#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lewro wrote: View Post
    Imo that man is Jay Wright. Don't know if he would leave nova?
    Jay Wright would be an awesome hire.. just don't see him leaving Nova either.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
      Jay Wright would be an awesome hire.. just don't see him leaving Nova either.
      Outside of Brad Stevens, who's overrated either way, when's the last time a college to NBA hire helped push a team over the edge?

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Why assume that rookie coaches can't win now? Please see Steve Kerr.
        I could have coached that team to a Championship. Having superstar players up and down your line up makes you look like a great coach.

Comment

• CNinja26 wrote: View Post
          I could have coached that team to a Championship. Having superstar players up and down your line up makes you look like a great coach.
          Yeah, Luke Walton and now Mike Brown have all stepped into the head coaching role seamlessly and it's not because Kerr set up a kick ass system.

Comment

• Deems wrote: View Post
            Outside of Brad Stevens, who's overrated either way, when's the last time a college to NBA hire helped push a team over the edge?
            Considering only a handful of teams have won a championship in the NBA it's tough to debate this fact. Most teams that hire an NCAA coach are going through a rebuild as well. I just love that Wright has a solid relationship with our star PG. He's also been very successful in the NCAA recently. But you could make a claim that hiring *any* coach is a bad idea too since most tend to fail rather than succeed.

But I think it's worth a shot.. especially if the Raptors fail to get to the ECF again. And they have to beat the Lebron's to make that happen.

However with the $$$ issues Masai has to face this summer.. I doubt he or MLSE would be willing to eat $12M of his salary. So Casey is probably here to stay whether we like it or we don't.

Comment

Yea using Steve Kerr and the Warriors isn't a great comparison at all.

Luke Walton coached that team to 39-4 as interim head coach to start the year while Steve Kerr was on a leave of absence. This was the year they set the wins record I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                Yea using Steve Kerr and the Warriors isn't a great comparison at all.

Luke Walton coached that team to 39-4 as interim head coach to start the year while Steve Kerr was on a leave of absence. This was the year they set the wins record I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Yup. I think Steve is a good coach, but I don't think he's a great coach. I think Pop, Spo, Snyder, Stevens, and Carlisle are great coaches.

Comment

You must be a better NBA coach than Mark Jackson then.

Comment

Why assume that rookie coaches can't win now? Please see Steve Kerr.
                    Is there a two time MVP on this team? Kerr is the exception not the rule. So you want coach that has no playoffs experience to guide you through the playoffs? That makes a lot of sense.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      By shook I mean looking like a bunch of HS players in a must(kinda)-win game.
                      It's not a coach issue if your star players shrink under the bright light.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                        Is there a two time MVP on this team? Kerr is the exception not the rule. So you want coach that has no playoffs experience to guide you through the playoffs? That makes a lot of sense.

I'm not saying I want a rookie coach. I'm saying that the idea of a rookie coach doesn't need to be dismissed immediately, simply because he's a rookie coach.

Edit: The Raps are no longer a "young" team. They're a playoff tested team that has (almost) seen it all. What more lessons can any coach teach them about the playoffs, that they don't already know?
                        Last edited by Nilanka; Wed Apr 26, 2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                          We all know that Casey is great motivator, but is he really? Way too many times our team looked shook over the last few years. Not blaming Casey, but it's worth debating.
                          I've always questioned the "Casey is a great motivator" narrative. To me, motivating is convincing people to do things they should do, not things they want to do, or enjoy doing. Like getting the team to consistently play defense and move the ball. Casey always complains about those 2 things to the media.

IMO, it seems like Casey motivates mostly using the carrot, not the stick (except for JV, lol). Apparently the agreement is that Kyle and Demar can do whatever they want on offense, like not passing to anybody except themselves, as long as they play defense. But when KL/DD don't actually play defense, there does not seem to be much accountability. That's like telling your kids that they have to eat their vegetables if they want ice cream, but then still giving them their ice cream when they don't.

Fortunately, PJ arrived just in time to get into Demar's face.... thanks to Masai.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                            I've always questioned the "Casey is a great motivator" narrative. To me, motivating is convincing people to do things they should do, not things they want to do, or enjoy doing. Like getting the team to consistently play defense and move the ball. Casey always complains about those 2 things to the media.

IMO, it seems like Casey motivates mostly using the carrot, not the stick (except for JV, lol). Apparently the agreement is that Kyle and Demar can do whatever they want on offense, like not passing to anybody except themselves, as long as they play defense. But when KL/DD don't actually play defense, there does not seem to be much accountability. That's like telling your kids that they have to eat their vegetables if they want ice cream, but then still giving them their ice cream when they don't.

Fortunately, PJ arrived just in time to get into Demar's face.... thanks to Masai.
                            Its funny. The team never plays motivated until their backs are against the wall, like if they are down 15 or down 2-1 in a series, so not sure how much of a "motivator" Casey is.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                              Its funny. The team never plays motivated until their backs are against the wall, like if they are down 15 or down 2-1 in a series, so not sure how much of a "motivator" Casey is.
                              LOL, that's called going on a run. What has this thread come to?

Comment

I'm not saying I want a rookie coach. I'm saying that the idea of a rookie coach doesn't need to be dismissed immediately, simply because he's a rookie coach.

Edit: The Raps are no longer a "young" team. They're a playoff tested team that has (almost) seen it all. What more lessons can any coach teach them about the playoffs, that they don't already know?
                                Raptors a still one of thr youngest teams in the league. When you calculate the average age of everyone. This is still a young team. Only Lowry/PJ/Carroll are over 30. Everyone else is between 21-28.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X