No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Go about trade Casey and future 2nd rounded to Pistons for SVG?

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
      Brad Stephens is a great coach. We don't need to tear him down to make a point about Casey.

Having said that - I think there's more similarities between the two than the Casey detractors realize or would like to admit. Stephens is 0-2 in the playoffs the last two years, with a 2-8 record. The Celtics are an even worse defensive team than the Raptors are this season, seemingly with better individual defensive players. They're also a worse offensive team than the Raptors this year.

If you can accept everything above and say that Stephens is a great coach... I find it hard to see how you can't accept that Casey is even a mediocre one.
      I would concur that Casey is a mediocre coach. Not bad. Not great. Mediocre. Accepting that and feeling good about that is another thing entirely.

But enough about Brad Stevens. How about Eric Spoelstra!

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
        Brad Stephens is a great coach. We don't need to tear him down to make a point about Casey.

Having said that - I think there's more similarities between the two than the Casey detractors realize or would like to admit. Stephens is 0-2 in the playoffs the last two years, with a 2-8 record. The Celtics are an even worse defensive team than the Raptors are this season, seemingly with better individual defensive players. They're also a worse offensive team than the Raptors this year.

If you can accept everything above and say that Stephens is a great coach... I find it hard to see how you can't accept that Casey is even a mediocre one.
        who do the celtics have that's even close to comparable to the core of kyle/demar/JV? plus Casey's been given exactly "his type" of guy over the years (Carroll, Biyombo, now Tucker and Ibaka). Brad Stevens is getting more out of way less.

Casey is mediocre at best, which is not good enough for a "contending" team that is talented but has some imbalances.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
          who do the celtics have that's even close to comparable to the core of kyle/demar/JV? plus Casey's been given exactly "his type" of guy over the years (Carroll, Biyombo, now Tucker and Ibaka). Brad Stevens is getting more out of way less.

Casey is mediocre at best, which is not good enough for a "contending" team that is talented but has some imbalances.
          Well they have Issiah Thomas (top 5-7 mvp candidate) and Al Horford (Max free agent from 9 mos ago) plus whoever else... we're not talking about the Nets here.

And even if you admitted the Raptors have a better roster, which I'm willing to do... the Raptors have been a lot more successful than the Celtics have been. Game six of the ECF versus Game 6 of the first round.

Once again, it's not a blanket endorsement of Casey or a blanket criticism of Stephens. It's just kind of nutty the way some of us arbitrarily decide what's important or what isn't, what stats are the definitive factors on good coaching, all based on the narrative we are trying to drive home at the time.
          Last edited by Fully; Sun Mar 12, 2017, 12:07 AM.

Comment

• I'm losing faith in Casey. You know what Spoelstra, Stevens, Brett Brown (philly coach I think that's his name), Scott brooks, Popovich all have in common?

Their teams play hard. All the time. This Raptors team hasn't played hard consistently since the new year. For the longest time I've been trying to convince myself that's on the players. More and more I'm thinking it's on Casey and the coaching staff.

Watching Miami play last night, those dudes play fcking hard. If the Raptors matched their intensity and want to win, man, they would have blown them out by 30.

It's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch them get consistently out competed, especially in a playoff run. Masai did his part, and yeah the Lowry injury and Carroll injury sucks, but I'm not seeing the compete levels. And that's the biggest let down for me.

If Casey is losing the room and guys aren't buying in, it might be time for a change. Which couldn't happen at a worse time given all of the free agents this year. Masai has some major decisions to make coming up. This summer we're going to see how much skill Masai really has.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

• Kyle injury, Carroll injury, Pat injury, integrating PJ and integrating Serge. The excuses will fly and Masai will stand pat.

Comment

• The lack of assists is a real concern and something to hold against Casey. We're better at passing than we've shown, but we just pass out of broken isolation plays, as opposed to, passing to initiate offense and create easier shots.
                I know this has been said, I'm just re-affirming it out bc I think it is actually a point of criticism that could lead to Caseys dismissal.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  I'm losing faith in Casey. You know what Spoelstra, Stevens, Brett Brown (philly coach I think that's his name), Scott brooks, Popovich all have in common?

