#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Forget interim coach for a sec. Who's the long term guy that should coach this team?
    I assume it would be someone mentioned in this article: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...s-watch-summer

I don't see Masai going after a big name former head coach type, and honestly with the recent success of plenty of rookie or inexperienced head coaches I don't think thats a bad thing.

Comment

• If that's the case, we could see Udoka take the job.
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• Guys, let's see what the team looks like with Ibaka here and Pat back. They've looked defeated a lot because they know the PF position is screwing them over no matter how hard they play. It's no excuse, but still.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I agree with Dan H. If Ibaka and 2Pat can turn the tide then it may help to settle whatever issues there seem to be in the locker room with Lowry and Casey. Winning solves a lot of issues.

It's not going to resolve these wacky rotations and odd benchings of players when they are hot, but it can go a long way towards a successful playoff run.

Regarding potential replacements for Casey (if he gets canned), I think you need a vet or a former player turned coach to get Lowry's full respect. Event at the best of times he didn't seem overly committed to Casey.

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
            Casey is starting to take blame in interviews. But we all know he won't change.
            That's ... very uncharacteristic.
            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
              Guys, let's see what the team looks like with Ibaka here and Pat back. They've looked defeated a lot because they know the PF position is screwing them over no matter how hard they play. It's no excuse, but still.
              I hope you're right. And I have given Casey the benefit of the doubt here for a few seasons, but if your best player isn't on the same page as the coach then that is a difficult problem to overcome. Ibaka and Patterson can certainly alleviate some issues, but they will not effectively change the way the team plays. The approach will still be the same. And the team may need some changes to how they play. The 4th Q's are getting ridiculous. And you know yourself, JV needs to be in the game for 30+ minutes, but Casey doesn't seem to have any interest in that for some reason.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                I think Casey has COMPLETELY lost the room. It's pretty obvious. Just listen to Lowry's comments the other night.
                If true there is no reason to wait for first round exit.

Comment

Guys, let's see what the team looks like with Ibaka here and Pat back. They've looked defeated a lot because they know the PF position is screwing them over no matter how hard they play. It's no excuse, but still.
                  Even with some incremental improvements come crunch time D.C. will revert to who he is.

Comment

You could convince me that between national team commitments, the late (and intense) playoff run last spring, the insane + extremely high workload carried by Lowry in particular but also DeMar, + the extra stress/work of being short staffed for nearly two months now + much more losing than these guys are used to as a team....maybe they're just flat worn out mid-season and need a break.

Some of these signs are also the same as lockerroom trouble though, we'll know by a handful of games into post-AS if this is carrying through or if rest + Ibaka + health helps, problem is by then there's only 20-ish games left.

Tough call, Masai would have a better view of what's going on than we do, though.
                    "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• As badly as I want Casey fired I just don't see Masai doing it before the offseason. It's not the kind of thing he'd do. Sadly we're going to have to wait until the summer to find out if Casey gets canned. Problem is, if we play well and somehow recover and get to the ECF again, maybe he won't get fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Maury wrote: View Post
                        As badly as I want Casey fired I just don't see Masai doing it before the offseason. It's not the kind of thing he'd do. Sadly we're going to have to wait until the summer to find out if Casey gets canned. Problem is, if we play well and somehow recover and get to the ECF again, maybe he won't get fired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        The only thing that would force his hand is if this extremely deflated play from the last few games keeps up. If they recover from it, there won't be any changes.
                        "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• big boi wrote: View Post
                          Casey is not a good NBA head coach. Many of us have been saying that for years. Winning or not winning. I have never seen us being able to take the next step with Casey. Respectability sure, but championship level, no. With our roster we need all the help / any advantage we can getand mist nights we don't have a head coach advantage.
                          I agree with these comments, Casey should have been let go last year but it takes a GM with balls to make such a gutsy move. The writing has been on the wall all these years, this guy is a simpleton when it comes to coaching. His schemes are so high school like it's just not funny. Toronto wins a lot of games because of the heroics of the two all stars that we have but that is about it. ( please listen to Chris Webers comment on Toronto's offence) Masai shares some blame here to, this team needs serious upgrades. A stretch four, a reliable 3 that can shoot the ball and a NEW COACH. Hopefully Ibaka is able to contribute as a stretch four, but again you still have Casey .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                            I have been a Casey supporter for the longest time and still am. But even I don't think he is in the upper echelon. He's a good coach but not an elite strategist.

Much like the drop off between the contenders (Cav's, Warriors, Spurs) and everyone else in the league, I would suggest there an equal drop off between Popovich and everyone else.
                            Casey a good coach??? Sheeeeesh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

• This should be getting more play. Tom Sterner listened to a 10 second clip of Lowry and then un-prompted, he went into a character assassination of Lowry, while defending of Casey and critiquing of Masai for not making trades. That has to be reverberating through the dressing room and Lowry must be steaming after working hard to change his reputation as coach-killer.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...casey-1.670307

Comment

• OT - The Montreal Canadiens fired their head coach yesterday because according to the GM, he felt that the team needed a change. The Habs still sits #1 in their division even with all their recent struggles.

The Raptors on the other hand have now lost 11 of their last 15 games. They just lost 3 straight to the TWolves, Pistons and the Bulls. All MEDIOCRE teams. After sitting in 2nd place all year, they are now 5th in the Conference.

What is Masai doing?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X