#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
    In fairness, JV also brought it on D in the Miami series. His d-rating in the 3 Miami games were 88, 91, and 94. If JV plays D, he will stay on the floor and get more shots. If he's -150 it doesn't matter if he's 4-4 in the first quarter he's gonna be sitting down.
    JV's on-court DRTG was 89 in last game, lowest on the team outside of Van Vleet who played only 8 minutes.

In the 4th Q, in a game where he had the best DRTG on the team, shot perfect from the floor and had a favourable matchup, he got zero minutes. There is no logic to it. If there was anything he could do to earn those minutes, he did it in this game. But evidently, he did not. As such, it has nothing to do with how he is playing on either end or matchups. It's just... what it is, I guess.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Rudy Bargnani wrote: View Post
      In fairness, JV also brought it on D in the Miami series. His d-rating in the 3 Miami games were 88, 91, and 94. If JV plays D, he will stay on the floor and get more shots. If he's -150 it doesn't matter if he's 4-4 in the first quarter he's gonna be sitting down.
      JV's on-court DRTG was 89 in last game, lowest on the team outside of Van Vleet who played only 8 minutes.

In the 4th Q, in a game where he had the best DRTG on the team, shot perfect from the floor and had a favourable matchup, he got zero minutes. There is no logic to it. If there was anything he could do to earn those minutes, he did it in this game. But evidently, he did not. As such, it has nothing to do with how he is playing on either end or matchups. It's just... what it is, I guess.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• The smart thing to do would be to give Casey an extension now to instill confidence in the team for the stretch run.
        K, bye.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post

He was fantastic against the bucks I completely agree he deserved more time based on how he was in that game. Unfortunately the 2 games before that his DRTG was 149 and 136 and he was on a short leash, destined to be benched early. Casey clearly holds him to a different standard than other players that struggle with consistency. I said this in another thread, but I feel if he plays well on D multiple games in a row he will earn more minutes. Unfortunately it seems like every strong game is followed up by a game where he's efficient on offense but weak on D.

JV needs to be more consistent on D. Scola is gone, Siakam is out of the rotation, yet JV has a 115 DRTG since the trade and his DRTG is worse this season than its ever been. He can be elite on the offensive end, and the team needs that with Lowry out. He won't get a chance though if Casey doesn't know which JV is going to show up.
          Last edited by Rudy Bargnani; Mon Mar 6, 2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/838855516822638593

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              https://twitter.com/JLew1050/status/838855516822638593

Comment

• Odin wrote: View Post

I really don't count Sullinger. He was injured at the start of the season, came back, barely played and then got traded.

Comment

• That's ridiculous, Sullinger was pencilled in as the starting PF.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
                    That's ridiculous, Sullinger was pencilled in as the starting PF.
                    It's strange raptors replied to him at all, usually teams are content with a narrative that they've been "banged up" in a given year, especially when wins are down a little.
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• 6-2 without Lowry get the crow ready

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I was getting ready to yell at Casey and he goes and plays JV in the 4th, nice move.

Comment

• 5 and 2 since the trade.

Comment

• I'm hoping Casey doesn't run Tucker and Ibaka to the ground before the playoffs, already starting to see these 36+ minute games for them.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
                              I'm hoping Casey doesn't run Tucker and Ibaka to the ground before the playoffs, already starting to see these 36+ minute games for them.
                              It worries me a lot for Ibaka. He's looked gassed at times. Even last night on a game after several days off.

Then again, even at those minutes Casey does a pitiful job staggering rotations in general and that can't be helping.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                It worries me a lot for Ibaka. He's looked gassed at times. Even last night on a game after several days off.

Then again, even at those minutes Casey does a pitiful job staggering rotations in general and that can't be helping.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                Getting to be way too reliant on Ibaka-at-C lineups. They are tough on him - he's a big PF but heavy minutes at C are too much for him.

Give JV 30 MPG, Pat 30 MPG and Ibaka 30 MPG plus 6 MPG of Tucker playing PF. Easy peasy.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X