Miles Plumlee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miles Plumlee

It would appear that the Suns are willing to trade Miles Plumlee for a first rounder. Given our need for some level of upgrade at the back-up center position, what are people's thoughts on this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Miles-Plumlee
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

It would appear that the Suns are willing to trade Miles Plumlee for a first rounder. Given our need for some level of upgrade at the back-up center position, what are people's thoughts on this?

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...-Miles-Plumlee
    Raptors are willing to move Hayes for a first rounder too.

Comment

I agree they're asking for a lot but I'm interested in what people think of Plumlee as an upgrade to a back-up center. It's a legit question.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I agree they're asking for a lot but I'm interested in what people think of Plumlee as an upgrade to a back-up center. It's a legit question.
        They want a first rounder for a backup C. He's fine but not at the price asked. Zaza is probably better and cheaper

Comment

We should definitely bring him in.

Maybe a trade surrounding Lou Williams, Tyler Hansbrough and our 1st round pick for Plumlee, Ennis and Tucker would do it and would be good for both sides?

Comment

Phoenix isn't trading Tucker, who's their best wing defender, any time soon. They don't need Lou because they already have three guards capable of big scoring (including Isaiah Thomas, who's duplicates Lou's functionality and who's better than Lou anyway).

MAYBE Phoenix does this if, by the deadline, they decide they're not making playoffs. It could happen. Their next eight-game stretch is brutal and OKC is rolling hard now, and if they think they can't make playoffs this year, they might want to kill some cap space and accumulate another first-rounder to add to their own (and maybe the Lakers', because if the Lakers don't get a top-five pick Phoenix gets it - and right now the Lakers are only fourth-worst) so they can go after a star player via free agency and/or trade. But right now, as it stands? Doubtful.

Comment

Is he NOW better than Stiemsma?
              Bebe, our first (top 24 protected -if not a 2nd) for Plumlee & Ennis. Prob not, just trying to piss them off for taking Ennis.
              Last edited by Mapko; Sat Jan 24, 2015, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Wanted to touch on this trade again because it does seem to make sense..

Now that Casey has finally put "the peoples lineup" on the court, that of.. Lowry / DD / JJ / 2Pat /JV
                I think it would fair to say that this line up is amazing, however it showed that it sort of left our bench needing more.

Right now we look like this.
                Lowry / Vasquez
                DD / Lou
                JJ / Ross / Bruno
                2pat / Amir
                JV / Hands / Bebe

Problem is, Ross is too small and inconsistent to be our backup 3&D SF, and Hansbrough is in no way a backup centre. I was thinking maybe a trade could be struck including Ross, Hansbrough and our 2015 first rounder for Miles Plumlee, Gerald Green & Tyler Ennis.

Our roster would be..
                Lowry / Vasquez / Ennis
                DD / Lou
                JJ / Green / Bruno
                2pat / Amir
                JV / Plumlee / Bebe

It would need no adjusting this or next year (hopefully) and we simply resign Amir & Lou. When Green & Plumlees' contracts run out, extend if we want or let Bruno & Bebe take the 2nd sting minutes.

What does everybody think?

Comment

Working...
                X