAND FROM BEING DRAKE'S COLORS. How have I not read this before??? I love this man even more now.

Comment

Working...
                                X