Their teams play hard. All the time. This Raptors team hasn't played hard consistently since the new year. For the longest time I've been trying to convince myself that's on the players. More and more I'm thinking it's on Casey and the coaching staff.

Watching Miami play last night, those dudes play fcking hard. If the Raptors matched their intensity and want to win, man, they would have blown them out by 30.

It's one thing to watch your team lose, it's another to watch them get consistently out competed, especially in a playoff run. Masai did his part, and yeah the Lowry injury and Carroll injury sucks, but I'm not seeing the compete levels. And that's the biggest let down for me.

If Casey is losing the room and guys aren't buying in, it might be time for a change. Which couldn't happen at a worse time given all of the free agents this year. Masai has some major decisions to make coming up. This summer we're going to see how much skill Masai really has.
                  Good points. MU has attached himself to DC though.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                    Good points. MU has attached himself to DC though.
                    Masai kinda got himself into a jam when Casey got to playoffs in his first year. optics would be bad if he fired a coach who got a losing team to win. And then Lowry and co. saved Casey last year by getting to ECFs. Masai was lazy in not firing Casey two seasons ago after that first round exit 2 years in a row. Now he is stuck with a stupid coach after signing him to a second BIGGER deal.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                      I would concur that Casey is a mediocre coach. Not bad. Not great. Mediocre. Accepting that and feeling good about that is another thing entirely.

But enough about Brad Stevens. How about Eric Spoelstra!
                      Mediocre is accurate but good teams don't hold on to mediocre coaches for a reason. Masai's loyalty to Casey has been to a fault. He's been afforded to much time already and if Masai doesn't make a change this summer then I fear that Masai's blind spot will ultimately define his tenure.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Rand wrote: View Post
                        Masai kinda got himself into a jam when Casey got to playoffs in his first year. optics would be bad if he fired a coach who got a losing team to win. And then Lowry and co. saved Casey last year by getting to ECFs. Masai was lazy in not firing Casey two seasons ago after that first round exit 2 years in a row. Now he is stuck with a stupid coach after signing him to a second BIGGER deal.
                        Well if this season ends badly, which unfortunately is a real possibility, then Masai has a reason to fire him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Mediocre is accurate but good teams don't hold on to mediocre coaches for a reason. Masai's loyalty to Casey has been to a fault. He's been afforded to much time already and if Masai doesn't make a change this summer then I fear that Masai's blind spot will ultimately define his tenure.
                          To be fair, This team has improved each year with Casey, kind of hard to fire him when that happens. Masai traded Rudy and almost Lowry, thrn this team went on to make the Playoffs, they got swept by the Wizards in 2015, you had a reason to fire him then, but the team was basically still improving, then 2016, they make the ECF. If things don't end well in this year's Playoffs, thats when I'll start blaming Masai if Casey isn't fired.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                            To be fair, This team has improved each year with Casey, kind of hard to fire him when that happens. Masai traded Rudy and almost Lowry, thrn this team went on to make the Playoffs, they got swept by the Wizards in 2015, you had a reason to fire him then, but the team was basically still improving, then 2016, they make the ECF. If things don't end well in this year's Playoffs, thats when I'll start blaming Masai if Casey isn't fired.
                            After the Wiz series was the most logical time to fire him but really at any time you realize that he isn't going to be capable of being the coach you need is a defendable time.

He hasn't improved as a coach in any way, the same problems that plagued when we sucked, plague us now. That says a lot about the talent of the players leading to wins more than quality coaching. The team doesn't play hard far too often, we get by on talent more than strategy and effort. That's a strong indicator imo.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Didn't the Montreal Canadiens fire their coach this season even though they were first place? Ditto with the Cavs last season.

Comment

• Ball wrote: View Post
                                Didn't the Montreal Canadiens fire their coach this season even though they were first place? Ditto with the Cavs last season.
                                The Cavs firing Blatt was more to do with chemistry issues with him rather than his skills as a coach, the players just didn't like him. Apart from the very rare comment there's no evidence our players dislike Casey though.

Comment

Working...
                                X