No announcement yet.

Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad Prequel)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Call Saul (Breaking Bad Prequel)

Better Call Saul premiers on Sunday and Monday on AMC.

An Advance review: http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/0...aul-uno-review

Debuting this coming Sunday, Better Call Saul carries with it the pedigree of Breaking Bad, the series that created and popularized its central character, Saul Goodman. It’s also burdened with the weight of fan expectations and – to varying degrees – a sense of cynical doubt. There are those who may assume that the spinoff series is a money grab manufactured by a studio and a network unwilling to let go of a successful series. Still others will attest that Vince Gilligan was simply unable to let go of the beloved universe he designed.
    There may be a kernel of truth in each notion. However, if Breaking Bad taught us anything, it’s that we can trust Gilligan and Saul co-creator Peter Gould’s vision and integrity. Indeed, the team took the extra time they needed to hone in on the crux of the story they wanted to tell, delaying the series’ debut.

In any event, as many have said, and I’ll repeat it here, even if Saul were a disaster of biblical proportions, we’d still be able to savor the bittersweet perfection of Walter White’s simultaneous rise in power and descent into hell. It’s still there, complete, unsullied, and available to enjoy.

Here’s the good news: Saul is great. At the very least, it delivers one hell of a strong open. I’ve seen the first two episodes and look forward to the opportunity to delve deeper into the specifics of what Saul is exploring – and how – once we’re into our regularly scheduled spoiler-filled weekly reviews.

Pretty stoked for that

Comment

A positive advance review today from Grantland:

Yes, It’s Good: AMC’s Big ‘Better Call Saul’ Bet Pays Off

Comment

Anybody watch this? I saw bits of both episodes, liked what I saw. Tuco makes an appearance, that crazy bastard!

I'll have to catch up on both episodes in full later this week.

BIZNATCH!

Comment

Just seen both episodes and it looks good
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

About 20 episodes later, what does everyone think now?

Season 3 feels like the best one yet. Makes me want to go back and re-watch Breaking Bad from start to finish.

Comment

I haven't seen yesterday's episode yet but last week's was amazing. Great season so far.
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
              X