#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Yes, but if they keep playing the way they are now, that series won't go longer than four games.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Well, yeah, obviously. And then we can judge them on that. No need to get into hypotheticals now.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
      Well, yeah, obviously. And then we can judge them on that. No need to get into hypotheticals now.
      All the discussions that happen on this forum (and indeed, any forum) only serve to fuel our passion and quench our desire to discuss that which we enjoy. In other words, there's no "need" for any of it.

Need I remind you though, that the "hypotheticals" originated from your own post?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• People think the problem is Casey when in big picture he is the least.

The biggest problem is Giannis.....and the Bucks.

We could have matched up with ANYONE else in 5-8 and we would have looked much better and I would have even still believed we were some borderline contender just a single move a way from KO'ing the King. But we are being viciously torn up by his predecesser, who is rev'ing and ready to try and take his first shot at snatching the crown from Bron's head. Even if by some crazy miracle we won this series (which I highly, highly doubt) it's meaningless because within TWO years the East and maybe the league is Giannis'....we unfortunately are serving as the warning signal to the rest of the league.

We are a damn good team, problem is Giannis and the Bucks got next and the only thing standing b/w them in the future is Simmons/Embiid, not us or Casey lol

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          From the perspective of pretty much everything he's been phenomenal. But losing Lowry while continuing to stand by Casey would be a huge issue to me.I would not be able to get past it I don't think. And anchoring himself to Casey could be what eventually costs him his job.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
          Well, he'll only get fired if the team starts losing and they stop selling out the ACC. But given what he's accomplished, he's probably bought himself a 3-4 year window of mediocre attendance - enough time for him to climb out of a hole. And that's assuming a worst case scenario. I don't see how Casey could end up ruining him.
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
            Well, he'll only get fired if the team starts losing and they stop selling out the ACC. But given what he's accomplished, he's probably bought himself a 3-4 year window of mediocre attendance - enough time for him to climb out of a hole. And that's assuming a worst case scenario. I don't see how Casey could end up ruining him.
            You never know in sports. Money is big, and things can turn ugly fast. By not making a change sooner, he could actually be lessening the goodwill he gets from the higher ups. And one ugly season could change everything (which could very well be next season depending on changes we see this summer).

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              From the perspective of pretty much everything he's been phenomenal. But losing Lowry while continuing to stand by Casey would be a huge issue to me. I would not be able to get past it I don't think. And anchoring himself to Casey could be what eventually costs him his job.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
              If things are as bad with Casey and Lowry as some say then perhaps only one will be back next season. And I don't rule out that the person returning could be Casey if there is a suitable replacement out there for Lowry.

Comment

• If this goes down the tubes, and Casey is retained, honestly, I don't see Lowry coming back anyways. And if Lowry leaves, then I think it's likely that Ibaka finds somewhere else to play as well. And then it doesn't even really matter if we keep Patterson and Tucker does it?

And I'm on the fence, and as Axel said this team will be at a crossroads if they don't turn it around, starting with game 4. Clearly, this team doesn't have the right game plan to deal with the Bucks tenacious and lengthy defence (I'm giving the Bucks alot of credit here, and they deserve it, their D has been tremendous). So if we lose this series, can MU sell the board on changing coaches and still roll with this group? That will be a tough sell...let's go into the tax cause I'm sure Weltman and I have built a great team, we just need to change philosophy on the court and we can be great. Meanwhile, we'll have to chew Casey's remaining 2 years and put faith into his replacement. I don't know, gonna be a f'd up offseason if we don't get out of this round.

Also, I think we'd have an easier time dealing with the Cavs than these Bucks. Not saying we would win, but the Cavs can't play D like this Bucks team, their trapping and rotations have been fast and aggressive, and even when we have moved the ball we haven't been able to get much out of it, at least in games 1 and 3. I think the Bucks D was off a little in game 2.

Oh, and I highly doubt MU gets canned if this continues to go to shit. He's the pres, and if they can him, then all the dominoes will fall...Weltman, Casey and the rest of the staff, Lowry and Ibaka will likely walk, Demar will likely be traded etc.

