No announcement yet.

#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Risky move to fire the coach at this point of the season. If Casey has lost the locker room as many are saying then that's a different story. It might just be a Casey and Lowry thing and not a Casey and rest of the team thing. I suppose Lowry is the locker rooms since the teams goes as he does.

Not a great place to be in if you are Masai or Casey being tied to a franchise player that is as tempermental as him...and on a contract year. Basically have to give him whatever he wants.

Comment

• After more than 5k posts, I think we've outlined in circles why Casey should be fired. Imo only thing left is when and who?

Depending on the outcome, I think it's this summer and its internal or someone off our radar.

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
        Risky move to fire the coach at this point of the season. If Casey has lost the locker room as many are saying then that's a different story. It might just be a Casey and Lowry thing and not a Casey and rest of the team thing. I suppose Lowry is the locker rooms since the teams goes as he does.

Not a great place to be in if you are Masai or Casey being tied to a franchise player that is as tempermental as him...and on a contract year. Basically have to give him whatever he wants.
        Temperamental players (to name a few): Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul

Spare me.
        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
          This should be getting more play. Tom Sterner listened to a 10 second clip of Lowry and then un-prompted, he went into a character assassination of Lowry, while defending of Casey and critiquing of Masai for not making trades. That has to be reverberating through the dressing room and Lowry must be steaming after working hard to change his reputation as coach-killer.

http://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050...casey-1.670307
          Rightly or wrongly its easier and way cheaper to find a basketball coach than a 3 time allstar PG. Think Kyle got traded out of Memphis because they bet the farm on Conley picking him 4th overall and in Houston both he and Dragic left. He is a lot of things but he hasn't been up to this point a coach killer.

Both Lowry and Casey are stubborn in their views and this is a clash of wills on how the game is getting played. Lowry thinks Caseys approach is not working and is throwing his hands up. Casey is almost dogmatic in his personnel choices and sets.

As has been heard .. something has to give.

History says it will be the coach.
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

• I honestly think Lowry is in the right here. He's realizing that Casey isn't the answer to success. Lowry wants more than anything to have a LEGACY. You can sense that with his play this season & last, and he's realizing Casey isn't pushing the needle anymore. Lowry is 30, and if he keeps up his minutes... he'll be able to play 7 to 10 years more at the least, barring a major injury. He's also a Top 5 PG & should finish in the Top 10 for MVP votes once again if we do turn this season around. He knows his prime is ticking, & that this team needs to get everyone involved on offense.... and the playbook needs to change.
            Axel wrote:
            Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
            KeonClark wrote:
            We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
            KeonClark wrote:
            I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• One game 2 go before the Allstar, perfect time 2 fire him..just listen 2 the players,holy f@ck. If ujiri sticks with him,they will drop and might not even make the playoffs..#Fire Casey..
              "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
              My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                Temperamental players (to name a few): Lebron James, Russell Westbrook, James Harden, Michael Jordan, Gary Payton, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant, Chris Paul

Spare me.
                So...it's a good place to be in? If it's the cost of retaining Lowry then bye-bye Casey.

Comment

• Here's the thing I'm having trouble understanding from Lowry's perspective. Ok, let's all agree that he's annoyed with Casey's coaching limitations. Lowry's a smart guy. If he feels there's a better play to run in crunch time than a DeRozan ISO, can't he just call this better play, and completely ignore the call from the bench?

I mean, if Lowry's at this alleged breaking point, why continue to follow Casey's playbook? Why not gamble by going rogue?

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                    I honestly think Lowry is in the right here. He's realizing that Casey isn't the answer to success. Lowry wants more than anything to have a LEGACY. You can sense that with his play this season & last, and he's realizing Casey isn't pushing the needle anymore. Lowry is 30, and if he keeps up his minutes... he'll be able to play 7 to 10 years more at the least, barring a major injury. He's also a Top 5 PG & should finish in the Top 10 for MVP votes once again if we do turn this season around. He knows his prime is ticking, & that this team needs to get everyone involved on offense.... and the playbook needs to change.
                    Not that I disagree about needing a new coach if this is the final roster that you expect to contend with part, but if he wants to get others involved on offense then why does he need a new coach to tell him to do that? He's the PG and leader of the team. He can make those decisions on the court. He can tell his best bud that his shot isn't falling and suggest that he pass it instead of taking a tough, contested shot. This teams fortunes are tied to Lowry, not Casey.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      Here's the thing I'm having trouble understanding from Lowry's perspective. Ok, let's all agree that he's annoyed with Casey's coaching limitations. Lowry's a smart guy. If he feels there's a better play to run in crunch time than a DeRozan ISO, can't he just call this better play, and completely ignore the call from the bench?

I mean, if Lowry's at this alleged breaking point, why continue to follow Casey's playbook? Why not gamble by going rogue?
                      I think that's the final step of coach/player disfunction, isn't it? Carlisle/Rondo, LBJ/Blatt, once that happens on camera in-game, either the coach or the player has to go and soon. Maybe Lowry just isn't at that point yet, is still at the "leverage the media to get my point across" stage.
                      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• This is the guy i want to be coaching the Raptors next.

https://twitter.com/TheVertical/stat...18339106578434
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          This is the guy i want to be coaching the Raptors next.

I'd certainly interview him

Comment

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
                            I honestly think Lowry is in the right here. He's realizing that Casey isn't the answer to success. Lowry wants more than anything to have a LEGACY. You can sense that with his play this season & last, and he's realizing Casey isn't pushing the needle anymore. Lowry is 30, and if he keeps up his minutes... he'll be able to play 7 to 10 years more at the least, barring a major injury. He's also a Top 5 PG & should finish in the Top 10 for MVP votes once again if we do turn this season around. He knows his prime is ticking, & that this team needs to get everyone involved on offense.... and the playbook needs to change.
                            I can see both sides of this feud. Lowry has now rubbed shoulders with the NBA's elite. All-star game starter. Team USA gold medal winner. ECF team. He believes that he is elite (which is great) and is saying the kind of stuff that Lebron, Kobe and some elite players say from time to time. Sure, Lowry is right that Casey isn't the in-game tactician who can get the Raps to the next level - or even keep them on this level. But Lowry ain't Lebron and Lowry owes Casey a lot for giving him the keys to the franchise, asking Masai to bring in players that fit with him and DeMar and getting the role players to buy into the system that makes Lowry look so good.

Also, Sterner should not have immediately gone after Lowry's character the way he did, if he wants to get back into the NBA. He could have answered the question in a hundred different ways but he went right at Lowry, which is quite revealing.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              This is the guy i want to be coaching the Raptors next.

I mean, he's pointing at the same thing as God Popovich is, how can we lose
                              9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                                Not that I disagree about needing a new coach if this is the final roster that you expect to contend with part, but if he wants to get others involved on offense then why does he need a new coach to tell him to do that? He's the PG and leader of the team. He can make those decisions on the court. He can tell his best bud that his shot isn't falling and suggest that he pass it instead of taking a tough, contested shot. This teams fortunes are tied to Lowry, not Casey.
                                Because that's not how basketball works. He can't go rogue and design a new offence on the fly and on the court. There is a lot more structure in our offence than it just being my turn, your turn. And you can't change that on the fly so easily.

Hopefully the new addition of Ibaka will let guys abandon the system a bit to work him in. I shit you not, every time we make a trade we play better as a team at least in the short term (until everything gets re-Casey'd). It happened when we got Gay...we played way better ball at the end of that season than the start of the next one with a full training camp. And it happened when we lost Gay and had to work in Pat, Greivis and Salmons on the fly. Guys played off instinct more and we played better team ball.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X