Problem w/ the Offence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem w/ the Offence

They take way too many threes. Pull up threes, off the dribble, contested threes. Just bad shots. The other night vs Bucks they took 27 threes, made 7 of them. Last week vs Wizards i think(can't remember) they took 34 threes. Tonight vs Brooklyn they took 32 threes only made 10. That's a lot of threes a gam. Something needs to change.

If they're not taking threes, they're taking tough contested 2's, fadeaway, turnaround whatever. Lowry, DeRozan and AGAIN Lou Williams are the main culprit here.

Lowry's decision making(passing and shooting)since being named an all-star has been brutal. What's up with the long 2 fadeaway shot and the the long pull up 3's? also, what's up with the homerun passes?? because he's an all star he can now do whatever he wants?

DeRozan SHOULD operate more in the post.

Lou Williams needs to fucking calm down with the off the dribble 3 crap.
    Mamba Mentality

75% of our shots come from the guards. that's the problem with the offence.

Opposing teams are literally leaving our bigs to double guards on the perimeter... and we STILL don't pass inside.

#FireCasey

Comment

This is what Dwane Casey wants, whenever someone asks him about this he brushes it off by saying

WE JUST MISSED SHOTS!

Well excuse me I didn't know pull up contested 3s are easy shots
      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Analytics bruh. 3>2 where you been
        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Yeah, same story it's been all season, we ignore our most efficient players. When the guards were hot to start the year, no one cared. Now they've predictably cooled off, and, well, surprise...
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yea this is not playoff basketball. This is 6th seed, first round exit basketball
            The talent is definately there. JV should be putting up 15-10 a game easily.

I dont mind good mid-range jumpshots. Open jumpshots off pindowns, a lot of space, etc.
            But not turnaround long 2s, off the dribble, praying for some magic

Comment

MixxAOR wrote: View Post
              Analytics bruh. 3>2 where you been
              2 > 0 = turnover (long rebound leading to odd-man fast-break is essentially a turnover)

Comment

2kfeen wrote: View Post
                Yea this is not playoff basketball. This is 6th seed, first round exit basketball
                The talent is definately there. JV should be putting up 15-10 a game easily.

I dont mind good mid-range jumpshots. Open jumpshots off pindowns, a lot of space, etc.
                But not turnaround long 2s, off the dribble, praying for some magic
                This isn't even good NCAA ball. The choices and feel for the game is terrible. Casey is pushing the panic button coming out of halves now.

Comment

our in-game adjustments are horrible. really shows casey's caliber as a coach (probably bottom 7 in the league, if it werent for our team indivitual talent masking his inept offensive skills)

compare us to the Hawks, who probably have similar indivitual talent and look at them.
                  their coach has got them on a tear

not even in my dreams would we say that casey would be resopnsible for us winning games lol

hire jeff van gundy or steve nash when he retires following casey's inevitable playoff meltdown

Comment

Give Mike Malone a damn call, like he helped to progress DMC into the best he is in the post... We are extremely guard heavy, bring in a coach who implements a fine post game and executes sets that get the ball in the post properly so we can lean on our guards from the inside out. How it is supposed to be done.
                    Malone may have shortcomings but by the way JV has been treated, we need a coach who will integrate him asap, the guards will find their way because they already were relied on so heavily to create for themselves, something simple won't be difficult mid season. Seriously.

Comment

No to Malone. Good but still flawed. Let's try and only make a coaching change once, and I fear Malone is another stepping-stone type guy.

And definitely no to Nash. I think he would be a terrible head coach. The way he played the game was a total free-lance PG that could create anything out of nothing, that would not work as a head coach. Great as a player, could be disastrous for teaching a game concept.

Honestly what if we brought in someone like Arvydas Sabonis? Lithuania connections aside he was an incredibly smart player. He has been the president of Lithuanian basketball and I believe is involved in a lot of developmental programs in Lithuania. He has a great basketball mind and leadership qualities to boot. Thoughts?

Edit: I also would like to see a 7'3" monster stare down a ref when they make bad calls

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                        No to Malone. Good but still flawed. Let's try and only make a coaching change once, and I fear Malone is another stepping-stone type guy.

And definitely no to Nash. I think he would be a terrible head coach. The way he played the game was a total free-lance PG that could create anything out of nothing, that would not work as a head coach. Great as a player, could be disastrous for teaching a game concept.

Honestly what if we brought in someone like Arvydas Sabonis? Lithuania connections aside he was an incredibly smart player. He has been the president of Lithuanian basketball and I believe is involved in a lot of developmental programs in Lithuania. He has a great basketball mind and leadership qualities to boot. Thoughts?

Edit: I also would like to see a 7'3" monster stare down a ref when they make bad calls
                        Great players don't usually pan out as good coaches.
                        "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Messina

Comment

#MikeBabcock2015

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                              Messina
                              He is Pop's heir.

Comment

Working...