No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A team that highlites JV isn't getting out of the second round.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
      In my opinion no, and I say that without hesitation. Lowry is the difference maker on this roster.
      The point guard position is important in the NBA.....A really good point makes a big difference. I think it has more to do with the position than Lowry all by himself.

I actually think one can argue that Demar is the real difference maker now. Top 5 scorer....All-NBA....27 years old and will continue to improve. He's the one who's gonna lead this team moving forward.... He just needs some help.

Demar is now the best player on this team. It showed when Lowry was out.

Take Demar away from this team and Lowry crumbles to pieces because he can't handle the usage like Demar can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        The point guard position is important in the NBA.....A really good point makes a big difference. I think it has more to do with the position than Lowry all by himself.

I actually think one can argue that Demar is the real difference maker now. Top 5 scorer....All-NBA....27 years old and will continue to improve. He's the one who's gonna lead this team moving forward.... He just needs some help.

Take Demar away from this team and Lowry crumbles to pieces because he can't handle the usage like Demar can.

DeMar definitely deserves praise for picking up the scoring slack while Lowry was out.

But it's hard to ignore DeRozan's +/- stats, especially during the playoffs. Worst on the team. That's not an anomaly. That says something about relying on DeRozan as the alpha male.

DeRozan's a useful player, but despite the yearly improvements to his game, there's still something preventing him from being a truly elite NBA player. Whether that's his poor defense, his lack of 3pt range, his over-reliance on FTs, etc., I honestly don't know.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
          The one thing you never want as fans is the treadmill. It usually leads to failure longer than you want it to, and it leaves you feeling empty.

Look.... the grass isn't always greener on the other side. But Masai should know it's better to tear down right now. The chips for a younger core with depth are already in place. Instead of bringing back the aging veterans, he should embrace the youth movement along with a new Coach. Why plant a lemon tree when you got oranges already?
          If we tank, when will be legitimate title contenders? 3 yrs? 5 yrs? or more?

Masai is fucked in having a realistic chance at a title, no matter what he does. Cleveland is the present powerhouse. As much as some here want to be delusional about it, the Celtics and to a lesser extent the 76ers will become the new powerhouses in a few years. Odds are, it could well be 8-10 years, even with a well executed tank and a lot of luck, before the Raptors would be legitimate challengers for an NBA title.

As for the bold, fans who don't pay for season tickets are the fans who hate treadmilling a lot more than those who do, for a myriad of reasons. Tearing down a 50 win team is a last resort, not the first option in any front office.
          Last edited by 3inthekeon; Fri May 19, 2017, 02:23 PM.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• ALL-NBA but, not elite...
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              ALL-NBA but, not elite...
              Nikola Jokic got as many 1st team votes as Curry.

All-NBA is just as silly as all-star selections.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post

DeMar is a good player and nobody should be saying otherwise. And yes, his consistency gives him an edge over Lowry in what he has meant to this team, but when Lowry is healthy and playing well, he is by far the better of the two players. Lowry when he is on his game is at a level that DeMar has yet to reach. I'm with you in hoping DeMar gets there with steady improvements.

Comment

ALL-NBA but, not elite...
                  Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Nikola Jokic got as many 1st team votes as Curry.

All-NBA is just as silly as all-star selections.
                  Demar is now tied with David Lee for All-NBA selections; I think that alone proves that the selection itself doesn't demonstrate merit to be considered elite.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Jokic is elite.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• RR where accolades lose meaning as soon as Debo wins it. Wonder what you guys will say if Deebo ever wins MVP.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri May 19, 2017, 05:16 PM.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        A team that highlites JV isn't getting out of the second round.
                        Really? Because the only postseason where we made it through to the 3rd round was the one where he was our best player until he got injured midway through the 2nd round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Really? Because the only postseason where we made it through to the 3rd round was the one where he was our best player until he got injured midway through the 2nd round.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                          That's true but JV wasn't really highlighted by the team then either. I was actually a little disappointed with JV in this years playoffs. I thought playoff JV would show up but he didn't for whatever reason.

Comment

• #FireCasey

LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            DeMar is a good player and nobody should be saying otherwise. And yes, his consistency gives him an edge over Lowry in what he has meant to this team, but when Lowry is healthy and playing well, he is by far the better of the two players. Lowry when he is on his game is at a level that DeMar has yet to reach. I'm with you in hoping DeMar gets there with steady improvements.
                            Again..... One can argue that Demar has already reached that level. All-star starter and All-NBA says something.

Earlier in the season and while Lowry was out, Demar was consistently playing at a level that I haven't seen Lowry reach. Demar was looking like MJ out there!

No longer could teams put a long defender on Demar and shut him down. Teams now had to consistently double/triple team Demar just to slow him down. It still didn't shut him down, even without Lowry out there.....

Don't get me wrong....Lowry is a great player. He's a great 3 point shooter and a bulldog. But he has his limitations just as Demar has his...

To me, the difference is that Demar scores at WILL while Lowry hasn't reached that level. Not to mention the strides that he's made with regards to his playmaking and passing.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Lowry became an all-star at 29 years old, all-NBA at 30..... Demar has yet to turn 28 and he's already a 3 time all-star, all-NBA level player.

Last edited by special1; Fri May 19, 2017, 07:15 PM.

Comment

RR where accolades lose meaning as soon as Debo wins it. Wonder what you guys will say if Deebo ever wins MVP.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                              Axel isn't wrong. Derozan had a great season, but he isn't truly elite until he is able to be in the All-NBA team consistently. There have been players who won it once because they've had a great season and then never again. David Lee and Carlos Boozer for example. Same goes for All-stars, Mo Williams, Jameer Nelson were All-stars once, would you consider them stars?

Comment

RR where accolades lose meaning as soon as Debo wins it. Wonder what you guys will say if Deebo ever wins MVP.
                                Winning an award like 3rd team All-NBA isn't a be all end all proof of anything is the point. It's only part of a much bigger picture (hence why no one ever thought David Lee was elite despite winning the same award). Playoff success is a part (mixed bag with some real duds and couple of gems). Elevating your team and leading (not so great there). Playing defence on occasion wouldn't hurt either.

So yeah, Demar won All-NBA 3rd team, great personal accomplishment. That award doesn't make him elite and based on how the season ended, I don't see any other evidence that would support the claim.
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X