C - Jonas Valanciunas

Grizzlies

PG - Mike Conley
    SG - Courtney Lee
    SF - Tony Allen
    PF - Zach Randolph
    C - Marc Gasol

Game Notes
    • The Raptors took the first game against an undermanned Grizzlies team at home. With the Grizzlies at full strength for this game, the Toronto Raptors can expect a tougher challenge.
    • Tony Allen is an incredible defender on the wing. DeRozan was able to score 21 points in the previous game against the Grizzlies without Allen checking him, but he won't have that luxury tonight. He will have to bring his A-game against a tough SOB and look to be more of a facilitator if the shot isn't there for him.
    • Greivis Vasquez started in place of Terrence Ross against Milwaukee on Monday. Vasquez had a decent effort as a starter, scoring 10 points on 4-10 shooting. Ross had a strong showing as a spark off the bench, making some clutch baskets near the end of the 4th quarter to seal the win for the Raptors. Does Dwane Casey reinsert Ross into the starting lineup or not?
    • In order for the Raptors to steal a win from one of the top teams in the NBA they need maximum effort and smart play from EVERYONE, including the coaching staff and towel girl.

LET'S GO RAPTORS!!!

OG is our king

First the greek freak and now Tony Allen. DD can't catch a break.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Please play JJ. He didn't do anything to deserve being the only guy 'Popoviched' (random DNP) all season. And we know his mentality is fragile enough as it is it's like Casey is trying to poke the bear.

Play JV in the fourth qua....fuck it I'm wasting my time on that one. Whatever. Maybe when Casey's gone.

NOTE TO ALL POSTERS: EVEN WHEN WE WERE ROLLING THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY VERY TOUGH GAME. SO IF WE LOSE, ESPECIALLY BY SINGLE DIGITS, DON'T GO ALL GLF LIKE MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN. THIS BOARD HAS BEEN FUCKIN DEPRESSING AND TRY AND PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE. OUR FORMERLY HOPELESS BASKETBALL TEAM IN JUST ONE YEAR HAS BECOME A LEGIT 50 WIN TEAM. AND THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN BASKETBALL. THANKS.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post

NOTE TO ALL POSTERS: EVEN WHEN WE WERE ROLLING THIS WOULD HAVE BEEN A VERY VERY TOUGH GAME. SO IF WE LOSE, ESPECIALLY BY SINGLE DIGITS, DON'T GO ALL GLF LIKE MOST OF YOU HAVE BEEN. THIS BOARD HAS BEEN FUCKIN DEPRESSING AND TRY AND PUT THINGS IN PERSPECTIVE. OUR FORMERLY HOPELESS BASKETBALL TEAM IN JUST ONE YEAR HAS BECOME A LEGIT 50 WIN TEAM. AND THERE'S MORE TO LIFE THAN BASKETBALL. THANKS.
        here here

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          Please play JJ. He didn't do anything to deserve being the only guy 'Popoviched' (random DNP) all season. And we know his mentality is fragile enough as it is it's like Casey is trying to poke the bear.

Play JV in the fourth qua....fuck it I'm wasting my time on that one. Whatever. Maybe when Casey's gone.

Amen.

I don't want any fire Casey comments unless every one of these happens:
          1. JJ doesn't play again
          2. JV doesn't play at all in the 4th
          3. Lou misses an ISO step back 3 at the end of all 4 quarters
          4. Ross attempts 0 2 point shots, and misses all his threes
          5. Memphis shoots over 60% and drops at least 30 every quarter
          6. Hansbrough and Patterson share the duty of defending Gasol
          7. Vasquez attemps 3 three's with over 20 seconds left in the shot clock
          8. All of Demar's attempts are from between 14-18 feet

If even one of these doesn't happen I don't wanna hear it.

No but on a serious note, I'll be shocked if we win today and that's not a terrible thing, Memphis is way better than us and match up with is very well

Comment

Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
            Amen.

I don't want any fire Casey comments unless every one of these happens:
            1. JJ doesn't play again
            2. JV doesn't play at all in the 4th
            3. Lou misses an ISO step back 3 at the end of all 4 quarters
            4. Ross attempts 0 2 point shots, and misses all his threes
            5. Memphis shoots over 60% and drops at least 30 every quarter
            6. Hansbrough and Patterson share the duty of defending Gasol
            7. Vasquez attemps 3 three's with over 20 seconds left in the shot clock
            8. All of Demar's attempts are from between 14-18 feet

9. Tom Sterner coaches in an awesome manner

1 down, 8 to go. Fire Casey comments are coming
            OG is our king

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

Tom Sterner will stare into the soul of Raptor fans everywhere

Comment

Game #42: Toronto Raptors @ Memphis Grizzlies - Jan. 21/15 8:00 PM ET

All we want is a winning basketball team, is that too much to ask?

And by winning I mean Championship
                2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post

Fire Casey comments never left. They just need to eat and sleep occasionally.

Comment

Raps r 5 points dogs vs Grizzlies

Comment

Unless our ISO players are on fire and Memphis doesn't exploit Casey's systems defensive flaws, I think we can win this game.
                      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

DD stats vs Tony Allen are really really bad.

Comment

JV won't play in the 4th.. He didn't last time around I don't believe. Chuck was the Gasol stopper last game.

Comment

Tony Allen will put DD in a straitjacket just like Giannis
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                              Tony Allen will put DD in a straitjacket just like Giannis
                              YUP. This game is over before it even begins. I wish I was working today lol.
                              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Working...
                              X