#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Casey, though, made one indefensible blunder by not starting Tucker the whole time. It's no coincidence that the only game that was the competitive was the one Tucker started.
    Game 3 was competitive just couldn't sustain.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• ogi wrote: View Post
      Honestly it's not brad Stevens, it's not dwane Casey, it's lebron James just dominating.
      They lost by 44 points. Everyone on the roster gets blame even Stevens. The guy start Gerald Green and at half switch back to Amir. After Amir didn't play the whole first half. Why exactly was Green going to help? Really didn't get that move.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Game 3 was competitive just couldn't sustain.

When I say competitive, I mean competitive for the entire game.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

When I say competitive, I mean competitive for the entire game.
          They lost control of the game when we usually have our best lineup out there. If Lowry is there I dont think lose control off that game within the 2 first of the 4th. It is what it is though.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

They lost control of the game when we usually have our best lineup out there. If Lowry is there I dont think lose control off that game within the 2 first of the 4th. It is what it is though.

Two games without Lowry; the one that was competitive the whole way was the one where they started Tucker. You honestly don't think he should have been starting the whole series?
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Biggest lead in the series was when we started Tucker: led by 11 in that game. Otherwise, the biggest lead was 5.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Two games without Lowry; the one that was competitive the whole way was the one where they started Tucker. You honestly don't think he should have been starting the whole series?
                I don't think it makes a difference in the w/l column. PJ was on the court at the beginning of that 4th Q in game 3 when we lose the game. Also the way Cleveland was trapping you needed some like Powell to make plays. Game 4 Cavs werent trapping as much. PJ also didn't shoot the ball that well in the playoffs.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

I don't think it makes a difference in the w/l column. PJ was on the court at the beginning of that 4th Q in game 3 when we lose the game. Also the way Cleveland was trapping you needed some like Powell to make plays. Game 4 Cavs werent trapping as much. PJ also didn't shoot the ball that well in the playoffs.
                  So if that's your team, you don't start Tucker the whole way?
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

So if that's your team, you don't start Tucker the whole way?
                    Is Lowry healthy the whole way? If he is I do start PJ. If not than I go with Powell. A lot more would go into the decision too. Like how the players are currently playing. PJ wasnt playing all that well going into the Cavs series. Whereas Powell had not miss a 3 yet.

Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Sat May 20, 2017, 11:38 AM.
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                      Jokic was listed as a centre as a prospect before he got drafted. He's listed at centre everywhere you can find him now. He's played the overwhelming majority of his minutes at C since he got to the NBA. Like 95%. Calling him a power forward to fit your argument is practically the definition of an arbitrary determination.
                      It's not to fit my argument, but if it untwists your panties feel free to call him a C. Nobody in their right mind would put him as a comparable for guys like Gasol, JV, Drummond, Cousins, Jordan, Lopez, Towns, Embiid, Gobert, etc...

He's a small ball C because if you played slow with him as your only big, you'd get destroyed on the inside. To me that makes him better to compare to guys like Davis, Millsap, Bosh, etc.

He and Turner(Turner more of a C then Jokic) are on the fringes there, as both have looked too slow to play PF in today's game, but too small/weak to play full time C. Both their teams try to play small and fast in the hopes of forcing the other team to match up with a less physically imposing big.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        A short list if you are counting guys who play big, so true Cs. That means you leave out guys like Davis or Jokic, who fit better in smaller/faster lineups. *They'd also take too much of a beating if they always have to play bigger guys.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                        I think its the fact that the smaller/faster lineups are dominating the league that makes this discussion interesting. The Cavs don't really have a true C. Thompson came in as a PF I believe, and the Cavs quickly realized they were better off with him at C and moving on from Mozgov. This isn't a great example, given Mozgov is no where near the level of the leagues top C's, and Thompson has the size and strength to hold his own with just about anyone in the league. And of course, they have LBJ who can change the dynamics of the game regardless of opponent.

But if I'm making decisions for the Pelicans, no way I'm not moving Cousins and I'm playing Davis at C. No way I'm not playing Jokic at C if I'm the Nuggets. If I'm Phil, I'm thinking about playing Porzingis at C as well. Against most teams in the league, you need to be quick and you need to be able to guard the perimeter. That's almost as important as limiting your opponents opportunities for offensive rebounds, if not more. It's impossible for just wings and guards to be able to defend the perimeter sufficiently in the league these days. The ball handler usually has the advantage and it's extremely difficult to guard without fouling. Any amount of contact at all is often enough to induce a whistle blow. It sucks but that's the reality of the situation.

When you look league wide and you're trying to build a team, who are you most worried about? Guys like Drummond, JV, Adams, Gortat, even D Jordan aren't even on the radar. And does anyone really care about the damage that might be inflicted by Brook Lopez? I'm not even sure that most teams are worried about the likes of Gasol or Cousins, big bodies with diverse skill sets that can dominate your offence.

It's really all coming down to how you can defend the perimeter and the 3 point line, and to do that effectively you have to be able to snuff out PnR action. And that requires bigs that move and hedge and rotate and recover. Most of the top C's in the game just aren't cut out for it. Even if they are scoring easily inside, if you can drag them away from the paint and get good looks from 3 you can easily make up the points and even have a good shot at your own offensive boards as those guys are no longer in great position to rebound. The biggest worry would be your defensive rebounding and keeping those guys off the glass. That's where guys like Davis might get banged up playing against the likes of a Drummond. And really, if that becomes a problem during a game, then perhaps you got a guy on the bench you can deploy that may be better suited to slowing the opposing teams C down.

Maybe in a few years things could change if guys like Towns and Embiid dominate and their teams actually start to win games. But right now, you gotta wonder if a guy like JV is best suited to a bench role. I have no issues starting Ibaka at C, but I would like to have more than Patterson or Siakim beside him. Rebounding could be an issue depending on who is your 4, but again, quick deployment of JV may mitigate any damage inflicted by the bigger bodies.

All that being said, I'd like to see JV (if he isn't moved) continue to start and use him more as pick and pop shooter as well as in the PnR. I do believe there are more opportunities to effectively use JV, but I'm not sure it will really make a hell of alot of difference in the long run against the best teams.

Comment

• This thread has cracked 7000 posts--- there must be something to it.

Comment

• In theory, Davis and Cousins could be pretty good together - just sayin'

Comment

• SkywalkerAC wrote: View Post
                              In theory, Davis and Cousins could be pretty good together - just sayin'
                              true, that team is in serious need of wings and guards.

Comment

• JawsGT wrote: View Post
                                true, that team is in serious need of wings and guards.
                                I'm sure they know that as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X