No announcement yet.

Game #45: Toronto Raptors 104 - Indiana Pacers 91

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ehh, I like Lou. He's at least good at what he does. And he's far less a problem defensively than I thought he'd be.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

He's a major reason the Raptors started out of the gate so fast this year. It's important to beat teams like the Pacers, that are having a tough season, but it's even more important to peak three months from now. I bet Lou and the Raptors are saving the best for last.

Comment

In fact, looking at Toronto's April schedule, all the teams we face are beatable: Timberwolves, Nets, Celtics, Hornets, Magic, Heat, Celtics, Hornets. Only two of the eight games are at home, however. Charlotte is currently in the last playoff spot in the East, with Miami 1 1/2 games ahead.

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
          It's a lot less frustrating then watching Vasquez, Ross and Derozan. At least he makes and 1's and contested shots unlike the rest of them.
          Yup. Sorry to say it, but this team would be better off without those 3 right now. I'd rather give more time to JJ, Fields and Lou than Vasquez, Ross and DeRozan.

http://www.boxscoregeeks.com/teams/t...4&sort=minutes

Comment

Interesting site. I was not familiar with it before.

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
              Ehh, I like Lou. He's at least good at what he does. And he's far less a problem defensively than I thought he'd be.
              What he does is cause our offense to become ever more stagnant. I wish he wasn't good at what he does.

Comment

Jangles wrote: View Post
                What he does is cause our offense to become ever more stagnant. I wish he wasn't good at what he does.
                Our coach causes the offence to become stagnant.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Going to the game...used to live in Toronto but now live in downtown Indianapolis, a few blocks from Bankers Life. Have been to a few Pacers games and I will say Toronto should really go wire-to-wire in this game. Unless Miles or Stuckey get on one of their 1 in every 10-15 game hot shooting streaks, the Pacers just don't have the offense to keep up with the Raps. George Hill is still playing limited minutes as he comes back from injury and their bench isn't anything to get excited about.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post
                    Yup. Sorry to say it, but this team would be better off without those 3 right now. I'd rather give more time to JJ, Fields and Lou than Vasquez, Ross and DeRozan.

This is what I love about fans...right here.

Unbelievable.

You think those three are gone on day one and this team isn't fighting for the first pick????

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Our coach causes the offence to become stagnant.
                      Gotta agree with this. I don't believe that the players go out there and just do the opposite of what Casey is telling them to do. If Lou is in iso heavy mode, he is either being told to do it or being allowed to do it, and that is functionally the same thing. His playing time is controlled by Casey. All players want to play. They will change behaviour based on playing time.

It is on Casey to find ways to use his players to their best advantage. A player can't suddenly develop a new skill set in the middle of the season. At best they can trend in a certain direction.

Comment

Quirk wrote: View Post

Don't know their methodology, but every other metric I've seen has confirmed what my eyes were telling me - Landry Fields was terrible.

How this site can rate Fields above Kyle and as the 3rd best Raptor per 48 is puzzling to say the least.

We've been butchered while he was playing.
                        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

JJ fields and Lou all better than GV Ross and DD?

lol okay.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Zan Tabak wrote: View Post
                            Going to the game...used to live in Toronto but now live in downtown Indianapolis, a few blocks from Bankers Life. Have been to a few Pacers games and I will say Toronto should really go wire-to-wire in this game. Unless Miles or Stuckey get on one of their 1 in every 10-15 game hot shooting streaks, the Pacers just don't have the offense to keep up with the Raps. George Hill is still playing limited minutes as he comes back from injury and their bench isn't anything to get excited about.
                            Thanks for the thoughts from the other side. Enjoy the game

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                              Gotta agree with this. I don't believe that the players go out there and just do the opposite of what Casey is telling them to do. If Lou is in iso heavy mode, he is either being told to do it or being allowed to do it, and that is functionally the same thing. His playing time is controlled by Casey. All players want to play. They will change behaviour based on playing time.

It is on Casey to find ways to use his players to their best advantage. A player can't suddenly develop a new skill set in the middle of the season. At best they can trend in a certain direction.
                              Agreed with you two, but this happens because of the player that Lou is. Lets go with Casey encouraging this type of play. He certainly doesn't do it with Ross, Amir and anyone not named Kyle, DD, Lou & GV. Having Lou on the team is like giving ammo to an idiot with a gun.

Comment

breakin_ankles wrote: View Post
                                I agree about the iso / chuck fest... But how much of that do you think is Casey? Think about it his assist rate is way down, it's not like he has set plays to get one looks... It's just give him the ball and watch him work. He is being used wrong, although to his scoring strength. You cannot deny the incredible offensive skill he has, and his ability to get to the line is awesome. I feel our hate for him is due mainly to Casey's use of him. A more disciplined coach and it's a different story.
                                Lol. I take it u never watched Any atlanta games last year. Lou has always been ISO heavy everywhere he went. That's as part of the reason he was out of the rotation last year in Atlanta. He was too ISO heavy in a team that wanted to pass a lot.

Watching him play under Casey really makes him look like his philly self back in the day. When again, he was ISO heavy. Some of your guys reason for hating Casey don't even make sense anymore

Have you noticed how he never shoots a catch and shoot three. Rather he takes a couple dribbles then takes another three from the same spot. He's not effective in a passing offence. It's guys like him that Casey's system really benefits
                                Last edited by yabadabayolo; Tue Jan 27, 2015, 01:32 PM.
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X