Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Faried and McGee for Fields, Hands-bro and our first rounder - realistic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faried and McGee for Fields, Hands-bro and our first rounder - realistic?

So I had this in my head:

Denver trades Kenneth Faried and JaVale McGee.
    Toronto trades Tyler Hansborough and Landry Fields + Toronto's 2015 first-rounder (We keep the Denver/NY pick) + Salmons trade exception.

Success!
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q76daxo

Okay so it's a bit of a homer idea but hear me out. Denver has a glut of PF/C guys and they're going nowhere so there's rumours they might want to blow things up (plus Nurkic is good). Faried isn't gelling well with the coach and just signed an extension, McGee is a head case and can't stay healthy so is a risk. But despite the fact that he's crazy he is tall and he does block shots.

We'd be doing them a favour by taking some big contracts off their books and helping them accelerate rebuild. We give them a 1st round pick (ours) to sweeten things. We turn the dead weight on our roster to actually producing parts and get a shot-blocker (albeit an injury-prone crazy one). McGee is the price of getting Faried who I think a lot of people like as a rebounding energy guy, though he does have issues running sets which would probably put him in Casey's doghouse too.

What do you think? be honest now.
    Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
      What do you think? be honest now.
      I actually think it makes sense financially etc for Denver - it's not outside the realm of possibilities. It clears cap space and positional logjame for them and gives them a first round pick.

Comment

Please no McGee.
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

hyperdouche wrote: View Post
          I actually think it makes sense financially etc for Denver - it's not outside the realm of possibilities. It clears cap space and positional logjame for them and gives them a first round pick.
          The raptors would do it...
          They may have to wait a while though while Denver recovers from their laughing fit. Our leftovers and a late round pick for their best player. \
          There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
          - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
            They may have to wait a while though while Denver recovers from their laughing fit. Our leftovers and a late round pick for their best player. \
            Hey, clearing the books is a popular thing to do at the moment! Fair point though, I guess I am expecting a little bit of Masai fleecing to be applied during the negotiations.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
              Please no McGee.
              Exactly why Denver at least listens to it. Nobody likes McGee! This is the price of netting Faried.

Comment

Working...
              X