View Poll Results: Should Casey be let go this Offseason?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    3 60.00%
  • No

    2 40.00%
Page 288 of 363 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,760 of 7253

Thread: #FireCasey

  1. #5741
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    6 Pages of #FireCasey yesterday and not a single post today? All it took was one win
    Unfortunestely Casey is safe until we lose in the playoffs.

  2. #5742
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    9,109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Hell the balls, rims, shot clocks, and hot dog warmers know it by now, too.
    I'm pretty sure even a bank like BMO knows it
    11/20/16 Lest we forget - The Sacramento Screw Job.
    We will not go quietly in the night. We will rage against the dying light. We will study every buzzer beater with intensified might, because somethin with the NBA doesn't smell right.

  3. Like Just Is, S.R. liked this post
  4. #5743
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    5,473
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Great read.

    The over-reliance on late game ISOs is obvious to anyone with a pulse. So what are Casey's assistant coaches doing?
    Watching Casey do a coaching ISO.

  5. Like Just Is liked this post
  6. #5744
    Raptors Republic Veteran Scraptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,090
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    Damn.
    Damning.

    Casey would have been gone long ago if Kyle wasn't carrying team on a routine basis.

  7. Like Just Is liked this post
  8. #5745
    Raptors Republic Superstar Just Is's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    2,542
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Damning.

    Casey would have been gone long ago if Kyle wasn't carrying team on a routine basis.
    I've said this so much it's crazy.
    "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
    "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy
    "We Ride with Lowry. We Die with Derozan" - Golden

  9. Like Scraptor liked this post
  10. #5746
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Wonder if Phil would have gotten canned if he didn't have Michael carrying the Bulls, or Kobe/Shaq carrying the Lakers? Triangle is all the guy knows and never adjusts from it. Yet somehow, someway he managed to be recognized as the greatest basketball coach for the duration of his coaching career and often got the better of Pop. It's like talent really does trump all.

  11. Like S.R. liked this post
  12. #5747
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Wonder if Phil would have gotten canned if he didn't have Michael carrying the Bulls, or Kobe/Shaq carrying the Lakers? Triangle is all the guy knows and never adjusts from it. Yet somehow, someway he managed to be recognized as the greatest basketball coach for the duration of his coaching career and often got the better of Pop. It's like talent really does trump all.
    Seems like Phil's greatest strength was managing egos. Getting guys to buy in for the greater good.

    And maybe that's where Casey's strength lies to. *shrug*

  13. #5748
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Seems like Phil's greatest strength was managing egos. Getting guys to buy in for the greater good.
    Basically, though even the Zen Master couldn't keep Shaq and Kobe together.

    I'd take Pop or Carlisle over Phil. Give those guys MJ, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq and they also win fistfuls of rings, without a doubt.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  14. #5749
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Basically, though even the Zen Master couldn't keep Shaq and Kobe together.

    I'd take Pop or Carlisle over Phil. Give those guys MJ, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq and they also win fistfuls of rings, without a doubt.
    Absolutely, as would any number of coaches, Casey included. Don't need to adjust when everyone is adjusting to you.

  15. #5750
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Toronto's DRTG is actually okay in clutch games (5 pts or less in final 5 minutes) at #9, it's their #22 ranked ORTG that's killing them, leading to a 16-21 record in clutch games (http://stats.nba.com/teams/clutch-ad..._RATING&dir=-1).

    FWIW if they were even at their average W/L% from the past three years (.614) in clutch games, they'd be 23-14 in those 37 games instead of 16-21 and those extra 7 wins would put them #1 in the east right now.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  16. #5751
    Raptors Republic All-Star Raptor Jesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,775
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Basically, though even the Zen Master couldn't keep Shaq and Kobe together.

    I'd take Pop or Carlisle over Phil. Give those guys MJ, Pippen, Kobe, and Shaq and they also win fistfuls of rings, without a doubt.
    Phil is starting to look Homer Simpsonish. His twitter doesn't seem 'zen like' 'mysterious' 'deep or spiritual' it seems to be 5th grade reading level and lucky to be employed. Feuding with employees and refusing to be on the same coast as the team was absurd.

  17. #5752
    Raptors Republic All-Star big boi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,545
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LJ2 wrote: View Post
    Wonder if Phil would have gotten canned if he didn't have Michael carrying the Bulls, or Kobe/Shaq carrying the Lakers? Triangle is all the guy knows and never adjusts from it. Yet somehow, someway he managed to be recognized as the greatest basketball coach for the duration of his coaching career and often got the better of Pop. It's like talent really does trump all.
    Triangle wasn't Phils. Was Winters. Believe he had him in LA too. Requires having 2 of the best players in the world on one team to pull it off. Luckily for Phil had that in both cities. He's probably be able to win with the Warriors too.

  18. #5753
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Seems like Phil's greatest strength was managing egos. Getting guys to buy in for the greater good.

    And maybe that's where Casey's strength lies to. *shrug*
    You may be stretching. D.C. Needs to win a ring as a head coach first. To his credit he has one ring as an assistant with Dallas.

  19. #5754
    Raptors Republic Icon rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20,934
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, Casey. You're officially on hot seat. Masai got Ibaka and PJ for you. 1st rd exit = bye bye

  20. #5755
    Raptors Republic Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    9,049
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    alright dwane, lets see how you fuck it up this time.

  21. #5756
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    alright dwane, lets see how you fuck it up this time.
    Just close your eyes during the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter and everything will be fine.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  22. #5757
    Raptors Republic Superstar A.I's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Well, Casey. You're officially on hot seat. Masai got Ibaka and PJ for you. 1st rd exit = bye bye
    Second round exit = bye bye too unless we're playing the Cavs.

  23. #5758
    Raptors Republic Superstar S.R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    4,502
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Not just Casey on the hot seat, this is as good of a supporting cast as you could expect to give your two All-Stars.
    "Control DeRozan's catch-shoot game. He rarely passes. Defend the ball. Much of what they do reverses to 1 on 1 play." -- Visitor Locker Room Whiteboard, Air Canada Centre, Feb. 26, 2015

  24. #5759
    Raptors Republic Superstar slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    4,667
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote KHD wrote: View Post
    alright dwane, lets see how you fuck it up this time.
    BY playing the Lebrons in the Eastern Conference Final?

  25. #5760
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    10,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Love the new found roster flexibility, but I don't trust that Casey will be able to settle on a 8-9 man rotation very quickly. I can see him "tinkering" right up to that final game of the season vs. Cavs.

    Ideally, we have 9 players who know exactly what their role is, and how much they'll play, well before that final game.

Page 288 of 363 FirstFirst ... 188 238 278 286 287 288 289 290 298 338 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •