Standings Watch: Playoff Picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cody73 wrote: View Post
    We play the games to see who has a prayer against who. Otherwise we'd just hand the trophy at the beginning of the season. I think we can take the Cavs in 7 if we get lucky.
    You also learn to take a godd damn opinion. I never said we shouldn't play. I'm saying we aren't winning. Like for crying out loud, don't need to put words in my mouth. I didn't stop anyone from playing.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Just watch Lebron play and the calls he gets. It's laughable sometimes. It's a well known fact that NBA stars get undeserved calls from the refs. It's also well known that non-stars get fouled without their being a call. Just watch Hansbrough try to go back up with an offensive board. Dude gets hacked like he's a zombie on The Walking Dead and the refs just swallow their whistles.
      I'm not talking about stars getting special treatment. I'm talking teams that draw better ratings getting special treatment. The only one I can remember is Lakers vs kings in 2002.
      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Zainab wrote: View Post
        Hahaha, it's called learn to take an opinion. I never said we shouldn't play and quit - I'm just saying we won't win and that is a fact. If we won, I'd be OTT.
        Sorry I must have misconstrued your words...the ones that say "we won't win and that's a fact".
        Its not explicitly stating we should quit but thats the inference that myself and ole Cody picked up on.
        Just a point of reference. Its not a fact. It's your opinion. Which you get to have and talk about.
        One of the hazards of stating your opinion is that others will disagree with you. So when this happens you might just get off your high horse when others think your opinion is worth less than two thirds of three eights of the square root of F* All.
        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
        - TGO

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          Sorry I must have misconstrued your words...the ones that say "we won't win and that's a fact".
          Its not explicitly stating we should quit but thats the inference that myself and ole Cody picked up on.
          Just a point of reference. Its not a fact. It's your opinion. Which you get to have and talk about.
          One of the hazards of stating your opinion is that others will disagree with you. So when this happens you might just get off your high horse when others think your opinion is worth less than two thirds of three eights of the square root of F* All.
          Like I said, it's my opinion but nowhere did I say we shouldn't play the damn game. I know we'll lose in a 7-game series. At the same time, I do think it would be great experience and our guys could really learn from it. But, you see the problem I had with you was that you think somewhere along the lines I also said we shouldn't play. I never said that. Don't put words in to my mouth.

You're more than welcome to disagree with me and say you think we'll win or have a fair chance. To be fair, I don't give a damn what you think. You're entitled to your opinion, just don't put words in to my mouth. :-)
          Last edited by Zainab; Mon Feb 23, 2015, 08:49 PM.

Comment

• "Assuming Miami goes on a spin after Bosh's injury, and Brooklyn keeps playing well, we could easily see another Raptors/Nets playoff." - @raptorsrepublic
            Never realized this but looking at the standings this is a very real possibility. Here's to hoping for revenge!

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
              I still think we match up extremely well with Cleveland.

Lowry/Irving
              DD/JR Smith
              JJ/LeBron
              Amir or 2Pat/Love
              JV/Mosgov
              Are you on crack cocaine? Did you see loss at New Orleans?

Comment

• We're going to finish 4th. Just a matter of time.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  We're going to finish 4th. Just a matter of time.
                  In agreement. You can see it coming. We are going to go on a four game losing streak before eeking out as win vs Knicks.

Comment

• Bulls only 1.5 behind us. And surely everyone can see Cavs passing us.

Comment

• Even if we slip out of 2nd in the short term, I think we regain it, or keep 3rd at worst, as the rest of our schedule is very light after this brutal stretch, which we've already treaded water through.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        We're going to finish 4th. Just a matter of time.
                        Ironically, that might not be too bad. I'm not afraid of Washington or Milwaukee, and the Raps have matched up well against Atlanta. Let Cleveland and Chicago kill each other as 2/3 seeds.

DC needs to get his head out of his ass regardless of where this team finishes or who they face in round 1.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Ironically, that might not be too bad. I'm not afraid of Washington or Milwaukee, and the Raps have matched up well against Atlanta. Let Cleveland and Chicago kill each other as 2/3 seeds.

DC needs to get his head out of his ass regardless of where this team finishes or who they face in round 1.
                          Wouldn't we still have to face the first seed in the second round? Raps aren't in a good position for the second round no matter where they finish.

Comment

• tDotted wrote: View Post
                            Wouldn't we still have to face the first seed in the second round? Raps aren't in a good position for the second round no matter where they finish.
                            Yes, but I actually think the Raps match up better (and have more confidence) against Atlanta than Chicago or Cleveland. Yes they're the #1 seed and yes they'd have home-court, but I think I'd personally save Chicago or Cleveland until the ECF. Chicago seems built for the playoffs and has Toronto's number, though the Raptors have played them tight. A more talented and ever-improving Cavs team, lead by LBJ, scares me (regardless of how many NBA-induced layers of tinfoil you're wearing).

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                              Yes, but I actually think the Raps match up better (and have more confidence) against Atlanta than Chicago or Cleveland. Yes they're the #1 seed and yes they'd have home-court, but I think I'd personally save Chicago or Cleveland until the ECF. Chicago seems built for the playoffs and has Toronto's number, though the Raptors have played them tight. A more talented and ever-improving Cavs team, lead by LBJ, scares me (regardless of how many NBA-induced layers of tinfoil you're wearing).
                              Well, we haven't seen this new Hawks team in the playoffs yet but I see a series between them going to 6 for either side. In terms of talent, they're definitely more manageable for sure, but it's going to take top notch coaching to overcome that squad.

Comment

• Washington is definitely the best matchup for us.
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X