I am incouraged by Andrew's Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kopite91 wrote: View Post
    At around $7mil per season, Martin is a very good trade chip for Minny and Flip Saunders is displaying him to a big team this summer in exchange for a 1st rounder + young player. He's a good veteran on any team and I think it's a little far fetched when fans moan about him getting more shots than Andrew. The kid has developed tremendously since the start of the season and he'll have a long career ahead of him. Plus it isn't so much Martin's fault that Andrew doesn't get looks. I've watched a ton of Timberwolves this year. One thing about Martin is his ability to run through screens and shoot contested/uncontested beyond the arc at a great clip, thus spacing the floor. Andrew can't space the floor as his shot is still a work in progress while his main bread and butter is still going to the paint and going to the line. Plus a system around Andrew hasn't emerged due to his limited capabilities currently and this being his rookie year. Next year, one should emerge when he hones a shot over the summer.
    Wiggins can shoot the ball just fine, it's just not what the team wants him to do going forward, so it's not the position they put him in.

He's far more valuable to them as a guy that can get to the line and drive and kick (slasher/playmaker), and as a post scorer.

Wiggins has the potential to be the best slasher in the game once the LBJ era is in decline. Having that guy on your team (i.e. Jordan, then Kobe, then LeBron) has been historically hugely important.

They don't want to put too much pressure on him, so they temper their public comments, but they definitely are molding him in that lineage. Make no mistake, they're shooting for the stars with this kid's development. They see a hall of famer in the making.

What he really needs to work on is his ballhandling. Everything else will fall into place when that's there.

He's really intelligent on the court, and he looks for his teammates, but what's stopping him from developing great vision is his ballhandling. He spends too much time looking at the ball, and not enough time looking at everything else.

Once he puts the ball on a string his game will really open up, from passing out of double teams in the post, to finding shooters and bigs off drives. Then the offense can really run through him, and scorers like Kevin Martin will compliment his offensive game rather than detract from it. Did you notice how DeMar's game really opened up after he worked on his ballhandling? I'm expecting Wiggins to make a similar leap.

Obviously I'm a huge fan of Wiggins. Every Wolves game I watch he does something only a handful of people can do. I hope he keeps working hard and maximizes his potential, but at the same time he's a very special player right now. I've never seen footwork and body control from a 19 year old with his length and athleticism.
    Last edited by OakTree; Tue Mar 31, 2015, 12:16 AM.

Comment

I think the negative perception of Martin began when he arrived at training camp and was clueless that Love was traded. Also the year before, his negative comments about the OKC organization and his bit part role there made him look like a selfish dude.
      He was actually kidding about the Love Comments.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        He was actually kidding about the Love Comments.
        Oh really. I kinda knew he was kiddin about those comments, but a lot of people weren't amused initially. Btw that Sauce Castillo pic lol
        Give me liberty or give me a bran muffin! - Colin Mochrie

Comment

Oh really. I kinda knew he was kiddin about those comments, but a lot of people weren't amused initially. Btw that Sauce Castillo pic lol
          Yea, I actually hadn't even heard that he said that, but I went and checked an article and was shocked while reading through it. Then it has an update at the end saying he was kidding. I already dislike K-Mart and reading that I just wanted to punch his face. I still do lol

And yea, Sauce is the boss!

Comment

If Minny lands Towns or Okafor, they'll have a nice little core moving forward. Who knows how good they could be 3-4 years down the line. They'll probably have another high pick after next year, too. Let's hope they don't get too good!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              If Minny lands Towns or Okafor, they'll have a nice little core moving forward. Who knows how good they could be 3-4 years down the line. They'll probably have another high pick after next year, too. Let's hope they don't get too good!
              They're in the West. If they become the next OKC doesn't effect Toronto. Just using OKC as an example not really sure what team they resemble.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                They're in the West. If they become the next OKC doesn't effect Toronto. Just using OKC as an example not really sure what team they resemble.
                I realize they have a long way to go to reach OKC status cuz they're in the West, but if they have a good nucleus going he may actually wanna stay there longer than we want him too. That's how it will effect Toronto. I want him to come here ASAP

Comment

Another 22pt games poor rebounding though

Comment

Working...
                  X