#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ball wrote: View Post
    I still think Casey is like our Mark Jackson; we may be a Steve Kerr away from competing in the Finals.
    When you look at win share comparables to Steve Kerr on bbref as a player, his most comparable is Eric Snow. 2nd most comparable:

Jerry Stackhouse.
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Wonder what the record would have looked like if Masai didn't trade for Tucker or Ibaka.
      Whyyyyy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Whyyyyy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yeah, kinda like saying (expression sorry if its crude) "If my auntie had a dick she'd by uncle"

Wonder what the record would be if kyle was healthy? Wonder where Cleveland would be if Lebron didnt come back? Wonder what Chicago would have done if Michael Jordan stuck to baseball?

It's fruitless because it's not reality

Comment

• Ballsy decision to play FVV since he was essentially benched the last few game, then to play him the whole 4th and OT. Necessary though I think considering how terrible Wright looked.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
            Ballsy decision to play FVV since he was essentially benched the last few game, then to play him the whole 4th and OT. Necessary though I think considering how terrible Wright looked.
            Well we had 2 ball handlers with cojo and demar. Wasn't just wright, but powell and carroll benched behind fvv. Ballsy indeed.

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
              Tbh this thread is tiresome. Love or hate casey, it's the 2nd day of spring, we're pushing hard to chase Washington, playing a bulls team tonight we haven't beaten in years, we have new acquisitions looking great, Lowry hopefully a couple weeks from returning, there's so much to talk about, and half the board is hung up on firing Casey and buzzwords like "accountability".

He's not getting fired anytime soon. Personally I too would prefer a new coach but id rather go really far and keep this coach, if the alternative is flaming out and going "i told ya so", no thanks. It's become like an unhealthy obsession, we just had a GREAT win and a huge game tonight and this rages on.
              Does anyone actually think Casey is gonna be fired anytime soon? I assumed it was universally understood that this thread is the new "Everything Casey" thread, used to talk about anything and everything related to Casey.

Comment

• Great game. Keep the streak going. Is that 9-5 after the break now? 10-5 without Lowry. Love this team. They never give up!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Wed Mar 22, 2017, 09:58 AM.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Great game. Keep the streak going. Is that 9-5 after the break now? 10-5 without Lowry. Love this team. They never give up!

Yep. Love the new-found scrappiness. Reminds me of that 2013 team. Lowry said, "...something's gotta change" and Masai got us a couple of heart transplants.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                    Yep. Love the new-found scrappiness. Reminds me of that 2013 team. Lowry said, "...something's gotta change" and Masai got us a couple of heart transplants.
                    I wonder if those comments Lowry made may have been about players and not Casey. Tucker and Ibaka, much like Lowry and DeMar, really put it all out there on the floor. You can visibly see how much these guys want to win. Not really anyone else on the team I see that same urgency from...maybe Cojo.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Does anyone actually think Casey is gonna be fired anytime soon? I assumed it was universally understood that this thread is the new "Everything Casey" thread, used to talk about anything and everything related to Casey.
                      Yeah it should be renamed that.

Firing Casey is not even remotely a possibility unless we lose in the 1st rd.

Comment

• JamesNaismith wrote: View Post
                        Yeah it should be renamed that.

Firing Casey is not even remotely a possibility unless we lose in the 1st rd.
                        Even then, it would have to be a another Wizards-like sweep where the team just quit. And there is almost zero chance of that happening again, healthy Lowry or not. And even then, it could still be rationalized by Lowry being hurt. So, basically zero chance of Casey not being the coach of your Toronto Raptors on opening night 2017-18 season.

Comment

Wouldn't say it's new-found. Raps have always had the never say die attitude under Casey. Raps lead the league in comeback wins from 10+ down with 17. Only 3 have come after allstar break I believe. Second has 14.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            Wouldn't say it's new-found. Raps have always had the never say die attitude under Casey. Raps lead the league in comeback wins from 10+ down with 17. Only 3 have come after allstar break I believe. Second has 14.

Sure, but a lot those come from behind wins were Lowry and DD simply out-gunning teams..... not necessarily gritty defense, or at least it didn't feel like that. This year's team was definitely getting close to losing that scrappy edge. Maybe it was some complacency setting in... thinking that we're an "elite talent" team that turns it on when we need to with historic offense. Or maybe it was just losing some toughness in Biz, JJ & Scola that we just got back in Serge and PJ.

Until those trades, I think we're a lot closer to being called soft, than scrappy.
                            Last edited by golden; Wed Mar 22, 2017, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Sure, but a lot those come from behind wins were Lowry and DD simply out-gunning teams..... not necessarily gritty defense, or at least it didn't feel like that. This year's team was definitely getting close to losing that scrappy edge. Maybe it was some complacency setting in... thinking that we're "good" team that turn it on when we need to with historic offense. Or maybe it was just losing some toughness in Biz, JJ & Scola that we just got back in Serge and PJ.

Until those trades, I think we're a lot closer to being called soft, than scrappy.
                              I disagree, until we hit that rough patch starting in January the raps had a top 5 drtg in the fourth quarter. We'd basically play shit defense and then lock down in the fourth. I also don't think it's by coincidence that this trend disappeared when all the injuries started to hit.

Overall on the year we have the second best drtg in the league for fourth quarters.

Comment

Sure, but a lot those come from behind wins were Lowry and DD simply out-gunning teams..... not necessarily gritty defense, or at least it didn't feel like that. This year's team was definitely getting close to losing that scrappy edge. Maybe it was some complacency setting in... thinking that we're an "elite talent" team that turns it on when we need to with historic offense. Or maybe it was just losing some toughness in Biz, JJ & Scola that we just got back in Serge and PJ.

Guess what our win percentage is since Lowry went down?

I was thinking to myself.....thats awfully close to what you thought we needed to get into the top 3. Well over my expectations to be honest......We are now .5 games behind Washington for 3rd place.....

Its starting to look like dinners on me and i'm serving succulent crow with mashed potatoes just for you.

Casey seems to be doing a good job. Great decision to play FVV last night.....Fred was calm and collected and came through with some pretty good defensive plays.
                                Last edited by special1; Wed Mar 22, 2017, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X