Comment

• The talent is on the roster. No over the top talent like a LeBron or Harden, but lots of good players. For a franchise that has difficulty attracting top tier players this might be as good as it gets, so it's going to be a tough sell blow it up and start over. I don't think it's necessary either. Their performance thus far in the playoffs doesn't have anything to do with lack of talent, it's been the inability to play up to their talent.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                    The talent is on the roster. No over the top talent like a LeBron or Harden, but lots of good players. For a franchise that has difficulty attracting top tier players this might be as good as it gets, so it's going to be a tough sell blow it up and start over. I don't think it's necessary either. Their performance thus far in the playoffs doesn't have anything to do with lack of talent, it's been the inability to play up to their talent.
                    My impression of the Raps ceiling was a rich man's grit-and-grind Memphis Grizzlies with way more depth of talent in a much weaker conference. We'd make it to the conference finals every once in a while and if everything broke perfectly, we could sneak into the Finals and get steamrolled. And I'd be okay with that.

But there's something else going on here and I really would like to hear how Casey himself would explain it. Because if there's one point he's been a broken record on since he's been here it's that "you need veterans to win in the NBA."

So when you see experienced veteran players capitulate and completely lose their confidence against rookies, either they are extremely mentally weak, or they are being sent into battle un-prepared. Which is it? Probably both.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                      If this goes down the tubes, and Casey is retained, honestly, I don't see Lowry coming back anyways. And if Lowry leaves, then I think it's likely that Ibaka finds somewhere else to play as well. And then it doesn't even really matter if we keep Patterson and Tucker does it?

And I'm on the fence, and as Axel said this team will be at a crossroads if they don't turn it around, starting with game 4. Clearly, this team doesn't have the right game plan to deal with the Bucks tenacious and lengthy defence (I'm giving the Bucks alot of credit here, and they deserve it, their D has been tremendous). So if we lose this series, can MU sell the board on changing coaches and still roll with this group? That will be a tough sell...let's go into the tax cause I'm sure Weltman and I have built a great team, we just need to change philosophy on the court and we can be great. Meanwhile, we'll have to chew Casey's remaining 2 years and put faith into his replacement. I don't know, gonna be a f'd up offseason if we don't get out of this round.

Also, I think we'd have an easier time dealing with the Cavs than these Bucks. Not saying we would win, but the Cavs can't play D like this Bucks team, their trapping and rotations have been fast and aggressive, and even when we have moved the ball we haven't been able to get much out of it, at least in games 1 and 3. I think the Bucks D was off a little in game 2.

Oh, and I highly doubt MU gets canned if this continues to go to shit. He's the pres, and if they can him, then all the dominoes will fall...Weltman, Casey and the rest of the staff, Lowry and Ibaka will likely walk, Demar will likely be traded etc.
                      Good analysis. This series reminds me of Raptors vs Nets in 2005 . I think Casey will get canned and Lowry will be resigned for slightly less than max if we lose to Bucks.

Comment

• Casey bucks the trend by adapting with uber-unorthodox small-ball frontcourt of Powell, Carroll, Ibaka...I guess the question is, does he get any credit for it?

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                          Casey bucks the trend by adapting with uber-unorthodox small-ball frontcourt of Powell, Carroll, Ibaka...I guess the question is, does he get any credit for it?
                          Crickets after wins.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• I think Casey has been approaching Powell as a 'break glass in case of emergency' plan. He might have wanted to save it for a later round, but there's something about having a starting lineup that nobody has really seen before, and using it in a situation where the other team needs to make adjustments to it late in a playoff series. It's easy to say 'well he should have just had Norm playing a bigger role all along. But then who's to say that if he plays Powell big minutes out of the gate, Milwaukee hasn't already adjusted to him by now? If that was Casey's intention, to have a wrinkle he could throw at the Bucks later in the series, it's pretty masterful.

Or maybe Casey just got desperate and lucky.

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              Casey bucks the trend by adapting with uber-unorthodox small-ball frontcourt of Powell, Carroll, Ibaka...I guess the question is, does he get any credit for it?
                              if i start my house on fire and then put it out do i get credit for it?

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                if i start my house on fire and then put it out do i get credit for it?

You've though taking JV out of the starting line up and replacing him with Norm was a no brainer all along eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X