Ross for Otto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross for Otto

I'm not really sure what's going on with Ross but it's clear he needs a change of scenery.

Bradley Beal can't seem to stay healthy and as such, they're playing Otto there but it really sacrifices their perimeter game.

Otto to me is a better fit for the team. He's not as off the charts athletic as Ross, but he is more intelligent and does a great job of letting the game come to him and knows how to be a compliment player. He's also got better size and in my opinion, a better defender.

I like the idea of continuing with starting JJ but Otto would give us better depth, and could start if needed. It'd help solve the size on the wing issue we have as well.

So i propose Ross and Steamer for Otto.

It's not the dramatic trade i think most would want for Ross but i think it's realistic, works for both teams and would help us short term as well as long.

Thoughts?
    @sweatpantsjer

No way Washington does this...
    Otto is much better player than Ross is already in my personal opinion and otto is coming off from injury too

Comment

Porter is almost 3 yrs younger than Ross.
      If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Ya man, its hard to propose a trade, to a direct competitor, where they get your failing young player, and you get their promising and succeeding younger one.

Comment

i think you guys are overrating how much the wiz value him. he's starting yes, but he's not getting many minutes. Temple's getting the majority.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

It doesn't matter how much the Wiz value him compared to Temple. What matters is how much the Wiz value him compared to Ross. Porter is playing better than Ross is this year (granted, in fewer minutes, but not so few that we don't have a decent sample size) and he won't be due for a contract extension for another two years whereas Ross has to be extended (or not) this summer.

Porter is playing better for less money. The Wiz aren't doing this trade without us throwing in more to sweeten it. A lot more.

Comment

Working...
            X