#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Could the Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr situation have a similar outlook in T.O. with Dwayne Casey/new head coach?
    Probably can't hurt. The main issue is defensive but Casey is a terrible defensive coach. Mark Jackson had GSW playing with the fourth best DRtg. There is less risk firing Casey.

Comment

Could the Mark Jackson/Steve Kerr situation have a similar outlook in T.O. with Dwayne Casey/new head coach?
      Not even if the coach replacing Casey, was Pop.

There is too big of a difference in talent levels between the Warriors and Raptors I think. And that is part of the arguement here I think. There is this expectation that a team with the same roster as the season prior should somehow be that much better. We're right in line with where we were last year I think, but clearly experiencing a rough patch. For myself, I can only say that I think things will even out and we will start playing better, but that doesn't necessarily equal wins because we aren't facing the same soft schedule for early this season.

Comment

• I feel like a fucking idiot. Just left my car turned on with my keys inside and the car is locked smh. Casey's fault. Fire him!!
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
          I find most of your posts disturbing
          Ever come across someone so obviously biased and over-the-top they'll say almost anything, even if it means making shit up? Or so fundamentalist and rigid in their worldview they actually think they're analytical and objective?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            Not even if the coach replacing Casey, was Pop.

There is too big of a difference in talent levels between the Warriors and Raptors I think. And that is part of the arguement here I think. There is this expectation that a team with the same roster as the season prior should somehow be that much better. We're right in line with where we were last year I think, but clearly experiencing a rough patch. For myself, I can only say that I think things will even out and we will start playing better, but that doesn't necessarily equal wins because we aren't facing the same soft schedule for early this season.
            Then there is also a talent gap between BJN and Toronto since their defense is much better too.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              Nice post.

The issue I have is that this is a what have you done for me lately type world. Of late Casey hasn't done much.

Since the end of last February the much praised defense has gone off the rails, the offense is back to ISO, and it appears every team has the Raptors number of late - even if they don't win which I think is a testament to the talent on the roster despite many claiming the roster is not that talented.

Casey has done a positive things. But now that expectations are higher (i.e. just making the playoffs doesn't cut it anymore) it is apparent he is not the man to move forward with - it appears a few of the players know this as well. He truly is a stepping stone and has served his purpose.

The only question is when he is fired - not if. If Raps are still an obvious fragmented group playing horrendous O and porous D come all-star break, I hope he is canned. As many have pointed out, give an assistant a shot. The Raps might have a great head coach already on the payroll.
              Has a player come out and said something to the media? Where did you get the impression that the players don't believe in Casey?
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Haha, good schtick from Grantland today:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/to...ippers-lakers/

"Just for Fun: Which Teams Should Be Trying to Trade for Tom Thibodeau?"

Toronto Raptors

In the pre-Drake dark age of 2010-11, the Raptors were the very worst defensive team in the league, giving up 110 points per 100 possessions. That is a lot. Then the pre-Drakes plucked Dwane Casey from Rick Carlisle’s suddenly ripened coaching tree. In Casey’s first season, the Raps jumped 18 spots to post a 101.5 defensive rating, good for 12th best in the league, one spot under the mighty San Antonio Spurs.

Masai Ujiri then arrived in 2013 and immediately made his mark by foisting Andrea Bargnani’s lumbering, soul-dead, 1,000-yard bench stare on a swinging-for-the-fences-in-the-office-softball-league New York Knicks. A deal so bad that even now no current or former Knicks executive has copped to signing off on it.1 Plans for an Ujiri commemorative plaque were launched after he shipped Rudy Gay to Sacramento. Those plans were upgraded to a full-on bronze statue once Ujiri, channeling Funkmaster Flex, screamed “FUCK BROOKLYN” to the delirious crowds gathered in Maple Leaf Square before a playoff game against the Nets.

Now, the Raptors are scuffling. They’ve lost seven of their last 10, their 104.6 defensive rating has them squarely in the bottom third of the league, Casey is making cryptic comments about agendas, and the ever-even-keel Raptors fans have about-faced from “WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT HOW AWESOME WE ARE?” to “WHY DO WE SUCKKKK???”

BAH GAWD, IS THAT THIBS’S MUSIC?

The Raptors trade: Landry Fields, a shout-out on the next Drake track, the secret recording of James Dolan saying, “OK, let’s do the deal.”
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

No way! There's a HUGE talent gap between GSW and Raptors. They have David Lee and Igoudala coming off the bench ffs.
                  "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                    Ever come across someone so obviously biased and over-the-top they'll say almost anything, even if it means making shit up? Or so fundamentalist and rigid in their worldview they actually think they're analytical and objective?
                    Were you thinking Bill O'Reilly (Fox News)?

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      No way! There's a HUGE talent gap between GSW and Raptors. They have David Lee and Igoudala coming off the bench ffs.
                      The argument isn't is GSW better than Toronto but could replacing Casey have the same impact as Kerr replacing Jackson. But, from a talent viewpoint a healthy OKC is a more talented group than GSW but Kerr so far is better than Brooks.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        Were you thinking Bill O'Reilly (Fox News)?
                        Casey supporters. There really is any argument not to replace him and it is not even related to the recent slide but his performance over a four year period.

Comment

• Performance over a 4 year period? you mean?

Year 1 - 23 wins
                          Year 2 - 34 wins
                          Year 3 - 48 wins
                          Year 4 - ?
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• People keep mentioning that Casey has lost the locker room. I need facts people!
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              Performance over a 4 year period? you mean?

Year 1 - 23 wins
                              Year 2 - 34 wins
                              Year 3 - 48 wins
                              Year 4 - ?
                              See Larry Drew and Mike Woodson for how incremental improvements like that mean jack shit. They both did the same thing in ATL and have since proven themselves terrible coaches. Incremental improvements like that are usually due to players getting better over time, and have very little to do with coaching. e.g. They coached the same shitty way each year but the team improved despite their best efforts.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                                People keep mentioning that Casey has lost the locker room. I need facts people!
                                He has lost the locker room.

Yesterday he had trouble finding it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                OG is our king

Comment

Working...
                                X