View Poll Results: Should Casey be let go this Offseason?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • No

4 57.14%
Page 2 of 369 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: #FireCasey

Raptors Republic Superstar 3inthekeon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Could care less whether Casey gets fired or not. Not going to rant one way or another. MU has a much better handle on what's going on than we do . There are coaches out there and this is a pretty damn good opportunity for any available coach - they'd be crazy to at least not think long and hard.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Raptors Republic Starter SamMitchells's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If Masai thinks there are no problems at the coaching level. We're doomed .
    2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Yep, that's super obvious.

C'mon guys, like 2/3rds of the team is in a slump right now and we are pinning it all on Casey? Like Lowry, Patterson, Ross, Williams, Vazquez are all playing well below where they should be and have been previously.
    (Don't bother responding, I'll do it for you: Hey, it's Casey's job to make sure they play well. By the way, when they start winning, the talent of the players completely bail him out, and he's just doing the bare minimum of his job making him play that well.)
    Its not a slump. If the Hawks start losing its a slump because shots aren't falling. Raptor offense only works if guys hit difficult shots. The defense isnt slumping but broken and hasn't been good all year.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DanH wrote: View Post
    Casey should not be fired in-season. If the playoffs go badly, sure, you can cut him loose then.
    Yes.

They are going to be a first round out regardless.

At least this way their first round draft pick goes in to the teens.

Current Raps are reminiscent of the Milwaukee Bucks "Fear the Deer" of a few years back. Great slogan, feel good story - but ultimately unsustainable.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Other Scott wrote: View Post
    Yep, that's super obvious.

C'mon guys, like 2/3rds of the team is in a slump right now and we are pinning it all on Casey? Like Lowry, Patterson, Ross, Williams, Vazquez are all playing well below where they should be and have been previously.
    (Don't bother responding, I'll do it for you: Hey, it's Casey's job to make sure they play well. By the way, when they start winning, the talent of the players completely bail him out, and he's just doing the bare minimum of his job making him play that well.)
    Casey can't make the players put the ball in the net.

But he can put them in a better position to put the ball in the net.

It is on him for their style of play. If players are doing what he is asking, he is an idiot. If players aren't doing what he is asking, he is a bad coach with no accountability or deserving of player's respect.

That is just offense. The defense is broke. He has been found out. Any team that wasn't previously aware how to beat it surely know after reading Lowe's breakdown.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching Casey in his postgame interview I felt he was somewhat mystified with the beatdown and also came across scared/nervous with the team's performance. Scary if he cant pull them out of it. Lowry (it starts with him) is just not playing well ...for some reason.

Post Thanks / Like

There is a systematic flaw both offensively and defensively, teams know what we're going to do and expose the weaknesses

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer #tradeRoss
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

9. Like phdmac liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
    I prefer #tradeRoss
    If a guy is that terrible why would anybody want him? Only guys with trade value are the ones playing hero ball since they are putting up numbers except GV although his assts are down his ppg are OK.

Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Yes.

Current Raps are reminiscent of the Milwaukee Bucks "Fear the Deer" of a few years back. Great slogan, feel good story - but ultimately unsustainable.
    They should try to miss playoffs tbh. What's the point?

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MixxAOR wrote: View Post
    They should try to miss playoffs tbh. What's the point?
    Lol....resurrect the tank avatars? Too late....better to fight whatever it is the shit thats ailing the team is. I keep going back to JJ's tweet of a couple of weeks ago...and he wasnt even here last year when we were all mesmerized at how well the team was playing. Funny, we add a couple of pieces and we are now confused how badly things are going. MU needs to intervene in some way before the guys actually start fracturing.

13. Like MixxAOR liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MixxAOR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Lol....resurrect the tank avatars? Too late....better to fight whatever it is the shit thats ailing the team is. I keep going back to JJ's tweet of a couple of weeks ago...and he wasnt even here last year when we were all mesmerized at how well the team was playing. Funny, we add a couple of pieces and we are now confused how badly things are going. MU needs to intervene in some way before the guys actually start fracturing.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Why would you throw this season out of the window by firing Casey? Are you for real?

