What Can We Get From DeRozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Can We Get From DeRozan

I know few weeks ago I made a thread about Ross being a problem child type of trade and post a few suitors for the Raptors; however, with the Raptors back at the 3rd seed aiming at the Top 2 Seed, I would say, this is perhaps the time of showcasing DeMar DeRozan. Why you might ask I think it's time to rid of DeMar DeRozan.

1) Before DeRozan got back in the lineup post-injury, Ross was getting better, hitting jumpers, knocking down 3s
    2) I think DeRozan and Ross can't coexist since they play the same position, either Ross stay or DeRozan is gone.
    3) DeRozan hasn't got better since last season, and his knee will only get worse as time progress
    4) It's time to see what DeRozan can get us in the open market

Proposed Trade
    (1) Toronto out: DeMar DeRozan, Grevais Vazquez, Chuck Hayes, 2015 1st round pick
    Toronto in: Steve Nash, Jordan Hill, Julius Randle, Ed Davis
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mzydf5s
    Why Raptors: The Raptors acquire three expiring contract with one declaring retirement in Nash. Nash can retire as a Raptors and immediately join our staff or become our next Head Coach while Hill is a great rebounder, backup C for us behind Valanciunas. Ed Davis will be back in his No32 Uniform and either comes off the bench or become our 2nd or third big. Our biggest asset after this trade is Julius Randle. Randle is injured for the year but I believe he will become an achor of any NBA Franchise given a healthy season and his definitely worth a top pick or a borderline allstar for the trade to work. Question is I don't know if the Lakers will bite or not.

Why Lakers: The Lakers acquire a borderline allstar in DeRozan who might take up Kobe's mantle when he retires. DeRozan plays like Kobe and will definitely get better under Kobe. Grevais Vazquez brings something that the team needs as for now, a facilitator of a PG, something that the Lakers lack of due to their uptempo style. They also acquire a first round pick from us. Don't know if the Lakers will take this trade, they might ask for more picks like our New York or Denver's picks. I would trade DeRozan + picks for Randle alone if it works.

(2) Toronto out: DeMar DeRozan, Jonas V, Landry Fields, 2015 1st round pick, 2016 1st round pick (NYK)
    Toronto in: Nik Stauskas, D-Cousins, Reggie Evans
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jw5pvrr
    Why Raptors: The Raptors acquire No1 Center in the league in Cousins and to think the Eastern Conference lack a dominant force in the paint, well Cousins is here, have no fear. Although, Cousins may be a locker room cancer but under a tough coach who coaches defense in Casey, things might work well for the beast. Nik Stauskas get to play for his home city while a familiar face in Evans provide that extra defense when playoff comes around

Why Kings: The Kings acquire DeRozan who reunite with his buddy in Rudy Gay. Jonas V might become better as a King whereas Landry Fields might find his groove by playing for another team. The Kings will also acquire two future first round picks from us

(3) Toronto out: DeMar DeRozan, Lou Will
    Toronto in: Aaron Affalo, Wilson Chandler
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=my5dj37

Why Raptors: The Raptors might fall to No4 or 5 spot after this trade but on the long run, it works well for us as in we are balanced out with two scorers who have outside shots in Affalo and Chandler

Why Nuggets: The Nuggets need a facelift and the franchise might gain something by acquiring a borderline allstar in DeRozan and a tremendous scoring of a 6th man in Lou Will.

1) Before DeRozan got back in the lineup post-injury, Ross was getting better, hitting jumpers, knocking down 3s
    2) I think DeRozan and Ross can't coexist since they play the same position, either Ross stay or DeRozan is gone.
    3) DeRozan hasn't got better since last season, and his knee will only get worse as time progress
    4) It's time to see what DeRozan can get us in the open market
    Lol, dude, what?

TRoss with DeMar before DeMar's injury: 10.7PPG, 41.9%3PT, 57.2%TS
    TRoss without DeMar: 12.6PPG, 35.8%3PT, 51.2%TS

As for DeRozan's knee... what exactly are you talking about? He injured his groin.

Comment

I just don't see any of that happening. Masai has already stated that he doesn't want to make any drastic changes. He said that last night.
      DD, KL, JV are not and will not EVER be traded, they will retire as raptors and their jerseys will be showcased in the ACC.
      Full stop
      2006-07 NBA Coach of the Year

Comment

I think the only trade is you, stop making these trades, though you could not do any worse as the GM of Toronto Maple Leafs

Comment

Dude, why the fuck would we trade DD?

He's the leader of this team along with Lowry, and he's improving all the time, as evidenced by his recent playmaking.
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
            Dude, why the fuck would we trade DD?

He's the leader of this team along with Lowry, and he's improving all the time, as evidenced by his recent playmaking.
            Would you trade him if it improved the team now and in the future?
            If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
              Would you trade him if it improved the team now and in the future?
              If it improved present as well as future, then would definitely do it.

But what would do that?
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
              X