Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Miles Plumlee Toronto Raptors Bound? Center In Exchange For Terrence Ross Rumored!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
    Because based on what I saw from him I college, he plays with more conviction & determination than I have ever seen from Ross. I feel he can easily be our backup pass first point guard, and he can shoot. Given a year and a half behind Lowry and GV (one more of a shooter / defender and the other more of a passer) he will develop nicely. Especially if he pushed himself due to the pressure of being at home and being in the same team as a work horse like DD.
    This is all just my opinion, so arguing is really pointless. I think he is going to be a terrific point guard whereas Ross I'm worried is going to cave and exit the league within 5 years if things don't change; regardless of his "potential".
    Are you comparing Ennis in college to Ross in NBA? Not exactly a fair comparison since Ross is playing out of position and it's against higher level of competition. I know Ennis hasn't had much to go on in the NBA (but that might be for a reason), but you can't blame Ross for that.

I have no issue with Ross' laid back demeanor. You can't have 15 guys who are super intense on a roster, the whole thing would implode in glorious fashion.

I also don't think the whole "hometown kid" thing is necessarily a good thing. More pressure often results in worse results. He could be different, but I wouldn't bank on it being a plus.

Then there is the whole development issue. Even if you believe he has the potential to develop, do you really trust Coach Casey to play a rookie at PG? We'd end up signing Jalen Rose to play point, just so Casey can have his trusted vet.

I'm not against trading Ross (or one of our picks), but I'm hoping for better return than backups. We can bring Nando De Colo back next year (RFA) to be our back-up PG, and personally think he would be a better option for the next 3 years than Ennis; all while being significantly cheaper to bring in (RFA salary vs trade cost + rookie scale salary). If we are moving Ross and a pick, I want someone who can start at either SF or PF and be young enough that we can count on them for the next few years, but developed enough that we aren't "waiting" on them. I'd rather move Ross for Lance Stephenson than trade Ross + pick for Plumlee and Ennis.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      The role of GV? What role is that? The back-up PG that GV should be, or the pseudo starter - 2 guard front and bench leader role that he seems to have?

Ennis could develop into a back-up (we haven't seen any NBA proof really), but again, why would you trade a young talented winger for a back-up? It's poor asset management.
      I don't think GV will last here because he wants to start, and might have that opportunity elsewhere when his contract is over. I don't see him in Toronto's long term plan.

I'd like to see where Ennis is actually at. To speculate that he's not ready for NBA action is moot because we don't know that. Chances are he's not getting playing time because he plays on a team with Dragic, Bledsoe and Thomas ahead of him in the PG pecking order. And based on what I know of Ennis from his college days (which is what every team does when they draft, extrapolate based on potential), I'd take a chance on what I've seen. Just my personal opinion.

I have no faith in Terrence Ross' development. Toronto is a playoff team moving forward and Ross is not someone you want to go to war with. It's not about being quiet - I'd take a quiet Leonard and a quiet Duncan from San Antonio any day - it's about having that fire and grit to get punched and then punch right back. Ross has done nothing but show that his character is to cower in the face of adversity. I don't want that on my team. Whatever the means is to get rid of him, I would explore it. The Plumlee/Ennis scenario is just example one. I would welcome others.

Comment

I'd rather move Ross for Lance Stephenson than trade Ross + pick for Plumlee and Ennis.
        You had me there until that last sentence. I can just imagine how well Lance Stephenson and Dwane Casey would get along! As for Nando de Colo, I thought he was a very promising player, and was disappointed we did not resign him. He would have been a better option at #12 than Greg Stiemsma.

Speaking of Greg, he has played so few minutes this year, I have no idea what kind of player he would be against some of the taller centres in the league. If it were up to me, I would give him a shot at folks like Pachulia. I do not like his deliberate hard fouls, but a coach can tell him just to cut it out, or dial it back. That's his job. The coaching staff has a chance to see him play on a regular basis, but some guys are better in actual games. Would Miles Plumlee really be a big improvement? It looks like we'll never know.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
          You had me there until that last sentence. I can just imagine how well Lance Stephenson and Dwane Casey would get along! As for Nando de Colo, I thought he was a very promising player, and was disappointed we did not resign him. He would have been a better option at #12 than Greg Stiemsma.

