#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Fantastic wrote: View Post
    Ok I'm not in love with Casey but I'm really getting tired of people doing this.

You need to start giving him credit for this. He's the head coach of the team. I'm very impressed and somewhat shocked to be honest that he's been able to completely adapt his coaching style to this more free-flowing, quicker paced, modern offense. The guy has been coaching for a long time (since basically right when he finished college) and to make that kind of a shift with his experience is very impressive (hell Phil Jackson isn't even coaching anymore and he STILL couldn't get away from the triangle). He has 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players on the bench and has them playing hard and playing great basketball.

Like stop leaving him out of the plaudits. It's getting annoying. A lot of you guys get mad at Christian for having a vendetta against JV, but you guys do the exact same thing with Casey.
    Are you talking to the author of the piece here? golden's description was spot on - the piece did give Nurse a lot of the credit.

I agree that Casey should get lots of credit. Not sure why this post sent you off on a rant about it though - the piece clearly focused on Nurse, and interviewed him for the insights.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Are you talking to the author of the piece here? golden's description was spot on - the piece did give Nurse a lot of the credit.

I agree that Casey should get lots of credit. Not sure why this post sent you off on a rant about it though - the piece clearly focused on Nurse, and interviewed him for the insights.
      If Casey craps the bed in the playoffs, it will be the ideal time for a coaching change. Changing from the historically selfish offence would probably have been too much for a new coach. Modernize the offense, get key players to adapt then move forward. How many coaches have the offence and defence taken away, along with criticism of the culture and still keeps their job. With the East improving and young Raptors players developing, killing all ties to the previous method used to win is very important.

Comment

• I have mixed feelings about getting a new coach within our 3 year window now. There is no guarantee a new coach will do anything. I doubt we'll see a Marck Jackson -> Steve Kerr situation play out.

If anything we'd see more of a Scott Brooks -> Billy Donovan situation in OKC. It'll be like shuffling deck chairs. If the Raps lose in 4 to the Cavs in the 2nd round the only thing fixing that is if Lebron goes out West. A new coach isn't going to do sh!t.

Personally I'm fine with Casey until Lowry/DD and Ibaka's contracts come to an end or if Masai decides to blow things up early.

Comment

• I think Masai is all in on this core, coach included, for this season and next at least.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think Masai is all in on this core, coach included, for this season and next at least.
            You think a first round series loss, in which the team was relatively healthy and played poorly, would be tolerated?
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              You think a first round series loss, in which the team was relatively healthy and played poorly, would be tolerated?
              I personally think it would be as tolerated as when we got swept by the Wizards. Masai will get mad, stomp his feet, say something needs to be done, and we'll end up with the same core (coach included).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                I personally think it would be as tolerated as when we got swept by the Wizards. Masai will get mad, stomp his feet, say something needs to be done, and we'll end up with the same core (coach included).
                Circumstances are different now. Higher expectation, higher payroll, Casey's tenure being longer (which means failures are less likely to be tolerated).

Also, key to what I said is 'relatively healthy'. We still don't know to what degree Lowry's health impacted that Wizards series, and that might be why Casey was spared then.
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Can anyone really argue that Casey's still NOT getting the best out of his players and the team? Is there still an argument to fire Casey? Wait until playoffs......Doesn't that apply to almost any coach (maybe with the exception of Popavich, Kerr and Stevens)?

Just like with Demar, it seems some people are just too slow to see what is right in front of them. Casey is doing a great job and deserves to be recognized as being a really good coach.

Regardless of regular season vs. post season success (Kyle Lowry being hurt has a lot to do with the post season issues in my opinion) I think there is no longer a debate. Its not easy getting wins in the NBA.

Comment

I mean, probably not. But I also think such a scenario is incredibly unlikely unless there are significant extenuating circumstances (like meeting LBJ in round 1), in which case, yeah, it probably would be tolerated.

Like, you could also say, what if the team loses every game from now until the end of the season? Then, yeah, we have to revisit that idea of sticking to the core for a couple years. But it won't happen - and such is my opinion of a first round loss. This team is too good for that, even with Casey's late adjustments (when they've come, they've been good).
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Circumstances are different now. Higher expectation, higher payroll, Casey's tenure being longer (which means failures are less likely to be tolerated).

Also, key to what I said is 'relatively healthy'. We still don't know to what degree Lowry's health impacted that Wizards series, and that might be why Casey was spared then.
                      Exactly. I very much doubt we lose in the first round. We're likely looking at a top 3 team this year. The only way i could see us losing is if we're unhealthy and Casey will be spared.

Comment

Like, you could also say, what if the team loses every game from now until the end of the season?
                        Not the same at all. There's a proven track record of underperforming in the playoffs. It's happened in literally every series the team's played that wasn't against Cleveland, minus the very first series they played against Brooklyn.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Never been a Casey fan, but fuck. What's wrong with you people?. The team is doing great, with the most sustainable style of play we've seen since ????.

OK, I'll join in with the negativity. What happens if we do too well in the playoffs, make the NBA finals with game 7 being decided on the final shot, causing Masai to give Casey an extension. Boy, that would really suck.
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Not the same at all. There's a proven track record of underperforming in the playoffs. It's happened in literally every series the team's played that wasn't against Cleveland, minus the very first series they played against Brooklyn.
                            I feel like people keep lumping the Bucks series in with everything else. I thought that series went pretty well, after the Powell adjustment the Bucks had no chance and the Raptors closed out game 6 on the road very well, DeMar took over in the clutch and put that game away right in the face of all the long defenders who are supposed to be able to shut DeRozan down. The Raptors winning in 6 met or exceed most 1st round predictions.
                            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              Never been a Casey fan, but fuck. What's wrong with you people?. The team is doing great, with the most sustainable style of play we've seen since ????.

OK, I'll join in with the negativity. What happens if we do too well in the playoffs, make the NBA finals with game 7 being decided on the final shot, causing Masai to give Casey an extension. Boy, that would really suck.
                              Weakest team to ever to win Finals man
                              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

They've won three playoff series the past two years. They've performed about as poorly as possible in the first round with lesser teams than this one and won those series anyway.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X