Game #53: Washington Wizards 93 - Toronto Raptors 95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DanH wrote: View Post
    Yes, exactly. A big man getting offensive rebounds is very valuable to the team's offensive rating. And a big man scores efficiently down low. And defences have to bend and adjust to prevent big men from getting the ball down low, opening up the floor for everyone else. All very good points you make about why it is insane that JV gets pulled with that sort of offensive efficiency when DD is basically a league-worst offence (by a wide margin) all by himself and plays major minutes.
    That's not fair though. I see DD bend the defence and set off scrambles a lot, which eventually create the type of looks that we want.

I remember the Jay Triano years and it would drive me crazy that we didn't really have players who could bend the d like that.

I'm not a fan of catch-all stats that aren't +/- based.
    Last edited by stooley; Fri Feb 13, 2015, 06:35 PM.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
      That's not fair though. I see DD bend the defence and set off scrambles a lot, which eventually create the type of looks that we want.

I remember the Jay Triano years and it would drive me crazy that we didn't really have players who could bend the d like that.

I'm not a fan of catch-all stats that aren't +/- based.
      Yes, both of them bend the defence.

One of them grabs offensive rebounds and scores efficiently.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Yes, both of them bend the defence.

One of them grabs offensive rebounds and scores efficiently.
        No they don't. I haven't seen all that many double teams on Jonas.
        "Bruno?
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
          No they don't. I haven't seen all that many double teams on Jonas.
          You're kidding right? Half the complaints about Jonas are the turnovers he sometimes gets because teams are doubling him in the post.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

You're kidding right? Half the complaints about Jonas are the turnovers he sometimes gets because teams are doubling him in the post.
            I'll look for it next game.

But for some reason JV's ORPM is -2.69 and DD's is -0.01
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post

Also, pretty easy to look at JVs insanely low assist numbers and assume that whenever he does have the ball he will attempt to shoot it the majority of the time.
              Yeah he also gets passed to insanely few times. He isn't really included in the offensive ball movement, so has very little practice receiving the ball, commanding the double team, then kicking it out to the open shooter. And he should be fed by Lowry, Ross or 2pat, ie. Someone that can knock down the 3 if left open / JV doubled.

We've lived with the pain and inefficiency of hero ISO ball, I wish sometimes we could live with the growing pains of feeding the big fella in the hopes of getting higher percentage shots, and live with the short term consequences in the knowledge it will help with his and the team's growth with a view towards the playoffs and next year.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                You're talking as if JV doesn't pass the ball at all. Not assists, but simple passes.
                what simple passes? unless you're talking about just handing it off at the 3 point line or resetting the post? and what does that have to do with anything? JV will be going for the shot most of the time when in the post, as he should be. not a big secret there.

Comment

Working...
                X