Speaking of Greg, he has played so few minutes this year, I have no idea what kind of player he would be against some of the taller centres in the league. If it were up to me, I would give him a shot at folks like Pachulia. I do not like his deliberate hard fouls, but a coach can tell him just to cut it out, or dial it back. That's his job. The coaching staff has a chance to see him play on a regular basis, but some guys are better in actual games. Would Miles Plumlee really be a big improvement? It looks like we'll never know.
          I'm certainly not advocating to trade Ross for Lance, but I'd roll the dice on that deal rather than Ross + pick for Plumlee and Ennis. I like Ross but for those that don't, Lance is an interesting option.

Lance is a good defender, a solid rebounder, can hit open treys and is a decent ball handler. It would be a gamble that he reverts back to Pacers Lance as opposed to Hornets Lance. He may be a head case but the dude can ball. He'd certainly add an edge to the perimeter defence and he'd either gel great or completely be at odds with Lowry. He's a risk but wouldn't be too costly (to acquire) and he'd be a legit starter until Bruno can be developed. He'd also serve as a contingency if Demar goes as he can play either spot.

Not saying we should go out and do this, but I'd rather that than trading Ross and a first for a pair of backups.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post

Steamer has been a complete waste of a roster spot. It's amazing there was a poster who thought he should start over JV heading into the season.

Comment

Steamer has been a complete waste of a roster spot. It's amazing there was a poster who thought he should start over JV heading into the season.
              Asked this earlier and never noticed a reply. Does Steamer have any trade value?

He signed for more than vet minimum (I think) so there's got to be something there. He played rotation minutes laat year and seems to have been a plus on the defensive end, though pretty poor offensively.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                Asked this earlier and never noticed a reply. Does Steamer have any trade value?

He signed for more than vet minimum (I think) so there's got to be something there. He played rotation minutes laat year and seems to have been a plus on the defensive end, though pretty poor offensively.
                I'm sure you could find a team that would want him but the return would be next to nothing.

Comment

• As far as Ross, my crazy internet idea is he should take some time in the summer to work with JJ on some MMA.

Almost anything that involves contact or potential contact is a negative with him.

Driving into traffic, rebounding, fighting through screens. He had one of the biggest FG% dropoffs in the NBA when his shots were contested.

Easy for me to say, but he's got to learn it's only pain - contact won't kill him.
                  If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• How about TJ Warren fellas?

21 years old and a good depth 3. Him and Plum for Ross I'd love.
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

I'm sure you could find a team that would want him but the return would be next to nothing.
                      Yeah, I was thinking one of those Top 50/55 protected 2nd rounders.

But it would clear a roster spot.

Comment

As far as Ross, my crazy internet idea is he should take some time in the summer to work with JJ on some MMA.

Almost anything that involves contact or potential contact is a negative with him.

Driving into traffic, rebounding, fighting through screens. He had one of the biggest FG% dropoffs in the NBA when his shots were contested.

Easy for me to say, but he's got to learn it's only pain - contact won't kill him.
                        Is he any further behind in his development than DeRozan was? That sounds eerily familiar to the constant criticism of DD for his first few years in the league. For a guy who's really only been playing regularly for a little over a year, expectations seem unnaturally high. He's got skills to be a solid 3&D SG, with lots of work to go to improve, gain consistency and reach his potential. I think more than anything else, the expectations placed on him were far too lofty heading into this season, cemented into a starting role.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          ....For a guy who's really only been playing regularly for a little over a year, expectations seem unnaturally high....
                          Good point. It's easy to forget how new he is to the role.

Comment

Yeah, I was thinking one of those Top 50/55 protected 2nd rounders.

But it would clear a roster spot.
                            Basically that would be the most you could expect I think.

Comment

• Who is more valuable for our future? (1-3 years)
                              Lou Williams? James Johnson? Or Terrence Ross?

Comment

• breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                                Who is more valuable for our future? (1-3 years)
                                Lou Williams? James Johnson? Or Terrence Ross?
                                Based on current play, it's hard to look past JJ.

But if Ross ever puts it all together, he gets my vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X