Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Mavs had a nifty play. I think JV can make that pass
    yes, i agree. this play is more of a set play as well so something practicable in scrimmages.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      jv getting low post positioning needs to become aware of where the double is coming from and pass out to the open man.
      That imo, comes with experience and learning from your mistakes. JV obviously doesn't have enough experience in that aspect thanks to Casey not knowing how to use him.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
        That imo, comes with experience and learning from your mistakes. JV obviously doesn't have enough experience in that aspect thanks to Casey not knowing how to use him.
        everything he does well is also a result of caseys' coaching

Comment

• cool play too
          Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Every players asst rate plummets under Casey

Comment

• Last edited by MixxAOR; Wed Dec 16, 2015, 06:37 AM.
              Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
                However, How many good to great passers do we actually have on this team? I think our only good passers are Cory, Lowry and Demar and maybe Scola or Carroll.
                The counter to that though is how many players do we have that can create off the dribble?
                Less than the names you listed above.

I also don't believe that you need a ton of gifted passers as much as willing passers. Teaching them where to look in situations is something the coaching staff can do.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Really? You're going to put more weight into what Casey has done these last few years than what JV has done for 20+ years?

In terms of development, the coach has to teach and preach the right things and provide opportunity for growth. We may not know what Casey tells JV but opportunity is much easier to see and I don't like what I have seen.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                    Really? You're going to put more weight into what Casey has done these last few years than what JV has done for 20+ years?

In terms of development, the coach has to teach and preach the right things and provide opportunity for growth. We may not know what Casey tells JV but opportunity is much easier to see and I don't like what I have seen.
                    `so now who is going to go look and see jvs assist rates for his first 20 years of life to see if it is just casey saying don't worry about learning to pass?

Comment

• JV's greatly improved skills and much less improved skills have little to do with Casey. Summer is the crucial time to work on skill improvement, then working with the assistants during the season. Casey's job is teaching the systems and schemes.
                      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Hard to believe we're still talking about JV's lack of assists.

The most common passes I see JV make are when the guard passes to him when he's above the break (Seriously, why the FUCK do we insist on initiating our "offence" with our center catching the ball 4 feet beyond the 3pt line?!)

Beyond that, there's just been very minimal opportunity for passes. He is capable of simple kick-out passes from the post or hitting cutters on occasion. These opportunities just aren't there very often. I'm not saying he's a great passer, but not every big man can or needs to pass like Sabonis to contribute to motion in the offence.

The raptors offence has diminished everyone's passing. But, the JV haters, derozan fanboys, and casey defenders seem to generally be the same people, so i don't think we'll come to agreement.

Comment

`so now who is going to go look and see jvs assist rates for his first 20 years of life to see if it is just casey saying don't worry about learning to pass?
                          Didn't think we were solely looking at passing, but to say that a coach deserves the credit for everything with the development of JV is ridiculous.

JV works with the national team. JV works out on his own. JV is a talented guy. These things certainly impact JV's development. The last 2 more so than coaching.

As for the passing, the team's assist totals have declined each year since 2012, (-1.6%, -2.1%, -14.5% - from each year's previous) and our potential assists has decreased each of the last 3 years (stats don't go further back).

JV was a rookie in 2012, and each year our team assists decreased, is it really such a stretch to think that Casey doesn't want his C passing very much?

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                            Didn't think we were solely looking at passing, but to say that a coach deserves the credit for everything with the development of JV is ridiculous.

JV works with the national team. JV works out on his own. JV is a talented guy. These things certainly impact JV's development. The last 2 more so than coaching.

As for the passing, the team's assist totals have declined each year since 2012, (-1.6%, -2.1%, -14.5% - from each year's previous) and our potential assists has decreased each of the last 3 years (stats don't go further back).

JV was a rookie in 2012, and each year our team assists decreased, is it really such a stretch to think that Casey doesn't want his C passing very much?
                            Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate before Casey: 4.7%
                            Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate with Casey: 2.7%
                            Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate after Casey: 11.8%

Yeah, loads of opportunity for centres to generate assists in Casey's system.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                              Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate before Casey: 4.7%
                              Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate with Casey: 2.7%
                              Tyler Hansbrough's assist rate after Casey: 11.8%

Yeah, loads of opportunity for centres to generate assists in Casey's system.
                              Casey's got our bigs looking like Webber and Divac out there

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                                loads of opportunity for centres in Casey's system. /pink
                                paraphrased.

Comment

Working...
                                X