#FireCasey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
    I don't think it's accurate to characterize me as a Casey "supporter", per se.

BUT I think there are viable alternative explanations for at least some of the phenomena that are routinely, daily, trotted out as incontrovertible evidence that he's a feeble-minded, malicious, lying sack of shit.

That's a very harsh (and haughty) position to take, in my view (though people are entitled to their views, of course). But that's all. I feel as if I'm on the fence ...

But that that makes me appear to be a "supporter", by contrast, seems to me ...
    I dunno man, you seem to find a reason to explain what Casey does, no matter how obscure or the years of evidence mounted against it. You always find that silver lining.

I wouldn't call anything "haughty" about people expressing concern over the capability of the coach and resent implication of such. There are intelligent people who understand basketball at a very high level and are disappointed by what they see from a professional coach. Instead of insulting, perhaps engage in discussion.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      Uh, yeah you do have to check, because you missed the point entirely.... which was that we need Chuck Hayes back asap. Just kidding (I hope).

The point was that passing a basketball can be a useful and important thing. And everybody can do it, if they try. Simple concepts, I know, but they can never be emphasized enough.
      Aren't you dodging my question, though? It wasn't coincidence that the video featured three current Raptors, was it? And yet, as I pointed out, only Lowry had much of anything to do (even in the clips offered) with what was going on there. Patterson was a bystander. And Scola was ... well, a little more involved (5 years ago ...).

Anyway, passing is a beautiful thing. Agreed.

So I'm waiting for the starters to come back, for the defensive schemes to take firm root ... and thence to hope that we'll see 2015/16 DD, KL, DC and JV get to work on improving the flow of the offense.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'll have a long wait (until Casey's gone). But I think Casey and the staff will have a "go".

And if they don't ... my bet is that Kalamian is your next Raptors head coach.

(Book it).

Comment

Aren't you dodging my question, though? It wasn't coincidence that the video featured three current Raptors, was it? And yet, as I pointed out, only Lowry had much of anything to do (even in the clips offered) with what was going on there. Patterson was a bystander. And Scola was ... well, a little more involved (5 years ago ...).

Anyway, passing is a beautiful thing. Agreed.

So I'm waiting for the starters to come back, for the defensive schemes to take firm root ... and thence to hope that we'll see 2015/16 DD, KL, DC and JV get to work on improving the flow of the offense.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'll have a long wait (until Casey's gone). But I think Casey and the staff will have a "go".

And if they don't ... my bet is that Kalamian is your next Raptors head coach.

(Book it).
        It's already been 20 games, the offensive look won't change.
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_head_coaches

best coach we have ever had.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            That's a pretty sad list though.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
              That's a pretty sad list though.
              yep. been a sad team until casey got here and brought stability and professionalism.

Comment

yep. been a sad team until casey got here and brought stability and professionalism.
                He does wear a nice suit.

But we were a sad team with Casey and Colangelo too.

The turn around was when Masai showed up.

Comment

I dunno man, you seem to find a reason to explain what Casey does, no matter how obscure or the years of evidence mounted against it. You always find that silver lining.

I wouldn't call anything "haughty" about people expressing concern over the capability of the coach and resent implication of such. There are intelligent people who understand basketball at a very high level and are disappointed by what they see from a professional coach. Instead of insulting, perhaps engage in discussion.
                  "Sublimely confident", then, instead of "haughty"?

But unless you disagree that there are many fans who are entirely comfortable opining that Casey (a long-time pro-coach, and a decent man, by all accounts) is a "feeble-minded, malicious, lying sack of shit", then ...

I think you must be of the opinion that this view is neither "harsh" ... nor "sublimely confident".

While I concede that people may take this view, of course, I don't think I'm out of bounds for saying that I find the view harsh ... and unreasonable ...

Put another way ... I think it's clear you've suggested I'm overly (and predictably) optimistic about Casey's abilities and character.

I'm saying that it may only appear so because it contrasts with others whose views may be overly (and predictably) pessimistic.
                  Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Tue Dec 15, 2015, 09:39 PM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                    It's already been 20 games, the offensive look won't change.
                    Well, I think the coaching staff emphasized the limited time the team would have for practice early on (in camp, with the new arrivals, and early in the season), and informed the fan base that they would focus on defensive systems first for a reason.

So I'm hopeful. Not certain ... but hopeful.

Comment

"Sublimely confident", then, instead of "haughty"?

But unless you disagree that there are many fans who are entirely comfortable opining that Casey (a long-time pro-coach, and a decent man, by all accounts) is a "feeble-minded, malicious, lying sack of shit", then ...

I think you must be of the opinion that this view is neither "harsh" ... nor "sublimely confident".

While I concede that people may take this view, of course, I don't think I'm out of bounds for saying that I find the view harsh ... and unreasonable ...

?
                      How about you stop trying to define the people who post at all. It isn't necessary and frankly, no one cares about your assessment of other posters.

Comment

He does wear a nice suit.

But we were a sad team with Casey and Colangelo too.

The turn around was when Masai showed up.
                        the foundation was laid pre-masai. with credit to colangelo and casey.

Comment

How about you stop trying to define the people who post at all. It isn't necessary and frankly, no one cares about your assessment of other posters.
                          I'm speaking of a common view of Casey. People's views are debatable ... and they change.

Comment

Well, I think the coaching staff emphasized the limited time the team would have for practice early on (in camp, with the new arrivals, and early in the season), and informed the fan base that they would focus on defensive systems first for a reason.

So I'm hopeful. Not certain ... but hopeful.
                            yeah Casey did say that. And then we started to have turnovers and he said having turnovers makes it hard to defend. But yeah I'm hopeful too.
                            Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

I'm speaking of a common view of Casey. People's views are debatable ... and they change.
                              LOL

Pretty sure you can't call people haughty and harsh and then claim you weren't talking about the people. Debate opinions but leave the assessment of people who expressed those opinions out.

Comment

the foundation was laid pre-masai. with credit to colangelo and casey.
                                "Andrea. Come hell or high water, he's our guy."

This sums up the Casey-Colangelo foundation quite nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X