Just be patient guys.
    This.

The fact is, Raps are 26-13. 3rd in the conference. Best start in franchise history. They're best scorer missed 21 games this season, the fact that they're still 3rd is pretty impressive. Btw, the Bulls who i consider the best team in the conference have a worse record than the Raps. Fire Thibodeau?

People needs to chill. They lost to the Hawks last night. The HOTTEST team in the NBA. Look at the teams that they beat the last month or so.

16. Like Joey, phdmac liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    This.

The fact is, Raps are 26-13. 3rd in the conference. Best start in franchise history. They're best scorer missed 21 games this season, the fact that they're still 3rd is pretty impressive. Btw, the Bulls who i consider the best team in the conference have a worse record than the Raps. Fire Thibodeau?

People needs to chill. They lost to the Hawks last night. The HOTTEST team in the NBA. Look at the teams that they beat the last month or so.
    Always the same lame-ass defence of Casey.

Thibodeau also carried Bulls teams missing an MVP-caliber talent to strong seasons. His teams rarely play like total crap on both ends. And his system utilizes players just about as well as possible.

Post Thanks / Like

This.

I'll remember this post for later on in the season

Post Thanks / Like

And to be honest, the only L that bothers me was the Pistons loss. Lowry singlehandedly lost that game for tha Raps.

Warriors - BEST team in the NBA.
    Suns - One of those games.
    Hornets - 1st game after a western road trip is always tough. And the Hornets seems to always gives this team trouble.
    Pistons - Lowry
    Hawks - HOTTEST team in the NBA.

Raptors Republic Superstar special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default #FireCasey

Be careful what you wish for....Firing Casey may change things more than you guys know. If you're firing Casey for Ross or JV or GV I think it's a foolish move and reminds me of the Sam Mitchell firing.

Edit:

This team is not talented enough at the moment to be a serious championship contender and the goal was to at least make the second round.

BEFORE firing Casey you need to give him more capable (consistent) players or else the next coach will have the same issue.

Most of the same people calling for Casey's head didn't think this roster was good enough last year and wanted us to tank..... Remember all that mediocrity talk?? Now our roster is just so awesome and just needs this championship coach to come take the reins?? LOL. You guys....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by special1; Sat Jan 17th, 2015 at 02:22 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

And to be honest, the only L that bothers me was the Pistons loss. Lowry singlehandedly lost that game for tha Raps.

Warriors - BEST team in the NBA.
    Suns - One of those games.
    Hornets - 1st game after a western road trip is always tough. And the Hornets seems to always gives this team trouble.
    Pistons - Lowry
    Hawks - HOTTEST team in the NBA.
    Got anymore excuses?

Raptors Republic Superstar OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote raptors999 wrote: View Post
    Its not a slump. If the Hawks start losing its a slump because shots aren't falling. Raptor offense only works if guys hit difficult shots. The defense isnt slumping but broken and hasn't been good all year.
    Let me add that it hasn't been good since last March. The same issues are still here.

Yes.

I think the Raps have a sustainable roster.

System hell no, flash in the pan ISO

Casey can't make the players put the ball in the net.

But he can put them in a better position to put the ball in the net.

It is on him for their style of play. If players are doing what he is asking, he is an idiot. If players aren't doing what he is asking, he is a bad coach with no accountability or deserving of player's respect.

That is just offense. The defense is broke. He has been found out. Any team that wasn't previously aware how to beat it surely know after reading Lowe's breakdown.
    Exactly. This is how ATL has 7 players shooting above 33.3% from three. Some of those names include Al Horford, Carroll, Jeff Teague and Paul Milsap

For those who argue, none of those guys entered the league as three point shooters.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Got anymore excuses?
    What excuses? it's a FACT. Warriors are the BEST team in the NBA. Howks the hottest team in the NBA.

The Suns game, the Raps just didn't have it. It happens. And the Hornets always gives this team trouble, And that was the first game after a long western road trip. It's tough.

Page 2 of 369 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread Information