Tayshaun Prince anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tayshaun Prince anyone?

Although he has lost a step in his game, he's still a serviceable small forward who can shoot and defend. Boston expressed interest in trading him away and he could be a good help for the playoffs this year.

I really think the Celtics are a team we could deal with, even though they are in our division. A trade we could do that would not ruin our future is Landry Fields and a pick for Tayshaun Prince.

I think Prince could still start on our team, while playing around 24-25 minutes a game. He's a proven veteran, a leader, and a champion. I think that he's worth a future second round pick.

What do you guys think?

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    Although he has lost a step in his game, he's still a serviceable small forward who can shoot and defend. Boston expressed interest in trading him away and he could be a good help for the playoffs this year.

I really think the Celtics are a team we could deal with, even though they are in our division. A trade we could do that would not ruin our future is Landry Fields and a pick for Tayshaun Prince.

I think Prince could still start on our team, while playing around 24-25 minutes a game. He's a proven veteran, a leader, and a champion. I think that he's worth a future second round pick.

What do you guys think?
    John Salmon's 2.0

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      John Salmon's 2.0
      No way?

*EDIT*

I mean how can you compare Tayshaun Prince with John Salmons?

Comment

No way?

*EDIT*

I mean how can you compare Tayshaun Prince with John Salmons?
        Neither can shoot any more. Once good defenders, now mediocre. Only getting by on their smarts. Time to retire for both.
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Well, as we talk, Prince is 18 on 38 from behind the arc this season.

Comment

Well, as we talk, Prince is 18 on 38 from behind the arc this season.
            Salmon's shot 38% and is shooting 34.8% this season but his fg% is terrible. So is Prince. His FG% is around 40%. They can't score unless wide open.

Comment

We don't need any more scorer with Lowry, DeMar, JV, Lou, Ross, etc. on the team. I think he would fit a need. Veteran 3 and D guy.

I just think that a new starter at the 3 spot is a huge need for this season. He would play less than 25 but he would fit right in.

Valanciunas/Stiemsma/Nogueira
              Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough/Hayes
              Prince/Johnson/Caboclo
              DeRozan/Williams/Ross
              Lowry/Vasquez

Comment

We don't need any more scorer with Lowry, DeMar, JV, Lou, Ross, etc. on the team. I think he would fit a need. Veteran 3 and D guy.

I just think that a new starter at the 3 spot is a huge need for this season. He would play less than 25 but he would fit right in.

Valanciunas/Stiemsma/Nogueira
                Johnson/Patterson/Hansbrough/Hayes
                Prince/Johnson/Caboclo
                DeRozan/Williams/Ross
                Lowry/Vasquez
                He can't shoot...

So what need would he be filling?

Comment

I guess we can close this thread already. I thought he could still shoot.

Comment

I guess we can close this thread already. I thought he could still shoot.
                    Well, now that I look at his numbers, he's having his best shooting % from 3 this year. (Had his career worst last year, which is why I figured he'd probably not really bounced back)

Still though...no interest in him. He's at best an end of bencher (11th-15th man) at this point in his career, and not someone you want in the rotation of a good team (of course we haven't looked like one recently).

Comment

*Update*

Prince just put up 19 points and 5 assists on 7/10 shooting, with 2/3 from 3.

With the other trade that I just proposed, imagine this team for these playoffs!!!

Valanciunas/Johnson/Stiemsma/Nogueira
                      Gibson/Patterson/Johnson (both in fact)
                      Prince/Ross/Johnson/Caboclo
                      DeRozan/Williams
                      Lowry/Vasquez

That's 14 players, so I don't know if we could bring another guy in at the minimum?

Comment

Working...
                      X