#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    But he actually got Vince open looks. Same with TMac. He turned Antonio freaking Davis into an allstar, lol.

A far cry from the ISO ball we're seeing with Casey.
    VC got VC open looks. Butch just got the players to pass him the ball and then clear the side and VC did those half man, half amazing things which he did. Believe me, if DD could close games the way VC was able to then Casey would look like Phil right about now. Bulls/Lakers Phil lol

From what I recall the East was incredibly weak the year AD made it as an allstar.

Comment

• Other Scott wrote: View Post
      How's Patrick Patterson doing? Greivis Vasquez? What about Raptors role players who excelled here who are doing nothing in their roles elsewhere?
      Patrick Patterson is 38th in DRPM among power forwards. Not the advanced stats all-star he was in Toronto, but better than Serge Ibaka's 65th.
      twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
        Ross has been god-awful in orlando.
        Ross has struggled a lot offensively, yes. That is undoubtedly an issue for him in Orlando. His defense has been pretty important to that team.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
          Right now:

Terrence Ross is 5th among SGs in DRPM.
          DeMarre Carroll is 8th among SFs.
          James Johnson is 3rd among PFs.

At some point, when former Raptors role players who struggled here keep excelling in their roles elsewhere, that needs to be addressed.
          This is cherry picking. Maybe the conclusion is right, maybe it isn't, but if you want some kind of reliable aggregate, do this for every player who has left the Raptors during Casey's tenure. Think the results will be this emphatic? Offhand, I would doubt it but maybe I'm wrong.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• S.R. wrote: View Post
            This is cherry picking. Maybe the conclusion is right, maybe it isn't, but if you want some kind of reliable aggregate, do this for every player who has left the Raptors during Casey's tenure. Think the results will be this emphatic? Offhand, I would doubt it but maybe I'm wrong.
            You know what those three have in common? All three of them were once considered the solution to the small forward problem for the Raptors, all three struggled to fill that role, all three have moved on to bigger roles elsewhere while Norm is struggling to fill the starting small forward role this year.

Comment

• Barolt wrote: View Post
              You know what those three have in common? All three of them were once considered the solution to the small forward problem for the Raptors, all three struggled to fill that role, all three have moved on to bigger roles elsewhere while Norm is struggling to fill the starting small forward role this year.
              Bigger roles on non playoff losing teams with not to much on the line ....yes I know Orlando is above water now...let’s see where they are at Christmas.
              There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
              - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                Bigger roles on non playoff losing teams with not to much on the line ....yes I know Orlando is above water now...let’s see where they are at Christmas.
                In the playoffs. Orlando is a new team with Jonathan simmons and the leaping (pardon the pun) aaron gordon. Welcome to may basketball, young magic
                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• LJ2 wrote: View Post
                  VC got VC open looks. Butch just got the players to pass him the ball and then clear the side and VC did those half man, half amazing things which he did. Believe me, if DD could close games the way VC was able to then Casey would look like Phil right about now. Bulls/Lakers Phil lol

From what I recall the East was incredibly weak the year AD made it as an allstar.
                  The East is incredible weak right now, too.

Point is Davis was a bench player before Butch trusted him with big minutes.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    The East is incredible weak right now, too.

Point is Davis was a bench player before Butch trusted him with big minutes.
                    I'm not sure this has held true so far this season.

Comment

• I have a feeling this thread is going to be super quiet for the next little while..... Casey always seems to do this.

I'm starting to think he's just a really good coach. He has intangibles that we can't always see.

Every year, no matter the roster, he just goes to work.....Whether its on the road or at home, playing vets or young guys, the steady coaching/leadership shines through.

Great job so far Casey! I really expected a drop off early (especially with the tough schedule and the re-vamped offence) but here we are sitting at #2 in the east and we're playing our young guys a lot of important mins. Straddling that line of winning and development like a really good coach.

Well done Coach Casey!.....Keep it up!
                      Last edited by special1; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 04:02 PM.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                        I have a feeling this thread is going to be super quiet for the next little while..... Casey always seems to do this.
                        ... until the playoffs roll around.

But kudos to Casey for the job he's done so far this year. He's definitely grown as a coach. There was a time when CJ Miles would have been starting over OG (amd Norm), but OG is playing lots of key minutes, getting valuable experience, and rewarding his coach's trust.

Comment

I have a feeling this thread is going to be super quiet for the next little while..... Casey always seems to do this.

I'm starting to think he's just a really good coach. He has intangibles that we can't always see.

Every year, no matter the roster, he just goes to work.....Whether its on the road or at home, playing vets or young guys, the steady coaching/leadership shines through.

Great job so far Casey! I really expected a drop off early (especially with the tough schedule and the re-vamped offence) but here we are sitting at #2 in the east and we're playing our young guys a lot of important mins. Straddling that line of winning and development like a really good coach.

He improves yearly and yet polarizing. He's the demar derozan of coaches. They're meant for each other lol

Comment

Casey's done well this season and not to take anything away from the great start, but...... let's not forget that it took getting called out publicly by Masai and mandated that he had to change the way he coached this team (i.e. abandon Ride or Die, with KL/DD being allowed to dog it on defense). This was evident to many observers over the last 3 or so years and unfortunate that it took this long to install proper playing habits. The new playing style might still not get them to the Finals, but at least Raps are giving themselves a chance at an upset.

That said, Casey, Kyle and DeMar have bought in and executed well, and hopefully continue to do so.

Comment

You sound like Republican who's defending Trump no matter what.

Give credit where credit is due, but this year should be Casey's last chance to prove that this group is capable to succeed in the playoffs under his regime. No ifs, ands, or buts.

There's a reason why people are forgetting about our recent playoffs runs.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Mon Nov 20, 2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                You sound like Republican who's defending Trump no matter what.

Give credit where credit is due, but this year should be Casey's last chance to prove that this group is capable to succeed in the playoffs under his regime. No ifs, ands or buts.

There's a reason why people are forgetting about our recent playoffs runs.
                                In theory, what happens if we win the first round, then lose to Cleveland in say over under 5.5 games in the 2nd round? What is a success, what is a failure?

Comment

Working...
                                X