• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to go into EastMode.

Comment

#EastMode

Comment

From what I'm reading, none of you think the Raptors are a play off team in the west. Could be right, but it just goes to show how weak the east really is...
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
          From what I'm reading, none of you think the Raptors are a play off team in the west. Could be right, but it just goes to show how weak the east really is...
          /also how ridiculously strong the West is. I think the the Raps are a top 10 team in the league, and i think the 8 playoff teams in the west and the hawks are better than us.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            /also how ridiculously strong the West is. I think the the Raps are a top 10 team in the league, and i think the 8 playoff teams in the west and the hawks are better than us.
            I think the bulls are still better than we are. Not sure why they are struggling. Rose may have something to do with it as he tries to regain his form. Rose had 17 points on 26 shots in last nights 2OT loss to the Lakers, and 30 points on 33 shots the game before in their OT win over GSW. That's just not good enough, especially considering that Butler had 35 points on just 17 shots in LA. Injuries have been a factor too, but Rose has to step back and let the offence come to him. He doesn't need to dominate in order for this team to succeed, the roster is much better than before his injuries. And the possible issues between Thibs and the front office could be a distraction too I guess. But at their best, I think the Bulls are the best in the East.

Comment

I think our opinion of the Bulls is maybe a bit skewed by the fact that the two games the Bulls played against the Raps, they (and Derek Rose) were at absolute peak form. I don't think there's enough evidence to say that is the "real" Bulls that we will see in the playoffs.

Remember last year, that the Bulls had some great wins and were looking really hot going into the playoffs and just casually faded away to what should have been an inferior Wizards team. The Thibs teams have never had any real degree of playoff success and I can't help but think it's his tendency to overwork his players during the season.

I'm probably more scared of the Cavs right now.
              That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                I think our opinion of the Bulls is maybe a bit skewed by the fact that the two games the Bulls played against the Raps, they (and Derek Rose) were at absolute peak form. I don't think there's enough evidence to say that is the "real" Bulls that we will see in the playoffs.

Remember last year, that the Bulls had some great wins and were looking really hot going into the playoffs and just casually faded away to what should have been an inferior Wizards team. The Thibs teams have never had any real degree of playoff success and I can't help but think it's his tendency to overwork his players during the season.

I'm probably more scared of the Cavs right now.
                I admit, my opinion is probably skewed. But it seems they get up for all the games against the better teams. Probably not fair to compare this years squad with last years though. They now have Gasol, Mirotic, and Rose back, not to mention Butler turning into an all-star. At full strength, I still think they are the team to beat in the East, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they won it all.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  I think the bulls are still better than we are. Not sure why they are struggling. Rose may have something to do with it as he tries to regain his form. Rose had 17 points on 26 shots in last nights 2OT loss to the Lakers, and 30 points on 33 shots the game before in their OT win over GSW. That's just not good enough, especially considering that Butler had 35 points on just 17 shots in LA. Injuries have been a factor too, but Rose has to step back and let the offence come to him. He doesn't need to dominate in order for this team to succeed, the roster is much better than before his injuries. And the possible issues between Thibs and the front office could be a distraction too I guess. But at their best, I think the Bulls are the best in the East.
                  The Bulls are wildly inconsistent. A win against GSW followed by a loss to the Kobe-less Lakers. Home loss to UTAH after they beat Houston the night before. They grind out wins against San Antonio and Dallas then give it up to the Heat at home.

The mark of a truly great team is the consistency at which they bring their game each and every night. The Bulls are good but not the force they are being made out to be. They stand 4th in the East on merit. We are about 60% of the way through the schedule and the games at home vs the road and vs the west are now pretty much at an equilibrium for all the teams in the hunt in the east.

Thibideau runs his guys hard. They practice almost every day as Thibs is a true believer in ongoing and unyielding rep's at practice every day make for flawless execution during games. Its true but your guys wear down. Butler plays almost 40-42 mins a night. Gasol is great but he is 36 and the season wears on you. Noah's knees are recovering from surgery. Derrick Rose has had two ACL injuries and no matter what he says he thinks about it. Its human nature.

We have as good a shot as anyone right now to make the ECF but of the 5 in the hunt we are all looking up at the Hawks who bring the same game each and every night.

Love this stretch coming up. We get to see what we got against some very good competition at home and on the road. Our guys are pretty much healthy right now save for Amir whose always knicked up. For Feb think we go 7 and 4 and stay in the conversation as a contender not pretender in the east.
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    6th vs Clippers
                    8th vs Spurs
                    11th vs Wizards
                    20th @ Hawks
                    21st @ Rockets
                    23rd @ Pelicans
                    24th @ Mavs
                    27th vs GSW
                    28th @ NYK

we could quite easily go 1 - 8 in this month

500 basketball in the month of February should be counted a success
                    So far 4 - 1. A win tonight puts them above the .500 mark used above as an indicator of success. You might also look ahead to the NY game as a sure win (I know, I know, "on any given night any given team can beat..." blah blah blah). Certainly conceivable that the Raps could go 6-3 on what was looked at as a "true test" of a month.

So maybe it IS a true test of a month, and the Raps will pass with a B+!

Comment

Bump. We knew the month would be awful (and it was!!!)
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Bump. We knew the month would be awful (and it was!!!)
                        Kind of! Right?
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

we need to be able to go .500 against the top 12 teams in the league
                          Bump! Think we did this this month. Only really two bad losses, no and phi
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Bump! Think we did this this month. Only really two bad losses, no and phi
                            Did you forget the Knicks game already?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

4-7 overall in the month.

The Bad
                              Home losses to Milwaukee and Brooklyn.
                              Road loss to New Orleans without 3 starters.
                              Couple of blown leads late in the game.
                              Losing to the Knicks

The Good
                              Nice home stand wins over the Clippers, Spurs, Wiz and Hawks (with the all-star break in between).

Comment

The big win for me is that the Raptors are still in 2nd place in the East. Not by much, but I was expecting them to be in 4th or 5th after this month was over.

Comment

Working...
                                X