No announcement yet.

Game #43: Toronto Raptors 91 - Philadelphia 76ers 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ya though they have changed since the beginning of the season, and have been more adamant about it lately.

And I just like wearing my conspiracy hat, look pimp

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      All-star break it's going to happen. Book it

I listened to the Sixers broadcast, and I loved them. Very knowledgeable and described different options for the plays that they run. Almost like they want to 'educate' the casual fan about basketball.

Something I wish our announcers did.

Also, love the Sixers coach. When he gets some talent that team is going to take off.
      The coach comes from the same stable as Budenholzer (Hawks)...bench of Popovich.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        Raps better clean it up over next few games (det, ind, sac, bkn) because after that it is WSH, mil, bkn, lac, spurs, WSH, no, dal, GSW through to Knicks to end Feb.
        Raps really need to regroup and re-focus the nine days they have off during the all star break. After all star break play 4 games in 5 nights on road. Perhaps getting away from the game will allow DC to better assess what he is not doing so well . The players should take the time to assess what each of them can do to help them collectively do better as a group.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yep...an offensive strategy that really shouldn't work stopped working. Lots of people completely unsurprised by that.

They may not be able to run a Spurs level of ball movement, but they can definitely do better. You don't need 5 Magics out there to move the ball.
          Agree on the iso shit, disagree on 3 pt shooting. Teams that can shoot the 3 almost all make the playoffs. Teams that can't, don't.
          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
            Agree on the iso shit, disagree on 3 pt shooting. Teams that can shoot the 3 almost all make the playoffs. Teams that can't, don't.
            Well, I mostly meant our offensive strategy, where we also don't get consistently good 3pt looks. How many of our 3pters are in ISO? How many are just random YOLO pull up 3s early in the shot clock? Far too many I'd say judging by the eye test at least. It's not that we shouldn't take 3s. Every team needs to to keep defences honest. We take a fair amount of 'bad' 3s, though.

And then look at our personnel...We actually DO NOT have good shooters. Casey made that stink about not having guys who can pass...but we don't have guys who are really shooters. People can say all they want about slumps, but many of our guys are shooting around their career averages. And these guys are taking too many bad shots.

The 3pt shot is a big part of being a winning team, because every team needs it to some degree to balance out what they do offensively...but you need better shooters and/or the ability to get clean looks. For the most part, we don't have enough of either.

Comment

Working...
            X